Sick of the circlejerk around here.

Alchemical

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 14 2012, 12:21 PM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Jun 14 2012, 11:10 AM)
QUOTE (Alchemical @ Jun 13 2012, 10:21 PM)
You know you've stumbled upon a circlejerk online when one cannot even express his opinion that may differ from the norm without being lambasted as a dissenter (Read: Troll), or not a "real" RUSH fan. Look, we all dig RUSH, that's why we're here right? But, believe it or not, some of us on here DON'T like the album, and what's so wrong with that? Not everyone is bound to orgasm over CA. Me personally? I dig it but I'm not completely blown away. I've given it six listens and it's adequate, even very good, but it's not a masterpiece in my opinion. IN. MY. OPINION. Got that?

I'm just sick of the diminutive minority on here who have legit reason to dislike the album getting shut down by boisterous fanboyism. Let people hold their opinions, kay? I don't see how it is personally affecting you.

Right - everyone who likes the album is a fanboi, but dissenters like you who only marginally like it are not fanbois at all. You are just super cool and aloof and don't care, with the exception of starting threads for the purpose of weeping openly over the stifling of your right to free expression about how much you don't like a new Rush album?

Give me a f***ing break.

Yeah, hand him a Kleenex..... laugh.gif

For the circle jerk?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (eshine @ Jun 14 2012, 12:10 PM)
You know you've stumbled upon a circlejerk online when one cannot even express his opinion that may differ from the norm without being lambasted as a dissenter (Read: Troll), or not a "real" RUSH fan. Look, we all dig RUSH, that's why we're here right? But, believe it or not, some of us on here DON'T like the album, and what's so wrong with that? Not everyone is bound to orgasm over CA. Me personally? I dig it but I'm not completely blown away. I've given it six listens and it's adequate, even very good, but it's not a masterpiece in my opinion. IN. MY. OPINION. Got that?

I'm just sick of the diminutive minority on here who have legit reason to dislike the album getting shut down by boisterous fanboyism. Let people hold their opinions, kay? I don't see how it is personally affecting you.

Right - everyone who likes the album is a fanboi, but dissenters like you who only marginally like it are not fanbois at all. You are just super cool and aloof and don't care, with the exception of starting threads for the purpose of weeping openly over the stifling of your right to free expression about how much you don't like a new Rush album?

Give me a f***ing break.

Well that was a hoot.

Frankly, you can like the CD quite a bit and still find fault, but apparently finding that fault puts you into troll-land or non-Rushfandom from those in the circlejerk.

QUOTE (marblesmike @ Jun 14 2012, 11:26 AM)
QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 14 2012, 12:21 PM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Jun 14 2012, 11:10 AM)

Give me a f***ing break.

Yeah, hand him a Kleenex..... laugh.gif

For the circle jerk?

No for the thread starter..... laugh.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 14 2012, 12:30 PM)

Give me a f***ing break.

Well that was a hoot.

Frankly, you can like the CD quite a bit and still find fault, but apparently finding that fault puts you into troll-land or non-Rushfandom from those in the circlejerk.

laugh.gif

I feel like I have to hand in my fanboi card after all these years... unsure.gif

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Jun 13 2012, 08:21 PM)
You know you've stumbled upon a circlejerk online when one cannot even express his opinion that may differ from the norm without being lambasted as a dissenter (Read: Troll), or not a "real" RUSH fan.

You forget where you are, my friend.

What has me puzzled are the people who take it so PERSONALLY.

Unless your name is Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, or Neil Peart, or you had some direct involvement in the engineering and production, you don't really have a reason to be so offended that - gasp - someone has a criticism.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 14 2012, 11:42 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 14 2012, 12:30 PM)

Give me a f***ing break.

Well that was a hoot.

laugh.gif

I feel like I have to hand in my fanboi card after all these years... unsure.gif

Don't do it man! Its all down hill from there.

no.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Jun 14 2012, 12:14 PM)
This album is the best album ever recorded by Rush...

Except when Snakes and Arrows came out (then it was the best album ever recorded by Rush).

