CA projected to sell 85K - 95K 1st week

zappafrank

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 16 2012, 07:35 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 15 2012, 09:27 PM)
She... is not attractive at all...

I disagree with this part of your post. I think she's a cutie, and has sex appeal. She's got something.

Whew, glad I'm not the only one haha. Was starting to think I was the only one who thought she had sex appeal.

Annnyways, I like Adele. No reason to get on her case. That being said, I don't really give two shats if she's sold over half of Rush's total album sales. Makes no difference to me. It's a moot point considering both artists have talent.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the hell brought a discussion about Adele into this thread?

I've read that she's kinda cocky, smokes a pack a day and drinks shitty beer. But like others said, she's not a talentless ho, so that's deserving of respect

Anyways, anyone have any numbers on how many copies of CA have sold already?

http://greenobles.com/data_images/adele/adele-04.jpg

guys, please....sex appeal? are you blind???

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/images/smilies/SHOCKED.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 16 2012, 05:23 PM)
http://greenobles.com/data_images/adele/adele-04.jpg

guys, please....sex appeal? are you blind???

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/images/smilies/SHOCKED.gif

http://res.mindbodygreen.com/img/ftr/adele-music.png

Her pics sure do need a lot of touching up to achieve sex appeal

Edited by SchemingDemon

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 15 2012, 10:19 PM)
Im not all up her ass or anything. My girlfriend loves her and I have a lot of respect for her after that documentary I saw on her and found out she writes all the music on top of her great voice.

Kind of like this song of hers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBcMKwbMEcQ

Wow. I actually just listened to that song to see what this chick sounds like, as I have been hearing about her for a while now, but have never heard her music. I must say that your selection isn't changing any minds about her over here. This sounds like generic pop drivel IMO. I listen to all types of music including female singer songwriter type stuff, but this just isn't very interesting or listenable to me. I don't know how people keep talking about this Adele person like "oh my god she writes her own songs!" A lot of people write their own songs... *ahem* 2.gif

QUOTE (metallithrax @ Jun 16 2012, 04:59 PM)
Well, i'm from the UK, and cannot stand Adele. Maybe it's because I hear her stuff too often, but it is too whiny and dreary for me.

Yes, she has talent, but her music will not last as long as some of the all time greats.

same here completely.

There's nothing that pops out to me when it comes to Adele - she just sounds like a typical pop singer-songwriter with a blues influence. I think she's definitely a cut above all that techno-hiphop-pop-fusion stuff, but she's still not my cup of tea. She's a good singer. Critics are going gaga over her anyway (and the awards just keep piling up for her) - it's not like she's struggling for acclaim like Rush were in the 70s. Edited by Deckiller

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/re...007345552.story

Rush's first studio album in five years, "Clockwork Angels," could start at No. 2 next week. The set, its debut for Anthem/Roadrunner Records, may move near 90,000 copies. "Clockwork Angels" may end up the band's highest charting release since 1993's "Counterparts" debuted and peaked at No. 2. The act -- which has been charting since the 1970s -- has yet to claim a No. 1

Nielsen SoundScan Building Chart

Rank LW

BB 200 Artist Title

1 NEW Usher "Looking 4 Myself"

2 NEW Rush "Clockwork Angels"

3 NEW Ed Sheeran "+"

4 1 Adele "21"

5 NEW Josh Turner "Punching Bag"

6 4 One Direction "Up All Night"

7 NEW Waka Flocka Flame "Triple F Life"

8 2 Alan Jackson "Thirty Miles West"

9 NEW Kid Ink "Up & Away"

10 11 Luke Bryan "Tailgates & Tanlines"

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jun 16 2012, 10:01 PM)
http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/re...007345552.story

Rush's first studio album in five years, "Clockwork Angels," could start at No. 2 next week. The set, its debut for Anthem/Roadrunner Records, may move near 90,000 copies. "Clockwork Angels" may end up the band's highest charting release since 1993's "Counterparts" debuted and peaked at No. 2. The act -- which has been charting since the 1970s -- has yet to claim a No. 1

Nielsen SoundScan Building Chart
Rank LW
BB 200 Artist Title
1 NEW Usher "Looking 4 Myself"
2 NEW Rush "Clockwork Angels"
3 NEW Ed Sheeran "+"
4 1 Adele "21"
5 NEW Josh Turner "Punching Bag"
6 4 One Direction "Up All Night"
7 NEW Waka Flocka Flame "Triple F Life"
8 2 Alan Jackson "Thirty Miles West"
9 NEW Kid Ink "Up & Away"
10 11 Luke Bryan "Tailgates & Tanlines"

Who is Ed Sheeran? confused13.gif

Holy crap. Rush is my favorite band of all time, and I love Clockwork Angels. But, you guys talking smack about Adele - wtf?

If you've heard of her, and you think she's just another pop singer, you've lost your mind. The whole album was practically recorded with just a piano and Adele, occasionally adding drums / bass. The entire album is carried on the weight of her voice. It's fantastic. I would absolutely choose Rush over Adele to listen to, but to limit yourself and not recognize the brilliance of 21 is incredibly small minded. Yes, "Someone Like You" has been over-played. But, the yearning and raw emotion captured in that performance is remarkable.

If you haven't heard of her, that is stunning, and I highly recommend you expand your listening limitations. I honestly don't know how you can exist in the world in the past year and a half, and not have heard of Adele. Seriously. She did not hold the top spot for so long because it's bubble gum pop Britney Spears teenage buying frenzy. She's the real deal.

QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Jun 16 2012, 06:13 PM)

I disagree with this part of your post. I think she's a cutie, and has sex appeal. She's got something.

Whew, glad I'm not the only one haha. Was starting to think I was the only one who thought she had sex appeal.

Annnyways, I like Adele. No reason to get on her case. That being said, I don't really give two shats if she's sold over half of Rush's total album sales. Makes no difference to me. It's a moot point considering both artists have talent.

http://www.picgifs.com/celebrities/a/adele/celebrities-adele-859168.jpg

Oh yeah....she's haut!

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Jun 16 2012, 10:35 PM)
Holy crap.  Rush is my favorite band of all time, and I love Clockwork Angels.  But, you guys talking smack about Adele - wtf?

If you've heard of her, and you think she's just another pop singer, you've lost your mind.  The whole album was practically recorded with just a piano and Adele, occasionally adding drums / bass.  The entire album is carried on the weight of her voice.  It's fantastic.  I would absolutely choose Rush over Adele to listen to, but to limit yourself and not recognize the brilliance of 21 is incredibly small minded.  Yes, "Someone Like You" has been over-played.  But, the yearning and raw emotion captured in that performance is remarkable.

If you haven't heard of her, that is stunning, and I highly recommend you expand your listening limitations.  I honestly don't know how you can exist in the world in the past year and a half, and not have heard of Adele.  Seriously.  She did not hold the top spot for so long because it's bubble gum pop Britney Spears teenage buying frenzy.  She's the real deal.

I dunno. People will like different things. She's a good singer; I don't think anyone is denying that. She's not my cup of tea, just like bluegrass music isn't my cup of tea. That vocal style isn't for me. But like I said, I can tolerate her far more than anything else on the radio today.

(Dear God, if I have to hear that Scorpions ripoff song "We Are Young" again I will start smashing things.)

Edited by Deckiller

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 15 2012, 07:27 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 15 2012, 09:14 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 15 2012, 09:21 PM)
Um, its not real wise to take a shot at her.

Why, has she got a mafia that's gonna kill us or something? sarcasm.gif

No, I mean shes very successful and greatly respected. Taking shots at her just makes you look ignorant and jealous.

She isnt some industry tool like Justin Bieber. Shes been singing and writing her whole life, is not attractive at all, and somehow managed to sell more with 1 album than Rush did from their beginning all the way through their peak of popularity. That deserves respect in my book.

Im not even a fan of hers but I have a huge amount of respect after seeing a documentary on TV about her. She's the type of artist that will go on to do a lot of different styles of music for many years, like Rush. She isnt a band herself, but she plays instruments, writes all the music and some decent lyrics and can sing her ass off.

Hahahaha!! Some of these newbie fanbois are hilarious!!!

What a joke!! I remember when Adele was selling more copies than the new Van Halen record!!

Who gives a shit!! That's a very solid number for our boys!!

I am sure it will outsell "Snakes & Arrows."

Any takers?

QUOTE (vital signz @ Jun 16 2012, 08:45 PM)

Oh yeah....she's haut!

Oh yeah baby! She's a BRAT! I mean NOT!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Adele I can cope with,my wife is always playing the CD.But it will probably be a one off mega seller like Alanis Morrisette and Nora Jones. We are Rush fans, we know Clockwork Angels will debut at No 2 then be No 62 the following week bar a sudden miracle when the mainstream morons who buy all the crap in the Billboard 200 suddenly decide to like Rush. I can't believe that people are still buying Bob Seger,Journey or CCR records, that's if you can trust the charts.

But I rather think Rush have influenced a few more people than Adele has or will.

QUOTE (ScottT67 @ Jun 17 2012, 12:01 AM)
As of Midnight Saturday, they are projecting the highest chart placement for a Rush album release in nearly 20 years!

HOW BOUT THEM APPLES!!! smile.gif

How about them "Aidell's" chicken apple sausages!!

laugh.gif

I was serious about the brats!!

Aidell's makes some yummy sausages. Adele must be related to the company somehow.

http://www.aidells.com/

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Today's culture places way too much value on a singer because of shows like American Idol. Yes of course a singer is important but I think most people don't realize the amount of work it takes to master an instrument. Ever heard of the 10,000 hour rule? If not look it up. Most singers probably don't do a tenth of the work. Edited by presto123

QUOTE (vital signz @ Jun 16 2012, 10:45 PM)

Oh yeah....she's haut!

Is that even her??

Interesting: you had to find the most unattractive photo of her, a pic which doesn't even look like her and is not indicative of her appearance at all, in order to counter what I said and make your little "she's ugly" point.

Good job. eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 17 2012, 04:22 AM)
Today's culture places way too much value on a singer because of shows like American Idol. Yes of course a singer is important but I think most people don't realize the amount of work it takes to master an instrument. Ever heard of the 10,000 hour rule? If not look it up. Most singers probably don't do a tenth of the work.

This.... yes.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 17 2012, 05:22 AM)
Today's culture places way too much value on a singer because of shows like American Idol. Yes of course a singer is important but I think most people don't realize the amount of work it takes to master an instrument. Ever heard of the 10,000 hour rule? If not look it up. Most singers probably don't do a tenth of the work.

goodpost.gif

Rush I care a lot about.

Adele I couldn't care less about.

It's sad to all the close minded comments in this thread.

Adele is a legitimate talent. Not everyone wants to hear Prog rock styled music.

Just because she happens to be popular doesn't mean she isn't a real artist. She is as far Away from a Kate perry type as you can get.