• Carnies
    • Halo Effect
    • Seven Cities of Gold
    • The Wreckers
    • Headlong Flight
    • BU2B2
    • Wish Them Well
    • The Garden

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Jun 24 2012, 12:40 AM)
I'm tied between The Anarchist and Carnies, but Carnies has been stuck in my head a lot lately so that's my vote

I love the mid 80's feel during the 2nd verse.

I also LOVE the line "Sometimes the angels punish us, by answering our prayers"

Not my favorite song on the album this week but one I'm enjoying a lot.

After 11 days of listening to the album almost non-stop, I have no trouble saying that The Anarchist rises far above all the other songs.

The riffs, the melodies, and the vocals are joyously intoxicating..... 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

I'm choosing the 13th song that is currently unreleased called "Bearded Gypsy Rose" it's an instrumental. In the story Rose tries to tempt Owen with her bristly ways and the music is supposed to represent her feverish dance and Owen's stress as sweats under her shadow thinking of a way to escape her clutches...

ph34r.gif

"The Anarchist" for me. I often replay it, it's such a favorite. I've listened to it twice as much as the title track, for example.

Wish Them Well, The Garden, and The Wreckers are up there, too.

I was the guy who started the thread about The Garden maybe being my favorite Rush song ever. However, this album has grown on me so much that for the first time ever I have to say I have to abstain from voting for a favorite song because I love them all so much & I honestly have no favorite song. Daily it switches from Clockwork Angels, to Seven Cities, to The Anarchist, to Headlong Flight, to Carnies, to The Garden, to Halo Effect, to The Wreckers. Sometimes it switches two or three times within a day.

One thing is for sure-- for me Caravan, BU2B and BU2B2 are not in the running. But I absolutely love them too.

I had gone back over all of the prior Rush catalog, and looked at all of the songs on all of the albums, and only 4 had albums I do not ever skip when listening... Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, and A Farewell To Kings. Clockwork Angels I now add to that list. All of those albums I could easily pick a favorite song off of though--the first time I ever heard them to even now. Clockwork Angels I just can't.

Sorry for such a long winded answer. Maybe next week.

Edited by vital signz

It's gotta be The Garden.....I love when a harder band pulls a ballad like this. And man did they come through in spades. Absolutely STUNNING song wub.gif On my first listen to the record I played it 5 times in a row. Can't wait to hear it live.

Mick

Today, and thats cause everyday it seems to change, my favorite song is Seven Cities of Gold. Yesterday it was The Anarchist and on Friday, The Wreckers. So As of Sunday its: 7 cities of Gold.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Overall...BU2B

Of the songs not released previously, will say The Anarchist, but Clockwork Angels is awfully close

Overall, I think the 3 songs already released are in the top 5

1. BU2B

2. The Anarchist

3. Clockwork Angels

4. Caravan

5. Headlong FLight

After these, I would say there is a drop....

Wow, lots of The Anarchist love at this time...

It was my favourite 2 weeks ago LOL... but not now wink.gif. Still kickass though.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 24 2012, 03:45 AM)
I'm choosing the 13th song that is currently unreleased called "Bearded Gypsy Rose" it's an instrumental. In the story Rose tries to tempt Owen with her bristly ways and the music is supposed to represent her feverish dance and Owen's stress as sweats under her shadow thinking of a way to escape her clutches...

ph34r.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

"The Anarchist" is really beginning to grow on me, now that I've played the album 6 or 7 times over the last few days. But then again, that might all change by next Sunday so good is the variety of music on offer here.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 24 2012, 07:33 AM)
TWO votes for BU2B2 already? wtf.gif

I guess the usage of crack cocaine by TRF members is a lot more prevalent than I would have previously thought. unsure.gif

You seem to know a lot about it Goober, perhaps your "research" on the subject is affecting your judgement on things though... wink.gif