Post YouTube vids from the tour here!

Shreddy Lee

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Sep 20 2012, 08:20 AM)
QUOTE (WavesandWindows @ Sep 20 2012, 06:57 AM)
Can somebody please find Red Sector A from Auburn Hills where they do the new intro.... Please don't kill me but SPOILER ALERT: It is a new Reggae intro like Working Man.... Another good song down the tubes?

They did not do a "new intro" when they played RSA in DC. RSA was played right after Neil's 3rd solo that featured all electronic drums, but the song was true to the album version. (Although, the whole of GuP itself is kinda reggae-y . . .)

That's cool that you got a different intro though - hadn't heard about that.

Oops... Damn Setlist fm....

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (willowroolz @ Sep 24 2012, 08:19 AM)
Some more from Chicago:

Highlights

The Spirit of Radio

Subdivisions

Drum Solo (Where's My Thing)

Tom Sawyer / 2112

The Highlights piece is AWESOME!!! Thank you! I felt liked I "lived it all again"!!

Edited by bigalfan

QUOTE (bigalfan @ Sep 24 2012, 09:29 AM)
QUOTE (willowroolz @ Sep 24 2012, 08:19 AM)
Some more from Chicago:

Highlights

The Spirit of Radio

Subdivisions

Drum Solo (Where's My Thing)

Tom Sawyer / 2112

The Highlights piece is AWESOME!!! Thank you! I felt liked I "lived it all again"!!

Yeah, the highlights thing is great! Thanks!

(sounds like Geddy sings "invisible feedback" instead of "emotional feedback." LOL)

QUOTE (trenken @ Sep 19 2012, 10:37 AM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 19 2012, 10:31 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Sep 19 2012, 10:25 AM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 17 2012, 10:45 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Sep 17 2012, 09:37 AM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 11 2012, 05:54 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isll_WCU6Zw

7CoG

havent seen it posted it yet

Geddy bailed on the highs in the 2nd part of the chorus. I kinda thought he would when I first heard that on the album. Still sounds ok, Id rather him not try them if it was going to be painful.

OMG I'm in agreeance with you once more Trenken... ohmy.gif Yeah, why bother killing yourself. It was the once song I just knew I might wince once or twice. However--Geddy still ripped a new one the night I saw him

Yeah we see people here all the time complaining about it, but honestly I would rather them drop the key of old songs and him bail on the highs outside of his comfortable range in new songs than to just sound like he's completely struggling up there. Plus it keeps him sounding a little better throughout the whole show, and in all later shows since he isnt straining as much and wearing out his vocal chords. No shame in staying within your range even if he did hit the highs in the studio.

No complaints here...I'll take a spot on record performance, and adjust accordingly live.

What show are you going to?

Prudential Center in NJ. Im glad they are doing a fall tour this time since normally in the summer they would play PNC right down the road from me, which is outdoors and the sound sucks there. Ive seen them there 4 times and the sound just escapes into the air and there's just no power to it.

Indoors though even though they can sound a bit muddy with the sound reflecting off of the walls and ceiling, I do still prefer that to any outdoor arena. I like to feel Neil's bass drum kicking me in the ass and Geddy's bass rearranging my insides, which is just totally lost in outdoor arenas.

Saw them the 2nd date of the tour in DC. The majority of the crowd was characteristically dull for that region and the sound left alot to be desired.

Luckily, I too will be going to the NJ show and look forward to the superior indoor sound (rush shows BELONG indoors), and the typically great NY vibe of the crowd.

Edited by greg2112