Actually the next album will be the best RUSH album ever!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 14 2012, 01:29 PM)

Except when Snakes and Arrows came out (then it was the best album ever recorded by Rush).

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Nah, the mix will be muddy.

unsure.gif

Mike....Wot fish?!!?

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 14 2012, 01:32 PM)

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

unsure.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 14 2012, 12:39 PM)

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

unsure.gif

laugh.gif

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 14 2012, 01:43 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 14 2012, 12:39 PM)

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

unsure.gif

laugh.gif

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

The artwork will be shiddy...

I have to say I'm disappointed with this album. I've listened to it a handful of times now and I can't get into it. It's a great piece of work, just not one of my fav. S&A and Vapor Trails were incredible. But somehow this album lacks something.

I found myself putting this cd away, and pulling out Hemispheres and Caress of Steel. Perhaps it'll sound different in a few weeks. For now, not something I'm dying to listen to when I have a moment to relax.

QUOTE (SignofEth @ Jun 14 2012, 01:01 PM)
I have to say I'm disappointed with this album. I've listened to it a handful of times now and I can't get into it. It's a great piece of work, just not one of my fav. S&A and Vapor Trails were incredible. But somehow this album lacks something.

I found myself putting this cd away, and pulling out Hemispheres and Caress of Steel. Perhaps it'll sound different in a few weeks. For now, not something I'm dying to listen to when I have a moment to relax.

Give it a few more listens, the album needs to grow on you! Then if you still feel that way use it as a coaster!

1287.gif common001.gif icon_alienjig.gif common001.gif 1287.gif

QUOTE (SignofEth @ Jun 14 2012, 02:01 PM)

Note to everyone who is confused on the topic.....this is NOT a troll.

Now that we've cleared that up.......

I hope you grow to like the album as I have. I see Rush as putting a lot of hard work into this album, as it really moves me at certain points. And it's growing on me.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 14 2012, 02:14 PM)
QUOTE (SignofEth @ Jun 14 2012, 02:01 PM)
I have to say I'm disappointed with this album.  I've listened to it a handful of times now and I can't get into it.  It's a great piece of work, just not one of my fav.  S&A and Vapor Trails were incredible.  But somehow this album lacks something. 

I found myself putting this cd away, and pulling out Hemispheres and Caress of Steel.  Perhaps it'll sound different in a few weeks.  For now, not something I'm dying to listen to when I have a moment to relax.

Note to everyone who is confused on the topic.....this is NOT a troll.

Now that we've cleared that up.......

I hope you grow to like the album as I have. I see Rush as putting a lot of hard work into this album, as it really moves me at certain points. And it's growing on me.

laugh.gif

You don't have to convince me. It's others that you need to convince. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (SignofEth @ Jun 14 2012, 01:01 PM)

Whats funny about me is after the first listen I was all excited. Once I digested it though it sunk in that I just dont think its very good.

I didnt love VT or S&A though, and this just sounds like an extension of them, which is not a good thing for me at all. I feel like the song writing now is very generic and lazy with many stock chord progressions, lame vocal melodies and just not nearly as adventurous as they were when they were at their peak.

So I went the opposite route. Liked it at first, let it sink in, now I think its pretty lame.

Fanbois deserve to engage in a big circle jerk around this album. It's excellent, better then any of us really expected - and a giant middle finger to all the naysayers who have been ripping Rush to shreds on this and other boards for the last decade.

Seems like the biggest criticism of this new album is that it isn't the best thing they have ever done and a life changing experience lol

QUOTE (eshine @ Jun 14 2012, 02:19 PM)
Fanbois deserve to engage in a big circle jerk around this album. It's excellent, better then any of us really expected - and a giant middle finger to all the naysayers who have been ripping Rush to shreds on this and other boards for the last decade.

Incoming in 5....4...3...2...

QUOTE (eshine @ Jun 14 2012, 02:19 PM)

Seems like the biggest criticism of this new album is that it isn't the best thing they have ever done and a life changing experience lol

huh.gif

I haven't seen too many bashers. no.gif