Frank Costanza or Arthur Spooner

vital signz

Jerry Stiller's iconic characters which do you prefer?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Jerry Stiller's iconic characters which do you prefer?

• Frank Costanza
    • Arthur Spooner

Both are classic but I have to go with Arthur Spooner. One if my favorite lines is when he's in the basement watching TV and Doug goes down and asks him to do something (can't remember exactly). Anyway, he goes to shut off the TV and says "Nobody squeals like Ned Beatty." I lost it when I heard that rofl3.gif

Frank Costanza became a grating idiot. I hated what happened to Seinfeld. A brilliant observational sitcom transformed into a cast of shallow morons in unrealistic situations. That and Arthur Spooner made me laugh more.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 21 2012, 02:49 PM)
Frank Costanza became a grating idiot. I hated what happened to Seinfeld. A brilliant observational sitcom transformed into a cast of shallow morons in unrealistic situations.

I agree...most of the last 3-4 seasons of Seinfeld were pretty much unwatchable. When Larry David left it killed the show.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jul 21 2012, 04:54 PM)
Frank Costanza became a grating idiot. I hated what happened to Seinfeld. A brilliant observational sitcom transformed into a cast of shallow morons in unrealistic situations.

I agree...most of the last 3-4 seasons of Seinfeld were pretty much unwatchable. When Larry David left it killed the show.

Yeah, that is unfortunate how the show went downhill towards the end. But I thought the finale was pretty good.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 21 2012, 03:00 PM)

Yeah, that is unfortunate how the show went downhill towards the end. But I thought the finale was pretty good.

I agree about the finale (which was written by Larry David), though most people hated it.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jul 21 2012, 05:01 PM)

I agree about the finale (which was written by Larry David), though most people hated it.

So he came back just to write the finale?

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 22 2012, 09:11 AM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jul 21 2012, 05:01 PM)

So he came back just to write the finale?

He did. He said he'd had that idea of how to end the show for a long time, too.

As much as I love Seinfeld, I went with Arthur Spooner here. Frank Costanza was a good character but Seinfeld still would've been a great show without him. Arthur Spooner on the other hand had a much bigger role and was a main cast member on King Of Queens. The show just would not have been what it was without him.

A S

Too close to call for me...so similar in many ways.

Stiller is one of the best comedic actors EVER....period.

Festivus! (for the restivus)

The aluminum pole

The airing of the grievances

The feats of strength

The aluminum pole

Festivus!

smile.gif

QUOTE (Khan @ Jul 24 2012, 08:30 AM)
Too close to call for me...so similar in many ways.
Stiller is one of the best comedic actors EVER....period.

goodpost.gif Even his Capital One (I think that's who he does them for) commercials are pretty funny. He's one of those guys who just has "it."