Rush's Next Studio Album

losingit2k

Now that Rush has tested and had success with a string section in which directions do you feel the next studio album will go if they have one.  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Now that Rush has tested and had success with a string section in which directions do you feel the next studio album will go if they have one.

• Another album with strings like CA
    • More keyboards laden like the 80's Era
    • Lighter and more song oriented like Presto Era
    • Heavier and Progressive like Pew & MP Era
    • All Prog-fest like AFTK and Hemispheres
    • Heavy like their debut album RUSH
    • They will not have another album just release singles

As much as I would like to have the all instrumental album it may never happen. Geddy mentioned it and Neil liked it. The idea was that they would make a really cool and long new instrumental and it would be the new song on an instrumental compilation, but then the steampunk idea came along and they abandoned the instrumental idea. It was in one of the many recent articles that have been showing up around here since before Clockwork Angels came out.

Rush tends not to go back to old ideas, but if they do I'd be pumped for it. I would certainly like at least one more great instrumental from them.

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Sep 20 2012, 02:59 PM)
I think another strings album, but maybe with less strings that CA. In the past Rush has usually transitions between styles over 3 albums, not just 2. smile.gif

(Exceptions: HYF -> Presto, VT -> S&A)

Most likely this but I hope they do something complex

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Sep 20 2012, 11:20 AM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Sep 20 2012, 09:19 AM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Sep 20 2012, 09:15 AM)
QUOTE (canadianice @ Sep 20 2012, 09:01 AM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Sep 20 2012, 08:50 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Sep 20 2012, 08:40 AM)
I think they'll go 88mph, back.. to the future! It'll be a debut 2.gif-like album, back to more basics and end their career on a crunchy note akin to how it all started.

They'll also probably do the all instumental compilation, with a new mind-blowing long piece.

Bring back Rutsey!

You get the award for Most ignorant post by a Mental Midget. Congrats bitchslap.gif

oooooh internet tough guy can't detect sarcasm. Who's the mental midget?

To be politically correct that would be a mental dwarf.

"Mental Little Person" you insensitive bastard.

This response makes me laugh.gif rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Sep 20 2012, 05:00 PM)
QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Sep 20 2012, 11:20 AM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Sep 20 2012, 09:19 AM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Sep 20 2012, 09:15 AM)
QUOTE (canadianice @ Sep 20 2012, 09:01 AM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Sep 20 2012, 08:50 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Sep 20 2012, 08:40 AM)
I think they'll go 88mph, back.. to the future! It'll be a debut 2.gif-like album, back to more basics and end their career on a crunchy note akin to how it all started.

They'll also probably do the all instumental compilation, with a new mind-blowing long piece.

Bring back Rutsey!

You get the award for Most ignorant post by a Mental Midget. Congrats bitchslap.gif

oooooh internet tough guy can't detect sarcasm. Who's the mental midget?

To be politically correct that would be a mental dwarf.

"Mental Little Person" you insensitive bastard.

This response makes me laugh.gif rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif

My God this is good shit... cool10.gif

According to the British Repertoire Acclaimed Wee Legion, "putz" is the dynamic equivalent to "mental drawf".

The progressive era mixed with the keyboard era and a cleaner guitar sound would be the ultimate. They won't do it but that's what I want. CA started going back that way so who knows? I wouldn't mind more strings again but give me way more keys as well.

You know, since HYF I have been ready for it to be their last. Right now, I don't care what they do as long as they put out something that excites me as much as CA. I'm going to be honest, I like S&A and VT. They were much better to my ears than T4E and RTB. Bring it on. I love the fact that at 41 I am still hearing new Rush and anticipating a show. It all started when I was 12.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Sep 20 2012, 08:40 PM)
You know, since HYF I have been ready for it to be their last. Right now, I don't care what they do as long as they put out something that excites me as much as CA. I'm going to be honest, I like S&A and VT. They were much better to my ears than T4E and RTB. Bring it on. I love the fact that at 41 I am still hearing new Rush and anticipating a show. It all started when I was 12.

And they've been the soundtrack to you life ever since!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 20 2012, 11:15 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 20 2012, 11:05 AM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 20 2012, 09:12 AM)
Who knows what they'll do...they've mentioned all instrumental compilation and some new ones to go along with it. One things for sure, as they get older they are getting heavier (not just in body weight tongue.gif ).

Thats Interesting cause I have always maintained they'd do that, But where recently did you read or view where they actually stated that. I think Geddy mentioned that a long time ago if memory serves me right.

unsure.gif confused13.gif unsure.gif

I think its mentioned in the Time Machine tour book if I'm not mistaken...I'll have to check it out after I go milking biggrin.gif

How many days out for you Bro? I know you have to really be getting excited about your show!!!

2.gif

I still have like A month and a 1/2. November 3rd can't come fast enough.

drool1.gif

I'm pretty sure they will go out with one last album like what they have done from Counterparts on. I really like this heavier direction they went, but it would be nice to see maybe one more side of them we wouldn't necessarily expect.

QUOTE (wagtang @ Sep 22 2012, 09:57 PM)
I'm pretty sure they will go out with one last album like what they have done from Counterparts on. I really like this heavier direction they went, but it would be nice to see maybe one more side of them we wouldn't necessarily expect.

What side would that be, their back side?

moon.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 23 2012, 08:53 AM)

moon.gif

Haha.. probably. It's just hypothetical. We'll see in due time. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (wagtang @ Sep 23 2012, 04:38 PM)

moon.gif

Haha.. probably. It's just hypothetical. We'll see in due time. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Who knows whats next, a full Orchestra & Choir?

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 23 2012, 07:14 PM)

moon.gif

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Rush's new synthy renditions of church songs, maybe? The next album will be called, "Power Hymnals"

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I voted Pew-MP (add Signals for good measure) as I believe that was the band's golden era. This being said, I think its highly unlikely we get another studio album.

Predicting a CA second leg next year, extended break, than a farewell R 40 tour sometime late in 2014.

QUOTE (wagtang @ Sep 24 2012, 01:29 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 23 2012, 07:14 PM)

moon.gif

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Rush's new synthy renditions of church songs, maybe? The next album will be called, "Power Hymnals"

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif