Analog Kid

HereAgain

While I haven't heard it live, I can easily see someone putting it up there with Rush's greatest. Vivid, imaginative lyrics, energetic verses, lush chorus, and that guitar solo. Edited by NYM86

QUOTE (HereAgain @ Aug 3 2012, 11:59 PM)
To me, Analog Kid is one of Rush's greatest songs and an unbelieveable experlience live! Who's with me on this?

Please bring that mother back this time around.

Song kicks ass.

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Aug 4 2012, 12:06 PM)
To me, Analog Kid is one of Rush's greatest songs and an unbelieveable experlience live! Who's with me on this?

Please bring that mother back this time around.

Song kicks ass.

yes.gif

Great riff, great playing from the whole band (duh!) with a blistering Lifeson solo but I don't think I would say it's one Rush's greatest. There's some serious competition to reach that level. The chorus is kind of a let down and a bit melodramatic, not one of their strongest relatively but that's a minor criticism. No problem with anyone who loves it but I'd rate anything from MP or GUP above it.

Favorite song from Signals. When they brought this out on Counterparts, I almost fell out of my chair. I think they did it on T4E as well, but I am not sure. I would love to see them bring this back.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Aug 5 2012, 05:28 AM)
Favorite song from Signals. When they brought this out on Counterparts, I almost fell out of my chair. I think they did it on T4E as well, but I am not sure. I would love to see them bring this back.

They didn't play it on the T4E tour. I saw them three times, once on the first leg and twice on the second and it wasn't played. It's my favorite off Signals and I would love to hear it live.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 5 2012, 07:18 AM)
QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Aug 5 2012, 05:28 AM)

They didn't play it on the T4E tour. I saw them three times, once on the first leg and twice on the second and it wasn't played. It's my favorite off Signals and I would love to hear it live.

Must be RTB then. I remember that I saw it twice...at least I think I did. Age, you know.

QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Aug 5 2012, 04:34 AM)
my favorite track from Signals is The Analog Kid, followed my most fan's favorite Subdivisions. It's simple from a drum aspect but Geddy's bass is a monster and Alex has a nasty solo.

yes.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Aug 5 2012, 08:14 PM)

yes but they won't play it. they're going to play roll the bones instead. cheer.gif

062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Aug 5 2012, 08:14 PM)

yes but they won't play it. they're going to play roll the bones instead. cheer.gif

Let's hope not.

I saw Analog Kid on the Counterparts tour. There was very little chance of knowing the set list in those days unless you heard something about it on the radio or something so when they started playing it I almost wet my pants. They nail it live.