Popular Artists you just don't like

plus everything and everyone involved with rap and hip hop. That crap is not music, it's background noise for crack smoking, basketball playing and armed robbery.

That's not borderline racist at all

I'm not a racist by any means, I make fun of all races, nationalities and religions equally! And myself the most.

Besides white folks smoke crack, play basketball and rob places too.

While what you said doesn't bother me, it may have bothered someone else on the forum. So, be careful what you say. You don't want to end up getting kicked off this board just after joining if someone decides to complain to the mods about you. It probably won't happen but just be aware that it could.

The one thing I will say about rap is that I do think it takes talent to be a good rapper. It's certainly takes good ability for some of them to say all the words at the speed they do sometimes. But musically, yeah, it's nothing special. Give me the proper equipment and i'm sure I can come up with a good hip hop hook. Better yet, i'll show no originality at all and just use a hook from an old song that was already a hit years ago like all of them do now.

This is a generalization. There is a lot of rap and hip hop that is truly musically innovative. I keep going back to It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back. Yes, it's filled with sampling, but it's constructed really well and produced an original sound. It's a landmark album. And I'll go back to Led Zeppelin, what's worse - sampling a record or ripping off blues artists and lesser known songwriters?

every single modern musician has 'ripped off' someone at sometime or another. They just call it 'influence'. Sampling just makes it more obvious.

Walk this way by aerosmith (pre Run DMC) is a rap song at heart. Yet us non-'crack smokin, bball playing, robbing people' folk rock out to it.

That being said, I don't like rap, but I don't like 99% of crap they call music today. But I will give credit when I hear a rap song that has some creativity behind it beyond just the typical rhyming to a metronome.

Imagine Dragons

Eeeeeew

I will never understand how Radioactive was such a big song? There must be some kind of conspiracy going on in modern rock music. There is absolutely no conceivable reason as to why that song became such a huge hit. Nothing special about it at all. I don't even think it's that catchy of a tune either.

And they're playing arenas on their current North American tour. How can so many people's musical taste be that bad?

I will never understand. My friends love them.

Makes me sick!

What makes me sick is that i've saw Rush twice on the current tour and Imagine Dragons are playing both of those arenes too. I just picture both venues sold out for Rush and think how could Imagine Dragons draw that many people? I can't wrap my head around it.

Imagine Dragons = warmed over Nickelback. But their fans just don't realize it.

Point taken, and apologies if someone was offended by my remark - which was written humorously.

Damn, sometimes I miss the old days when you didn't have to be politically correct all the time, and people understood jokes. I do like to joke about things, and more than often I ridicule myself as well. I just wish everyone wasn't so uptight. The world is full of funny things, and in many cases humour comes from generalizations. Like us in Finland. We are drunk all the time, and then we shoot ourselves as we can't tolerate the darkness and cold winters any more.

I do hate rap, but it's all the same to me if the rapper is black, white, yellow, red or a Martian. It's noise pollution in my ears and that's it.

• Like 1

Imagine Dragons

Eeeeeew

Often cited as the worst band name I've ever heard, in fact I think their name is so banally awful, I'm under the impression that they f***ing suck based on the band name alone. I've never heard a single second of them at all.

The name of the band is the best thing about them.

Imagine if Coldplay wrote bland music.

Think about that for a sec...

Coldplay = ColdFish

Just about any act that's on radio I hate, because everything in the music industry has gotten so bland. Every pop or even 'alternative' radio artist sounds like a bastard child of 'this band' plus 'this band'. It's like all the restaurants have turned into McDonald's.

So yeah, pretty much everything 'new' in music sucks, so that should cover it.

Mumford & Sons. For the love of pie, they annoy me.There's an insincerity to a lot of their songs that just irks me.

Want my opinion?

The mainstream wanted them to be cool. So they made them cool because their rivals were challenging, and this was the easiest to listen too.

When it comes to modern folk, no one does it better than Fleet Foxes.

I hate Mumford And Sons.

• Like 1

plus everything and everyone involved with rap and hip hop. That crap is not music, it's background noise for crack smoking, basketball playing and armed robbery.

That's not borderline racist at all

I'm not a racist by any means, I make fun of all races, nationalities and religions equally! And myself the most.

Besides white folks smoke crack, play basketball and rob places too.

While what you said doesn't bother me, it may have bothered someone else on the forum. So, be careful what you say. You don't want to end up getting kicked off this board just after joining if someone decides to complain to the mods about you. It probably won't happen but just be aware that it could.

Please. Are we really that sensitive? :eyeroll:

There is no denying that a fair amount of hip hop music degrades women, and glorifies crime and drugs. That's a fact and it his nothing to do with race.

• Like 2

Im gonna add dream theater..

Talented yes, but their songs never clicked with me. Odd because i live alot of similar style bands

• Like 1

A lot of people saying Dream Theater. I never realized they were considered popular.

Sure, they have a strong dedicated following, but popular? Not really.

True, but i include them myself as they always seemed to get so much critical acclaim.

A lot of people saying Dream Theater. I never realized they were considered popular.

Sure, they have a strong dedicated following, but popular? Not really.

Erm...yes they are very popular! Nearly every metalhead I know loves them, and how many unpopular bands last so long with such high profile new releases? Especially in metal!

Im gonna add dream theater..

Talented yes, but their songs never clicked with me. Odd because i live alot of similar style bands

Funny enough, I have never listened to them. Can't name even one song by them. Of course I know that there is a band called that, but I've always considered it to be something I wouldn't appreciate at all. I guess there is not much groove or Keith Richards influence there..??

I've looked up the concepts of songs/albums by Dream Theater, Coheed and Cambria, and Nightwish, and they're interesting, but I'm not interested enough to want to listen.

ABBA is its own special brand of...something. Not horrible, but also not something I'd listen to unless it happened to be on the radio.

For me Guns and Roses (except second part of November Rain where Axl keeps his f****n mouth shut. That is a nice bit od instrumental music.).

Also dont like The Eagles but I love Joe Walsh's solo stuff.

And of course the modern mainstream crap (Hip hop, RnB...)

• Like 2