What does your user name mean?

Mika

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (t2s @ Jul 20 2012, 12:54 AM)
My username = my initials

Sweet, you have a number for a middle name? I wish I had a middle name. I remember when I was really little, just starting at school, and all the kids would ask each other what their middle names were. After discovering that not having a middle name was in the minority and answering "I don't have one" kind of killed the flow of conversation, I began making up middle names for myself. I remember my first was, for whatever reason, 'Rolendia'.

And what's with all the references to 'YYZ' lyrics? laugh.gif Reminds me of the Exit, Stage Left concert dvd where the warning is shown that the vocal segment of 'YYZ' has been omitted due to its explicit nature.

QUOTE (Mika @ Jul 20 2012, 05:33 AM)
And what's with all the references to 'YYZ' lyrics? laugh.gif Reminds me of the Exit, Stage Left concert dvd where the warning is shown that the vocal segment of 'YYZ' has been omitted due to its explicit nature.

I think you mean La Villa on A Show of Hands.

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Jul 20 2012, 11:54 AM)
QUOTE (Mika @ Jul 20 2012, 05:33 AM)
And what's with all the references to 'YYZ' lyrics?  laugh.gif Reminds me of the Exit, Stage Left concert dvd where the warning is shown that the vocal segment of 'YYZ' has been omitted due to its explicit nature.

I think you mean La Villa on A Show of Hands.

That's the one, though I still can't work out what Alex said..! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Leslie145 @ Jul 20 2012, 07:35 AM)
A reference to Leslie Nielsen's real age

Seriously?

There isn't a Leslie 145 speaker? I was sure that's what you meant.

I need to ask Google about this.

A friend of mine misheard the lyrics to 'The Weapon', and I thought it was pretty funny

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jul 20 2012, 08:09 AM)
A friend of mine misheard the lyrics to 'The Weapon', and I thought it was pretty funny

I saw that quote in your signature, I believe, and thought it was pretty funny.

It means the clowns that already had Kubla Khan who never come on the forums already had the one I wanted...

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 19 2012, 08:00 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jul 19 2012, 09:33 PM)
My username is taken from the lyrics of YYZ.

It refers to the aging process and the fact that we're all doomed, right from the moment of conception.

wtf.gif Aren't you referring to the lyrics of Circumstances?

All the same we take our chances

Laughed at by time

Tricked by circumstances

No lyrics in YYZ....hopefully you knew that.

Uh, ya, I knew that...

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jul 20 2012, 12:02 PM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 19 2012, 08:00 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jul 19 2012, 09:33 PM)
My username is taken from the lyrics of YYZ.

It refers to the aging process and the fact that we're all doomed, right from the moment of conception.

wtf.gif Aren't you referring to the lyrics of Circumstances?

All the same we take our chances

Laughed at by time

Tricked by circumstances

No lyrics in YYZ....hopefully you knew that.

Uh, ya, I knew that...

rofl3.gif

Me and my friend once wrote some lyrics to YYZ when we were in high school.

Mine is also related to my email

a - first initial

peters - last name

vt - I graduated from Virginia Tech

Back in the 90's I used to hang out on a Cocteau Twins website and became good friends with a girl named Lisa. She always referred to people who were obsessed with things as goobers. For example, we were both Cocteau Twins goobers, she was really into anything from the 19th century, so she was a 19th century goober, etc. It kind of developed to be my online name, so when I joined TRF rushgoober seemed the obvious choice.

I also like the term goober as just denoting general goofiness.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 20 2012, 01:54 PM)
Back in the 90's I used to hang out on a Cocteau Twins website and became good friends with a girl named Lisa. She always referred to people who were obsessed with things as goobers. For example, we were both Cocteau Twins goobers, she was really into anything from the 19th century, so she was a 19th century goober, etc. It kind of developed to be my online name, so when I joined TRF rushgoober seemed the obvious choice.

What if you are obsessed with goobers?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 20 2012, 12:54 PM)

Hmm, a little part of me thought that it was a SpongeBob thing - a 'goofy goober'!

QUOTE (metallithrax @ Jul 20 2012, 08:14 PM)
Anyone who knows a little about rock/metal should easily be able to work mine out.

Metallica + Anthrax. And I love the sig..! wub.gif

QUOTE (On TheRoad To Adventure @ Jul 20 2012, 03:01 PM)
Mine is taken from Dreamline, which is one of my favourite RUSH songs. Since I live a long ways from any venues where RUSH plays, every concert means a road trip. RUSH concerts are always adventures, so there you have it: I'm On the Road to Adventure!

I'm in the same boat as you - have to travel for a Rush show, but it becomes a trip that way; since Rush isn't going to Vancouver this time around, we're going to make a big deal with the Edmonton show! Big trip, but it'll be awesome!

I'll have to remember to have 'Dreamline' on the ol' cd player when we make the trip!