The Title Track

Albone2112

I don't hear Astronomy Domine, but I do hear the similarity to One of These Days now that you mention it.

And then when the heavy guitar comes in at :32, I totally hear Surrender by Cheap Trick.

I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan, especially early Floyd, and I never noticed any similarity to Astronomy Domine or One of These Days or any Floyd song while listening to Clockwork Angels. It's a fantastic song, that's for sure, but I'm not hearing echoes ( wink.gif ) of any other group in there. no.gif

QUOTE (XXXB0BXXX @ Jun 16 2012, 01:48 PM)
I don't know, but does anyone else hear parts of Hemispheres in it? The clean guitar part sounds familiar.

Yup, I know what you mean.....Similar bright tone and texture to the moog sound and open chord resonance as in Hemispheres.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 17 2012, 11:14 AM)
I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan, especially early Floyd, and I never noticed any similarity to Astronomy Domine or One of These Days or any Floyd song while listening to Clockwork Angels.  It's a fantastic song, that's for sure, but I'm not hearing echoes ( wink.gif ) of any other group in there. no.gif
Like rushgoober, I'm a huge Floyd fan, but just don't hear it here.

For some reason, at the beginning, I hear a cross between Peaceable Kingdom and the Battlestar Galactica (2004) theme (the vedic om theme). A wave toward the clearing sky...as if to fly (?) .... known as Earth (?)....

And as though that wasn't strange enough, I hear a shadow of Alex's Analog Kid solo at the end of Alex's Headlong Flight solo. Very cool.