Removing the Thorn from this setlist

losingit2k

Which song would you prefer other than Working Man to end the 2nd set.  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Which song would you prefer other than Working Man to end the 2nd set.

• 2112 Overture/Temples/ Finale
    • Xanadu (Entire)
    • Jacobs Ladder
    • La Villa Strangiatto (Complete)
    • Natural Science
    • The Camera Eye
    • Hits Medley (Freewill, Limelight/ Closer to the Heart -Extended)
    • Small Instrumedley: ( A Farewell to Kings/ Bastile Day)
    • Larger Instrumedley: (Cygnus X-1, Hemisphere (Prelude)
    • Older Medley (Finding my Way, What You're Doing)
    • Nothing (I like Working Man as a closer)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with Working Man, but I would love to hear In The Mood one more time. I know it is a silly song, but there is just something about it that makes me happy. Add a balloon drop and we're all in that "I-don't-care-I'm-having-fun" space. common001.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Sep 14 2012, 10:13 PM)
Older medley yes.gif

Judging from old boots, What You're Doing and Finding My Way would kick butt live 1022.gif

I could certainly go for Finding My Way.

For me, that and Working Man are the standouts and my two favs from the first album.

Wow, I don't think any song should be replaced in the 2nd set, maybe BU2B should be added in but really.... WORKING MAN IS A THORN????? Gimme a break...........

Make a new poll for the first Setlist beginning and ending b_sigh.gif seriously, Working man is a thorn? wtf.gif

QUOTE (WavesandWindows @ Sep 15 2012, 02:23 AM)
Wow, I don't think any song should be replaced in the 2nd set, maybe BU2B should be added in but really.... WORKING MAN IS A THORN????? Gimme a break...........

Make a new poll for the first Setlist beginning and ending b_sigh.gif seriously, Working man is a thorn? wtf.gif

Yes its a thorn. Since they brought it back its become a staple at their concerts and this song is far from being a staple. Staples are Limelight, Tom Sawyer, The Spirit of Radio and to some extent YYZ and Freewill. Working Man is a great song but a Far Cry from being a Staple and with that reggae intro it has become a thorn. in their setlist. It need to be removed and replaced with the Thread favorite Xanadu!

yes.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 15 2012, 07:40 AM)

Make a new poll for the first Setlist beginning and ending b_sigh.gif  seriously, Working man is a thorn?  wtf.gif

Yes its a thorn. Since they brought it back its become a staple at their concerts and this song is far from being a staple. Staples are Limelight, Tom Sawyer, The Spirit of Radio and to some extent YYZ and Freewill. Working Man is a great song but a Far Cry from being a Staple and with that reggae intro it has become a thorn. in their setlist. It need to be removed and replaced with the Thread favorite Xanadu!

yes.gif

you are without a clue. what a load of bullshit.

how old are you? i guess if you are a kid i will cut you some slack but if not you need to go back and learn your history there grasshopper.

working man is the single most important song in all of rush history.

it was the original rush staple song.

goodpost.gif

can you believe these guys?

From RIAB:

*** SPOILER UPDATE 1 *** Reader wackostu is at the show and reports in the comments that the soundboard guy said that there would be another slight adjustment to the A setlist. Apparently they'll be swapping out Working Man with The Spirit of Radio to close out the second set. The Spirit of Radio had been played as part of the encore on opening night, but not since. There was no setlist photo to support this, so we'll just have to wait and see for verification.

I'm okay with this smile.gif

I voted for the older medley though I'm not sure Geddy could pull it off these days. I'd also be happy with Xanadu. But if I had my way, it would be Out Of The Cradle, then save Xanadu for the closer in the encore.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 15 2012, 07:40 AM)

Make a new poll for the first Setlist beginning and ending b_sigh.gif  seriously, Working man is a thorn?  wtf.gif

yes.gif

Right, yes 2.gif has actually butchered the song by putting in the silly reggae intro... However, if that was removed the 12% of us voting that Working Man needs to stay will actually be increased by about 88% we will all love it!!! All the other choices in is are great but I just want to make my pint

WORKING MAN IS FAR FROM A THORN, THE REGGAE INTRO IS REALLY SILLY BUT WORKING MAN IS NOT A THORN!!!!!!!

Seriously though, wtf.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 15 2012, 08:18 AM)

goodpost.gif

can you believe these guys?

Thanks for taking my side as well, Tangy