Happy Birthday Alex!

Animate

Happy Birthday Alex Lifeson!

Born Aug 27, 1953.

My favorite member of my favorite band! The brilliant artist behind my favorite guitar solos. That sound- how can one guitarist sound so full? I would love to meet Alex, but would end up saying something stupid because I can't even think straight watching Alex play in a video.

Rush, especially Alex ARE nice guys- not absolutely perfect or free of faults. But close enough for me.

user posted image

HAPPY LERXSTMAS!! biggrin.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALEX!!!!!!!!!!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif cheer.gif common001.gif trink39.gif wink.gif You are AWESOME, AMAZING and a MAGNIFICENT GUITARIST!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif cheer.gif common001.gif trink39.gif I wish you a JOYFUL day, filled with all the things you love!!!!!!!!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif common001.gif common001.gif trink39.gif heart.gif

meh- old news.... don't feed the trolls Mika. Stupid to contemplate what would have happended without one member or the other. And it is being a total Delta Bravo to bring it up on a birthday thread in the first place.

All three guys are critical to Rush, Rush would not have made their hard core, hard guitar driven rock of the 70's without Alex formidable talents. Alex gives Rush the edge.

Neil is the brains of Rush, Geddy is the heart of Rush, Alex is the balls of Rush. When Alex's talents are margninalized, the music categorically lacks cahonas.

QUOTE (Animate @ Aug 27 2012, 01:39 PM)
meh- old news.... don't feed the trolls Mika. Stupid to contemplate what would have happended without one member or the other. And it is being a total Delta Bravo to bring it up on a birthday thread in the first place.

All three guys are critical to Rush, Rush would not have made their hard core, hard guitar driven rock of the 70's without Alex formidable talents. Alex gives Rush the edge.

Neil is the brains of Rush, Geddy is the heart of Rush, Alex is the balls of Rush. When Alex's talents are margninalized, the music categorically lacks cahonas.

Ha. That was a joke.

All I am doing is highlighting how extremely irreplaceable Ged (amazing multitasker) and Neil (one of the most accomplished drummers ever) are IF they had to/would replace anyone.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Aug 27 2012, 03:51 PM)
My favorite member, despite the caterpillar fingers and effeminate speech pattern!

Sorry Gemini don't believe you because your badge clearly states that you are "Team Pratt" all the way laugh.gif

As much as it would be a dream come true to tell Alex Happy Birthday, looking at the pathetic subject matter of active threads on this forum, as well as the immediate Delta Bravo tone of several replies here, it is fortunate that the Rush guys never actually visit!