Mars Landing!

Union 5-3992

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Space is beautiful, I love hearing about breakthroughs in space. <3

wub.gif

Man has some serious flaws, but to me nothing is more beautiful than us reaching outer space! One point for humanity!

Edited by Good,bad,andrush

I'm surprised nobody else here has posted anything about it. Space has always been a small curiosity of mine. I watch the occasional shuttle launch on TV and something like this has sparked my interest.

And watching Through The Wormhole certainly makes space more interesting. Thanks Morgan!

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Aug 6 2012, 12:44 AM)
I'm surprised nobody else here has posted anything about it. Space has always been a small curiosity of mine. I watch the occasional shuttle launch on TV and something like this has sparked my interest.

And watching Through The Wormhole certainly makes space more interesting. Thanks Morgan!

What an amazing feat!!!!

Just the fact that thing landed safely is amazing to me!!!

I hope all goes well.

Living in FL I used to see so many launches from my front yard (I'm about 60 miles away) and it was incredible every time....You can actually hear the it!!!!

Without getting too SOCN, it kills me what has happened to our space program. The one thing that separated America from the world was the space program...and it's shit now.

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Aug 6 2012, 12:11 PM)
QUOTE (burgeranacoke @ Aug 6 2012, 02:27 AM)
OMG!http://s9.postimage.org/qi9s2g26n/551091_10152013157770078_1248162667_n.jpg

rofl3.gif icon_alienjig.gif

laugh.gif

http://i.imgur.com/Z4UEC.jpg

I'd like to point out that, while CNN was talking about the Curiosity landing and interviewing the engineers, FOX was bickering about who should get what in Michael Jackson's will.

QUOTE (burgeranacoke @ Aug 6 2012, 01:27 AM)
OMG!http://s9.postimage.org/qi9s2g26n/551091_10152013157770078_1248162667_n.jpg

I knew they were real laugh.gif

I can't believe I forgot this was being covered on TV. Considering I watch How The Universe Works and Through The Wormhole every week on the Science channel, forgetting this was on is one of my biggest brain farts ever.

I've always been intersted in space and what's out there in the universe in general. I'm glad the rover landed safe and I hope we can use whatever info it can give us to someday get man there. We should already have people on Mars considering it's been over 40 years since man walked on the moon. Then again maybe I dream too big when it comes to us exploring the universe. There's a lot of risk with these things and we can't just jump right into going to a planet that's 35 million miles away without knowing everything possible about it first.

Cool glad it is up and running. The space program has given us so many things , should keep it running and bounce some other wasted gov stuff instead.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 6 2012, 07:30 AM)
http://i.imgur.com/Z4UEC.jpg

goodpost.gif x 1,000

I am ashamed to admit that I thought the landing would fail. Such a complex feat of engineering has never been attempted before......

I am extremely happy that I was wrong! laugh.gif