Songs from CA to NOT be played live.

UltimoGuitarist

As we all know, there are always at least 2 or 3 songs that Rush does not perform from each album. Sometimes just not right away, other times never.

So, what songs can you not see Rush playing live from CA, either on this tour or ever.

My 3:

Seven Cities

Halo Effect

BU2B2

I'll throw in Wish Them Well as an extra.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (UltimoGuitarist @ Jun 29 2012, 02:43 PM)
As we all know, there are always at least 2 or 3 songs that Rush does not perform from each album. Sometimes just not right away, other times never.

So, what songs can you not see Rush playing live from CA, either on this tour or ever.

My 3:

Seven Cities
Halo Effect
BU2B2

Gosh what is wrong with Seven Cities of GOld? wtf.gif No offense, but that is a great, all time great RUSH song

Are you asking "What songs do you think they won't play?" or "What songs do you hope they won't play?"

if it's the first:

Wish Them Well

BU2B2

Carnies

Seven Cities

if it's the second:

Wish Them Well

BU2B2

& I could take or leave Halo Effect, but they'll probably play it with the strings

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jun 29 2012, 02:46 PM)

My 3:

Seven Cities
Halo Effect
BU2B2

Gosh what is wrong with Seven Cities of GOld? wtf.gif No offense, but that is a great, all time great RUSH song

Theres nothing wrong with it. One of the best songs on the album. It kicks ass and I want to hear that tune more than any other on CA.

ill play this game, songs not to be played

BU2B2

Halo Effect (love, but with the garden it wont make the set)

Wish them Well

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Jun 29 2012, 03:16 PM)

My 3:

Seven Cities
Halo Effect
BU2B2

Theres nothing wrong with it. One of the best songs on the album. It kicks ass and I want to hear that tune more than any other on CA.

ill play this game, songs not to be played

BU2B2

Halo Effect (love, but with the garden it wont make the set)

Wish them Well

goodpost.gif

Seven Cities seems to be built for playing live, and I'll be very surprised if they don't play it. Really looking forward to it! 1022.gif

I agree with your list, and also think there's a chance they may play either The Anarchist or Carnies but not both. My preference would be Anarchist. 1022.gif

Seven Cities is just "ok" for me. I would hardly call it one of Rush's all time best. It's more towards the bottom of the pack for me

Keep in mind there are 5 songs off the album that are 6:30 or longer. They always struggle to come up with a setlist and have to be economical with how many longer songs they choose.

THe 5 longer ones:

Clockwork Angels-definitely playing

Anarchist-Definitely playing

Headlong Flight-Definitely playing

Seven Cities-Doubt it

The Garden-Definitely playing, based on how much they seem to be proud of this song

I don't think they'll play all 5, so I think Seven Cities will be the odd man out

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Jun 29 2012, 03:09 PM)
I don't really need to hear Caravan/BU2B again, but they'll probably play them

My guess is they won't play 7COG, WTW, BU2B, HE

my guess is since there will be a string section, we're gonna get the whole minute and a half of BU2B2.

My 3:

Seven Cities
Halo Effect
BU2B2

Yes! I hope they play Seven Cities.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jun 29 2012, 04:16 PM)

My 3:

Seven Cities
Halo Effect
BU2B2

Yes! I hope they play Seven Cities.

they will, no doubt about it.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 29 2012, 05:15 PM)
QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Jun 29 2012, 03:09 PM)
I don't really need to hear Caravan/BU2B again, but they'll probably play them

My guess is they won't play 7COG, WTW, BU2B, HE

my guess is since there will be a string section, we're gonna get the whole minute and a half of BU2B2.

Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing. I think there's a very good chance that every song with prominent string parts will get played, including BU2B2 and Halo Effect.

Also, this quote from Neil's CA essay has me thinking that maybe they will play ALL of CA this time out:

That built-to-be-performed quality is clearly evident on all of the songs on Clockwork Angels, too. Like the nineteen albums that have come before, these songs are "Made 2 B Played," again and again for years.

And, if the fates allow, they will be . . .

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/main/CAto...Baxcsvc.blogger

I know some here will hate this and probably sell their tix on Craigslist eyesre4.gif , but I'd be fine with this. It would sure be another first for Rush, playing an entire album first time out AND with a string section. 1287.gif

I think Seven Cities Of Gold has a 50/50 shot of getting played. Geddy hits some pretty high notes on that song and it all depends on weather he's able to pull that off on a nightly basis or not. If it isn't played, I wouldn't be surprised.

As for what I think won't get played:

Halo Effect

BU2B2

Wish The Well

I'm still a bit divided on if they'll play The Garden or not. It just doesn't have that "it will definitley get played live" feel to me. But if they're bringing a string ensemble with them, then there's a good chance it will though.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 29 2012, 02:47 PM)
I want them to play the whole thing live. I hope it happens.

1022.gif

Yeah This! But if I had to choose I would go with:

Wish Them Well

BU2B2

But I rather here the entire work! Like this we wouldn't to here much of it on the R40 tour!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif