43 members have voted

1. 1. Wich do you prefer?

• 1. A Different Kind of Truth
    • 2. Clockwork Angels

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The opening riff to Caravan is better than anything on the new VH. It's a solid album but nothing special and Roth era VH is easily one of the most overrated eras of any band ever. What on the new VH compares to songs like Clockwork Angels, The Anachist, Carnies, Seven Cities Of Gold, The Wreckers and Headlong Flight? There's nothing even close to that on ADKOT. Edited by J2112YYZ

Good question. I honestly don't want to commit. LOL. I love both, quite honestly. Completely different bands/songs/albums, but both excellent additions to each group's catalogue in their own right. And that's a fact. Otherwise it's comparing two fine cuts of meat from different animals. Of course the prog contingent on this board will lean towards the obvious choice, much like a VH forum is going to largely trash Rush.

Anyhow, the TOP TWO albums of MY year so far.

Edited by Presto-digitation

DKOT has about 7 really good songs, which is outstanding considering what that band's been through. But as an overall album, its CA easily.

Down the line, a comparison of CA and the new Pumpkins may be a more apt comparison.

Edited by greg2112

V. H. It sounds like an old vh album, Rush does not. What a shock , rush leads the votes on a Rush site confused13.gif

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jun 24 2012, 05:04 AM)
It's been 17 years since these two titans released albums in the same year...

As of now, I like A.D.K.O.T slightly more..

What did Rush release in 1995?

QUOTE (staunchally @ Jun 25 2012, 03:25 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jun 24 2012, 05:04 AM)
It's been 17 years since these two titans released albums in the same year...

As of now, I like A.D.K.O.T slightly more..

What did Rush release in 1995?

You guys are way too f*ckin serious.. I've been having these type of music discussions since high school.

Sorry for bringing it up.

Anyone who thinks ADKOT is a good Van Halen album is deluding themselves. It's like clapping when your grandad sings one of his old army songs, you clap because you love him not because he is good.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 25 2012, 05:02 PM)
Anyone who thinks ADKOT is a good Van Halen album is deluding themselves. It's like clapping when your grandad sings one of his old army songs, you clap because you love him not because he is good.

I don't know, "Johnny Get Your Gun" is pretty easy to sing and is a classic.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 25 2012, 03:02 PM)

laugh.gif

I think I like this album better than CA. I certainly don't think it's great though...

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 25 2012, 04:02 PM)

Which army songs did your dad sing, ones from the Boer War?

tongue.gif

Yes. Tattoo is embarrassingly bad, and ADKOT can't even compare to CA.

(It's like Van Halen's Superconductor)

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jun 25 2012, 07:29 PM)

Yes. Tattoo is embarrassingly bad, and ADKOT can't even compare to CA.

(It's like Van Halen's Superconductor)

Superconductor kicks ass!