Amazing new crop circle

treeduck

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 29 2012, 06:24 PM)
QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Aug 29 2012, 08:07 PM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 29 2012, 06:03 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 29 2012, 07:00 PM)
everyone is right.

^^^ A classic way to avoid admitting that you're wrong or even might be wrong about something. wink.gif

"You're just closed minded. Too deaf to hear and too blind to see." -rushgoober

There. Responded for him ph34r.gif

rofl3.gif

You know, I would be absolutely thrilled if there were magic in the world, supernatural forces to awe us......heck, I'd be utterly fascinated if there were an actual deity in existence.

Then be absolutely thrilled because all of that does exist. You just don't know it yet. Consider it something to look forward to. wink.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Aug 29 2012, 07:43 PM)
QUOTE (substancewithoutstyle @ Aug 29 2012, 09:37 PM)
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s410/datura67/cb7645ab.jpg

Now we have proof that aliens do actually do the crop circles.

Aliens don't have to go through all that nonsense. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 30 2012, 10:24 AM)
everyone is right.

^^^ A classic way to avoid admitting that you're wrong or even might be wrong about something. wink.gif

rofl3.gif

You know, I would be absolutely thrilled if there were magic in the world, supernatural forces to awe us......heck, I'd be utterly fascinated if there were an actual deity in existence. The trouble is that my wanting it to exist doesn't make it exist. My hopes and dreams have no effect. Other people telling me to "believe" are just making fools of themselves.

The current belief in the supernatural is exactly the same as that of millennia ago. It's based on ignorance and the fear of not having all the answers to the mysteries of life.

Well, maybe it's not "magic" or "supernatural" phenomenon after all. Maybe we're just using those terms for things we haven't been able to explain (yet). Electricity, the internet, instant ramen, and La Villa Strangiato could've all been considered "magic" (by some folks) if experienced a century ago.

I don't see why these crop circles HAVE TO be alien-made. Why can't they just be some natural occurrence of this planet that we don't know about? (And hoaxes DO fit into this category). I don't know... I believe aliens are alive and well but I don't think they're chopping crops in redneck hamlets across the planet.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 29 2012, 11:51 PM)
everyone is right.

rofl3.gif

You know, I would be absolutely thrilled if there were magic in the world, supernatural forces to awe us......heck, I'd be utterly fascinated if there were an actual deity in existence. The trouble is that my wanting it to exist doesn't make it exist. My hopes and dreams have no effect. Other people telling me to "believe" are just making fools of themselves.

The current belief in the supernatural is exactly the same as that of millennia ago. It's based on ignorance and the fear of not having all the answers to the mysteries of life.

Well, maybe it's not "magic" or "supernatural" phenomenon after all. Maybe we're just using those terms for things we haven't been able to explain (yet). Electricity, the internet, instant ramen, and La Villa Strangiato could've all been considered "magic" (by some folks) if experienced a century ago.

I don't see why these crop circles HAVE TO be alien-made. Why can't they just be some natural occurrence of this planet that we don't know about? (And hoaxes DO fit into this category). I don't know... I believe aliens are alive and well but I don't think they're chopping crops in redneck hamlets across the planet.

As much as I hate to admit it, there are most certainly entirely natural phenomena which the human mind is incapable of understanding!

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 29 2012, 09:51 PM)
everyone is right.

rofl3.gif

EXTREMELY well put. yes.gif

I don't know about the whole "natural occurrence" thing. I mean, what would that look like theoretically? It would be reasonable to assume it was something intelligent to create such complex patterns with such mathematical precision. I'm not saying it has to be aliens, but certainly something intelligent.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 30 2012, 02:13 PM)
everyone is right.

rofl3.gif

I don't know about the whole "natural occurrence" thing. I mean, what would that look like theoretically? It would be reasonable to assume it was something intelligent to create such complex patterns with such mathematical precision. I'm not saying it has to be aliens, but certainly something intelligent.

Butterfly wings, diamonds, and probably a whole bunch of other stuff I'm not thinking of at the moment seem to be crafted with "mathematical precision" at times. I wouldn't say those things are necessarily created by an intelligence...unless you call Mother Nature that intelligence.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 29 2012, 11:38 PM)
everyone is right.

rofl3.gif

You know, I would be absolutely thrilled if there were magic in the world, supernatural forces to awe us......heck, I'd be utterly fascinated if there were an actual deity in existence.

Then be absolutely thrilled because all of that does exist. You just don't know it yet. Consider it something to look forward to. wink.gif

I don't know it yet...but YOU know it, right? You have that secret knowledge that I and everyone else lack, right?

Of course you know it all exists, goober. You're special. There is not one chance that you could be wrong about this. You're Right, and everyone who disagrees with you is Wrong. Your beliefs are facts, while everyone else is just "close-minded".

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 29 2012, 10:37 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 30 2012, 02:13 PM)
everyone is right.

rofl3.gif

Butterfly wings, diamonds, and probably a whole bunch of other stuff I'm not thinking of at the moment seem to be crafted with "mathematical precision" at times. I wouldn't say those things are necessarily created by an intelligence...unless you call Mother Nature that intelligence.

