Meet and Greet

Janie

In the past, we had TRF members sharing their Meet and Greet photos but I haven't seen any yet. Are the guys not doing them this time around??

I have to get my jealous on!

Edited by Janie

They are doing them. I saw someone at the Chicago show wearing a "Meet & Greet" pass and asked him how it was. He said it was really REALLY quick. There were about 24 people, and they were told to cheer when Geddy and Alex came in, step up quickly, shake hands, smile, and move on. No time for small talk, autographs, or anything like that.

Sounds like "Meet & Greet" should be renamed to "Shake, Smile and Scoot".

QUOTE (glennb2112 @ Sep 17 2012, 11:25 AM)
yes they are..if you go to their website they are giving away chances to meet them.

Where at on the site do you enter to win??

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Sep 17 2012, 03:43 PM)
QUOTE (glennb2112 @ Sep 17 2012, 11:25 AM)
yes they are..if you go to their website they are giving away chances to meet them.

Where at on the site do you enter to win??

click the store link

Edited by glennb2112

If thats the case why bother? I know they ain't got time to be your friend etc. A little more time would be more genuine. Maybe less winners IDK? Cheering for them might go naturally but I don't like the idea of it being scripted to you before they walk in.

I have a friend who was in the "meet and greet" group in Toronto a few years ago and there was no "assisted cheering" instructions or anything like that at all. Geddy and Alex came out and spent about 20 minutes chatting and signing anything that people had to be signed. Pictures, etc... all of that.

My friend said she had a great time and wasn't hurried at all. In fact, she said Alex was asking questions about her family, her career, etc, and even asked to see pictures of her kids. So, maybe the other night the guys were a little short of time...

I couldn't imagine being told to cheer... that would be weird. I doubt very much Geddy and Alex know about that. They'd probably feel a little silly. They have nothing to prove at this stage of the game.

biggrin.gif

Yeah from most accounts I've read and heard from others who have done the meet and greets with other bands thats more or less how I would imagine a Rush Meet and Greet would be but cooler :-) I did read one's account of a Rush Meet and Greet back in 1990 on the second leg of The Presto Tour. Was more or less like you wrote above.

I could see the "hurry factor" being an issue if they were late etc. But being told to cheer is ridiculous.

Edited by jonnyj

QUOTE (glennb2112 @ Sep 17 2012, 08:25 AM)

Is that how you were able to meet them? From contests?

I did the meet & greet in Indianapolis. It was quick. No autographs, small talk or anything. Just enough time to shake hands, say hello and get a photo. The photo was taken by a band photographer and was supposed to be posted to a link from Rush.com. They told us it would be up within 24 hours. It has been 5 days and still no photos. Kinda disappointing.

QUOTE (jonnyj @ Sep 17 2012, 08:52 PM)
If thats the case why bother? I know they ain't got time to be your friend etc. A little more time would be more genuine. Maybe less winners IDK? Cheering for them might go naturally but I don't like the idea of it being scripted to you before they walk in.

I Know Right!!!! angry.gif

QUOTE (Tip of the Iceberg @ Sep 18 2012, 07:50 AM)
I did the meet & greet in Indianapolis. It was quick. No autographs, small talk or anything. Just enough time to shake hands, say hello and get a photo. The photo was taken by a band photographer and was supposed to be posted to a link from Rush.com. They told us it would be up within 24 hours. It has been 5 days and still no photos. Kinda disappointing.

They're probably a little behind. All the photos from the shows before yours are up now!

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Sep 18 2012, 09:16 AM)
QUOTE (Tip of the Iceberg @ Sep 18 2012, 07:50 AM)
I did the meet & greet in Indianapolis.  It was quick.  No autographs, small talk or anything.  Just enough time to shake hands, say hello and get a photo.  The photo was taken by a band photographer and was supposed to be posted to a link from Rush.com.  They told us it would be up within 24 hours.  It has been 5 days and still no photos.  Kinda disappointing.

They're probably a little behind. All the photos from the shows before yours are up now!

I'm not seeing the link on their site?

I saw a few weeks ago a couple of tickets for a meet and greet

you could only buy 2 from a reseller

2,000 usd a piece!

Are you nuts??? fing.gif

I couldnt sleep that night

my older dream come true

at the tip of my fingers banghead.gif

but have to pay 4,000 USD to shake Mr. Lee blessed hand?'

I am his most dear, devoted fan but I still have my head on my shoulders.

I know it is worth it, and I can pay it, but I know the value of money

Just 4000 bucks to shake hands, take a picture you might never see and kick out....hmmm no thanks dazed025.gif moon.gif

QUOTE (SUBDIVISIONS @ Sep 18 2012, 03:25 PM)
I saw a few weeks ago a couple of tickets for a meet and greet
you could only buy 2 from a reseller
2,000 usd a piece!

Are you nuts??? fing.gif

I couldnt sleep that night
my older dream come true
at the tip of my fingers banghead.gif

but have to pay 4,000 USD to shake Mr. Lee blessed hand?'

I am his most dear, devoted fan but I still have my head on my shoulders.

I know it is worth it, and I can pay it, but I know the value of money
Just 4000 bucks to shake hands, take a picture you might never see and kick out....hmmm no thanks dazed025.gif moon.gif

I saw 2 people selling meet-n-greet passes on a local Indianapolis ticket broker site. One wanted $2300 each, and the other was $2500 each and both sellers made you buy 2.

There is virtually nobody I'd pay that much just to meet. They'd have to resurrect some long ago dead person to get me to shed that kind of demp on meeting them.

I can only imagine having shelled out that kind of money only to get about 20 seconds with them.

On the opposite end of this, I just went to see KISS two nights ago, and had a meet and greet package (which cost half of what's posted above), and we were treated to a private pre-show acoustic set w/requests, the band tried getting a couple of audience members to sing lead vocals on a couple of songs, and they did an autograph signing at the end. Then later, after they were in full costume and make-up they did the photo op thing before going onstage for the full-blown concert. My friend and I had our minds blown by the whole thing. It was crazy. The weird thing was that Motley Crue was the other band, and we literally saw only around 5-10 minutes of their show, and it was like, "oh, there's Motley Crue, OK, lets go get our buzz on and get photographed w/KISS." I'm still juiced about the whole thing, it was so great.

I'm hoping to do the meet and greet in Newark, and would be happy if it were something like when I met them in '94 where they mingled with a small group of people privately, and schmoozed a little with folks, rather than just being cranked thru a line, like a machine gun. It's looking like they haven't posted any photo updates since 9/11--they must be having some issue with their gear or internet access, or they switched to a different site for the rest of the tour.