What song is owning you right now?

Maverick

Walking On The Moon

But it's better than Red Tide which was stuck on repeat for days on end and driving me batty.

That would be hell. :LOL:

It cured me of liking the song. That's for sure.

Only thing I can think of that would be worse would be Tubular Bells by Mike Oldfield. Oh crap. .... :LOL:

• Like 1

Dangling Conversation by Simon and Garfunkel. :heart: I loved this song when it came out in August 1966. I acquired S & G's greatest hits CD this week and have been playing it over and over. Dangling Conversation is my favorite. And you read your Emily Dickinson. For a song almost 50 years old, it does not sound dated to me. Just a beautiful song.

Something To Talk About - Bonnie Raitt. I heard this the other day in the grocery store and it's been stuck in my mind ever since.

Pictures of Matchstick Men

that's a great song, sister!! (although it sucks being old enough to remember when it was current, LOL!) Haha, the frilly shirts on these dudes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D4YYI8G5EM

Canuck, you and I would have a ball together listening to music! We love all the same oldies. :codger: Cause we're old. :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

I couldn't recall the name of the band that did it though, so thanks for posting the vid.

The other song that was going through my head (and I know you know this one and love it too) was Journey to the Center of the Mind.

And the other one. I think it was The Blues Project's version of Summertime Blues. Remember that one? :)

• Like 1

Pictures of Matchstick Men

that's a great song, sister!! (although it sucks being old enough to remember when it was current, LOL!) Haha, the frilly shirts on these dudes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D4YYI8G5EM

Canuck, you and I would have a ball together listening to music! We love all the same oldies. :codger: Cause we're old. :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

I couldn't recall the name of the band that did it though, so thanks for posting the vid.

The other song that was going through my head (and I know you know this one and love it too) was Journey to the Center of the Mind.

And the other one. I think it was The Blues Project's version of Summertime Blues. Remember that one? :)

Yes, since we are of the same vintage, we seem to love a lot of the same music. :cheers:

Journey to the Center of the Mind is Amboy Dukes (with Ted Nugent) and I love that song too. I remember when it was current. That song has owned me in the past also. Hope you can watch this video (complete with go go dancers and more frilly shirts)... I love that old black and white footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN2VNFpiGWo

Summertime Blues - my fave version is the Who at Woodstock (Roger Daltrey was very :drool: back then)

• Like 1

Roll Old Jeremiah, by the Black Crowes

Always loved it, and when I haven't heard it for awhile and then I listen to it again, it's just... Aaaaahh! So nice...

Marc Ford- Freedom Fighter

Holy wowowowwowow!!

I don't understand how I've neglected listening to his Neptune Blues Club album so much. It is wall-to-wall great, if you're a guitar freak.

This song opens with some licks that are particularly Stevie Ray Vaughan-like, to my ears. It's a fairly slow blues, about six and a half minutes in total...but his solo from about the 4:50 or five minute mark to the end of the song is just jaw-dropping...unbelievable. His tone and his fretboard work there are very reminiscent of Caress of Steel/2112-era Alex Lifeson. Brilliant stuff!

Edited by Blue J