I don't see how those two examples apply to these complex shapes that appear overnight in a field. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 30 2012, 03:23 AM)
everyone is right.

rofl3.gif

I don't know it yet...but YOU know it, right? You have that secret knowledge that I and everyone else lack, right?

Of course you know it all exists, goober. You're special. There is not one chance that you could be wrong about this. You're Right, and everyone who disagrees with you is Wrong. Your beliefs are facts, while everyone else is just "close-minded".

It's hardly "secret" knowledge, and I'm not special, not more than anyone else is. Most of the stuff I post on TRF are opinions, no matter how pompously I state that what I think is true, but in terms of the existence of God and the supernatural, there is not one chance I could be wrong. Obviously you don't have to believe as I do. I still maintain you have a wonderful larger world to look forward to, even though you might laugh at the prospect of that now. It will hardly be a punishment when you find out you're wrong, in fact, it will be a wonderful thing. wink.gif

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 30 2012, 12:26 PM)
everyone is right.

rofl3.gif

It's hardly "secret" knowledge, and I'm not special, not more than anyone else is. Most of the stuff I post on TRF are opinions, no matter how pompously I state that what I think is true, but in terms of the existence of God and the supernatural, there is not one chance I could be wrong. Obviously you don't have to believe as I do. I still maintain you have a wonderful larger world to look forward to, even though you might laugh at the prospect of that now. It will hardly be a punishment when you find out you're wrong, in fact, it will be a wonderful thing. wink.gif

well, what's that world going to be like? Paved with gold? Rivers of wine and a lot of virgins for the men? What's in it for the gals? tell us more Goobs blush4.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 30 2012, 10:28 AM)
everyone is right.

rofl3.gif

well, what's that world going to be like? Paved with gold? Rivers of wine and a lot of virgins for the men? What's in it for the gals? tell us more Goobs blush4.gif

I'm not saying the world is going to change, just that people who don't believe in God or anything supernatural will at some point, and that will be a wonderful thing for them. yes.gif

Hey, I realize full well some will think I'm nuts and arrogant for speaking like that, and obviously I'm ok with that, but it could be worse - I could be telling people they're going to hell and all that jazz, but I'm DEFINITELY not saying any of that. no.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 30 2012, 12:33 PM)
everyone is right.

rofl3.gif

I'm not saying the world is going to change, just that people who don't believe in God or anything supernatural will at some point, and that will be a wonderful thing for them. yes.gif

Hey, I realize full well some will think I'm nuts and arrogant for speaking like that, and obviously I'm ok with that, but it could be worse - I could be telling people they're going to hell and all that jazz, but I'm DEFINITELY not saying any of that. no.gif

I wasn't thinking that at all. Just curious what this world of your's will be like. I mean, are we petting tigers and walking with things that were once our enemies? Will we live in huts surrounded by a crop circle of our own design?

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 30 2012, 10:45 AM)
everyone is right.

rofl3.gif

I wasn't thinking that at all. Just curious what this world of your's will be like. I mean, are we petting tigers and walking with things that were once our enemies? Will we live in huts surrounded by a crop circle of our own design?

confused13.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 30 2012, 01:06 PM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 30 2012, 10:45 AM)
everyone is right.

rofl3.gif

confused13.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Aug 30 2012, 06:15 AM)
http://i.imgur.com/kjTiy.png

It was foretold!

I tend to think that the aliens would start putting down some of that fish bait on top 40 radio before they got this far.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Aug 30 2012, 02:31 PM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Aug 30 2012, 06:15 AM)
http://i.imgur.com/kjTiy.png

It was foretold!

I tend to think that the aliens would start putting down some of that fish bait on top 40 radio before they got this far.

It's not just the worst album ever, it's the worst album... IN THE UNIVERSE! tongue.gif

everyone is right.

rofl3.gif

Seems like you are insinuating that we are going to hell?

Edited by snowdogged

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Aug 30 2012, 03:12 PM)
everyone is right.

rofl3.gif

Seems like you are are insinuating that we are going to hell?

laugh.gif

I don't know how I could have been more clear that I was most definitively insinuating nothing of the sort.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 30 2012, 05:13 PM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Aug 30 2012, 03:12 PM)
everyone is right.

rofl3.gif

Seems like you are are insinuating that we are going to hell?

laugh.gif

I don't know how I could have been more clear that I was most definitively insinuating nothing of the sort.

Goobs, you make it all sound so amazing!!! Where do I sign up and where do I send the money? smile.gif

Edited by snowdogged

Hey Goobs, after reading some of your more recent posts it just made me realize something. No one has ever seen or as far as I know even claimed to have seen aliens making these crop circles. So why does it have to be aliens? How come no one ever says that theses crop circles were made by God and he is trying to tell us something? If you believe in both then you must consider that God himself made these crop circles and that aliens have never made any crop circles.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Aug 30 2012, 06:37 PM)
Hey Goobs, after reading some of your more recent posts it just made me realize something. No one has ever seen or as far as I know even claimed to have seen aliens making these crop circles. So why does it have to be aliens? How come no one ever says that theses crop circles were made by God and he is trying to tell us something? If you believe in both then you must consider that God himself made these crop circles and that aliens have never made any crop circles.

I have an acquaintance who is convinced and truly believes Jesus is an alien.