Is Clockwork Angels the final Rush album?

hish747

Has anybody else thought that this might be the last album that Rush puts out?

I hope I'm wrong, but I get the feeling that this album from beginning to end feels like a final chapter in an incredible story; especially the way they draw on their past and wrap it all together. "The Garden" probably has as much to do with the feeling of an end as anything.

Edited by hish747

ちくしょう!この質問は刺激性がある!それを求めて停止します。見て!私はこの質問の疲れので、私は日本語を話すよ。

h

The font on here is too small.

h hhhhhhhhhhh. That's my response.

Edited by D3strukt

If it is, it is, and forever.

It's impossible to tell. It looks like they still enjoy playing and recording so they could always go for another album or two. But they are getting up there in age so they may become rather limited. If they're limited, they'd likely retire. Clockwork Angels would be a hell of an album to close on, especially with The Garden. Just let things go and see what happens.

[/thread] no more to say now. Just leave it as a mystery for now.

Edited by Union 5-3992

QUOTE (hish747 @ Jul 2 2012, 11:19 PM)
I hope I'm wrong, but I get the feeling that this album from beginning to end feels like a final chapter in an incredible story; especially the way they draw on their past and wrap it all together. "The Garden" probably has as much to do with the feeling of an end as anything.

So since you've made your mind up, what will you do with your time after the final curtain? Not the My Little Pony Boy site? wacko.gif

QUOTE (hish747 @ Jul 3 2012, 12:19 AM)

I've thought about it, and if it is the end, CA and The Garden are perfect ways to go out, a great CD and an emotional end.

QUOTE (hish747 @ Jul 3 2012, 01:19 PM)

I thought Hold Your Fire was going to be their final album. I was wrong. I thought A Show of Hands was going to be their final album. I was wrong. I thought Chronicles was going to be their final album. I was wrong. I thought Test for Echo was going to be their final album. I was wrong. I thought Different Stages was going to be their final album. I was wrong.... trink38.gif

I sure hope not. This crossed a lot of people minds, especially after Headlong Flight was release.

60 is not as old as you guys are making it out to be. I know this first hand as my husband just turned 60 (to clarify, I am 13 years younger) and I guarantee he is stronger, tougher, sharper, and has more stamina than almost anyone on this board, regardless of age. It is a matter of what you do every day.

And they said in an interview that they are interested in seeing how long they can carry on. Sure, things will change as they already are.

Bring them on! 1287.gif More albums! 1287.gif

Geddy and Neil have said this is not the end. They will probably keep recording in some way until the cows come home...touring, now that is another matter. On the flip side, Neil has made statements, as he did in Rolling Stone, that he doesn't see how its physically possible to play until 70...

They are going to release the cd of instrumentals...probably tour that...then another full length CD is my guess. Imagine what the next album will be like with another effort from Nick? It will only get better and more imaginative!!!

Edited by Tombstone Mountain

When I was thinking about this album being the last, I thought about what else they could possible achieve in another albums. I actually had the thought, wouldn't it be amazing if Rush releases an album full of instrumental music that actually becomes commercially successful? I don't think that has ever been done before. Imagine, having a hit song without a single word. It would actually renew my faith in humanity! smile.gif

QUOTE (hish747 @ Jul 2 2012, 11:19 PM)

A great way to end a great career.

I always have that feeling when I see them Live

This could be the last one, Neil could have a bike accident or something, but they seem to be on shape, not smoke anymore and good workout routine.

Geddy says that just like painting or writing, at music making, the age should not be a limit to keep doing good work.

But yes I feel they close the loop, this new record sound like the first ones, they got back home.

If its the last one, they made the best discography ever, a study case for generations and generations to come, and we were blessed by coexisting and be able to watch them perform.

Eventually they will die at some point, and no words or awards will be enough to pay back their magnificent work and achievements.

After Clockwork touring they will take a break and will come back with

R40

R40 might be the last RUSH tour

And clockwork angels might be the last record

Actually its so good, that they dont need to make another record

I think they finally found the secret river Alph

they walked the caves of ice

They break their fast on honey dew

and drunk the milk of paradise

RUSH dont need to make another record, they just did it

That record that Geddy always was trying to achieve finally arrived

I think its better than any other

Shoulder to shoulder with 2112

I cant take it out of my mind, it really caught me.

GOD BLESS RUSH!

QUOTE (SUBDIVISIONS @ Jul 5 2012, 08:34 AM)
After Clockwork touring they will take a break and will come back with
R40

R40 might be the last RUSH tour

And clockwork angels might be the last record

Actually its so good, that they dont need to make another record

I think they finally found the secret river Alph
they walked the caves of ice
They break their fast on honey dew
and drunk the milk of paradise

RUSH dont need to make another record, they just did it

That record that Geddy always was trying to achieve finally arrived

I think its better than any other

Shoulder to shoulder with 2112

I cant take it out of my mind, it really caught me.

GOD BLESS RUSH!

.......well said.

If it is, I'd be sad, but not disappointed. Wow! What a way to finish!

At any rate.......there's something epic and grand about this album.

Invisible airwaves

Crackle with life

Bright antennae bristle

With the energy

Emotional feedback

On a timeless wavelength

Bearing a gift beyond price-

Almost free...

While I understand that Neil and Geddy may have said this isn't the last, there was also something else that Neil said that is quite telling in it's suggestion that this will be the final Rush Studio album.

Neil has said that he intends Clockwork Angels to be his greatest achievement lyrically and drumming wise. That is quite a statement. He doesn't strike me as the kind of person who would say that album after album, and to my knowledge, he hasn't made this comment publicly before this.

So, if he intends Clockwork Angels to be his greatest achievement, what does he intend the next one to be, inferior? No, I don't think so.