Will you check the set list...

Mika

Before treating your ears to live aural Rush pleasures, are you going to sneak a peak at the setlist, or decide to be sonically surprised?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Before treating your ears to live aural Rush pleasures, are you going to sneak a peak at the setlist, or decide to be sonically surprised?

• Yes, I can't help myself, and I need to plan my pee break!
    • No, I like to be pleasantly surprised by everything!

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 19 2012, 02:12 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 19 2012, 02:54 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 19 2012, 01:50 PM)
I never, ever read setlists for Rush shows.

I love to be surprised, I don't take planned pee-breaks during the show, and I don't dislike any songs.

So, absolutely no reason to do so.

Well the only reason I do is that I have two younger ones tagging along to RUSH shows now and I know that the more they know the songs on the set list the more they enjoy the concert. So I'll look at the set list come September and make a Double CD of the set list and play it in my car until November 3rd! I think they'll know it by then. They already know every song on CA so it shouldn't be a stretch!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Yes, I understand that part.

I did the same thing for my little cousin for his first show back on the S&A Tour. I made him a double CD with the setlist in order. He liked it alot.

You have to do what you can, to get this younger generation to raise that RUSH banner. I have to Rush-fans at home now. Which intern are becoming Floyd, Genesis, Jethro Tull and Dream Theater Fans. ELP eludes me.

fists crying.gif

Hey ED are you going to the Tampa show?

confused13.gif

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Jun 19 2012, 05:58 AM)
Nowadays is really difficult to avoid info about setlists wink.gif

Difficult - but not impossible. cool.gif cool.gif

I'm gonna try very hard not to take a peek at the setlist; we all know that a few certain songs are probably gonna be performed.

Kinda funny story here if you wanna keep reading; dating back to the first leg of the 'Snakes' tour. Friends at work knew I was going to the Houston show, so they did their very best to spoil it for me.

They got wind of the setlist and must've made 50 + copies; wall-papering my desk area in our warehouse, my time-card, my delivery paperwork, my work truck, the men's bathroom and my own truck. Thus, I couldn't go anywhere in the shop in the short days leading to the Monday afternoon when I'd leave work and be back that Thursday.

Conversations even included the songs that were gonna be played; yeah, they brought up Digital Man, Mission, Far Cry, The Way the Wind Blows, and etc.

Son of a bitch!

Anyway, as of right now, the only show I'm thinking of trying to see is up in St. Louie. It's very early in the tour and on a Saturday; though, I may miss some of the Saints home game against Kansas City on Sunday.

I have my faves from 'Clockwork' that I hope will make the list...The Wreckers and by all means The Garden.

I usually can't make it opening night, and I am not always able to hold out until my first show. I won't be seeing them until the first Toronto show. We'll see how long I can hold out. I don't take pee or beer breaks, and I generally love every song they play, so it's more of a "can't wait to find out" attitude.

BUT, now that this whole business about a blasted string section has been leaked, I will be more tempted than ever to see the set list.

Trying to keep an open mind about the strings... banghead.gif

I will be very pleased to see it work. I have some serious reservations, though. yes.gif

But, that is for another thread! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jun 19 2012, 11:09 PM)
I usually can't make it opening night, and I am not always able to hold out until my first show. I won't be seeing them until the first Toronto show. We'll see how long I can hold out. I don't take pee or beer breaks, and I generally love every song they play, so it's more of a "can't wait to find out" attitude.

BUT, now that this whole business about a blasted string section has been leaked, I will be more tempted than ever to see the set list.

Trying to keep an open mind about the strings... banghead.gif

I will be very pleased to see it work. I have some serious reservations, though. yes.gif

But, that is for another thread! tongue.gif

I like yer attitude! wink.gif hug2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 19 2012, 07:40 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 19 2012, 02:12 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 19 2012, 02:54 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 19 2012, 01:50 PM)
I never, ever read setlists for Rush shows.

I love to be surprised, I don't take planned pee-breaks during the show, and I don't dislike any songs.

So, absolutely no reason to do so.

Well the only reason I do is that I have two younger ones tagging along to RUSH shows now and I know that the more they know the songs on the set list the more they enjoy the concert. So I'll look at the set list come September and make a Double CD of the set list and play it in my car until November 3rd! I think they'll know it by then. They already know every song on CA so it shouldn't be a stretch!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Yes, I understand that part.

I did the same thing for my little cousin for his first show back on the S&A Tour. I made him a double CD with the setlist in order. He liked it alot.

You have to do what you can, to get this younger generation to raise that RUSH banner. I have to Rush-fans at home now. Which intern are becoming Floyd, Genesis, Jethro Tull and Dream Theater Fans. ELP eludes me.

fists crying.gif

Hey ED are you going to the Tampa show?

confused13.gif

Doubt it...too far for me.

But hey...you never know. Would be fun.

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 19 2012, 10:14 PM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jun 19 2012, 11:09 PM)
I usually can't make it opening night, and I am not always able to hold out until my first show.  I won't be seeing them until the first Toronto show.  We'll see how long I can hold out.  I don't take pee or beer breaks, and I generally love every song they play, so it's more of a "can't wait to find out" attitude.

Trying to keep an open mind about the strings...  banghead.gif 

I will be very pleased to see it work.  I have some serious reservations, though. yes.gif

But, that is for another thread!  tongue.gif

I like yer attitude! wink.gif hug2.gif

And I LOVE you, Kelly D! hug2.gif

I want to remain surprised, though I am seeing them in San Antonio.... NOV 30!! The penultimate show of the North American tour...I dont see myself lasting that long witout caving in and looking.

I tried to resist last 3 tours...can't help it.copy of list always in back pocket. I do not want to miss any new material,or something old that

I never saw live before. 2.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jun 20 2012, 12:45 PM)
I want to remain surprised, though I am seeing them in San Antonio.... NOV 30!! The penultimate show of the North American tour...I dont see myself lasting that long witout caving in and looking.

laugh.gif

Maybe ask the mods to ban you from the start of the tour until December 1?

That way...you're forced to avoid it. confused13.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 18 2012, 10:39 PM)
No peeking for me- I'm going to opening night! 1022.gif

Looking at your list of shows, it's UNBELIEVABLE that your first show was in 2007, and you have become such a huge fan! How did this happen?

QUOTE (MJH @ Jun 20 2012, 01:38 PM)
I tried to resist last 3 tours...can't help it.copy of list always in back pocket. I do not want to miss any new material,or something old that
I never saw live before. 2.gif

...then simply don't leave your seat.

Problem solved. cool.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 18 2012, 10:38 PM)
No pee breaks. I make a play list of the set list and listen to it a few times before the show. I really enjoy listening for all the details during the concert after running through my play list a few times.

I create a playlist of the set to and listen to it to get me more pumped for the show. With the internet now you pretty much have spoilers everywhere about everything, it's just too hard for me now not to take a look at what Rush or any band i'm going to see is playing.

It's going to get harder keeping the blinders over my eyes to avoid any unwanted learnings about the setlist... I may have to start avoiding coming at all shortly before the tour starts so I can remain blissfully unaware! tongue.gif

I can tell you this, looking at the setlist after opening night is either going to make me extremely euphoric or utterly devastated depending on the inclusion or lack of one "Losing It". However, things are looking up right now.

yes.gif unsure.gif yes.gif

Edited by losingit2k