What's that sound?

losingit2k

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only know of one troll around here.

Trenken is innocent! Not a troll at all. He has honest, well thought out and expressed opinions that are just as valid as anybody else's.

I wish that we had more "trolls" like him around here.

QUOTE (Dscrapre @ Jun 12 2012, 11:04 PM)
I only know of one troll around here.

Trenken is innocent! Not a troll at all. He has honest, well thought out and expressed opinions that are just as valid as anybody else's.

I wish that we had more "trolls" like him around here.

By all means, If the shoe fits wear it!

sarcasm.gif

It seems like there are a lot topics and discussions talking about trolls and such as apposed to the new album and such.

BTW I think Clockwork Angels is awesome! I'm liking the whole sound and vibe off the album.

QUOTE (BigBob @ Jun 13 2012, 07:43 AM)
It seems like there are a lot topics and discussions talking about trolls and such as apposed to the new album and such.

BTW I think Clockwork Angels is awesome! I'm liking the whole sound and vibe off the album.

Its an extremely great album! I just gave the trolls a place to congregate and they flocked here like a bunch a near sighted flies to a zapper! You think they would have avoided this thread like the plague, but nope. I guess they just couldn't help themselves! They are so predictable and all their arguements are falling on def ears with Clockwork Angels. They don't have a leg to stand on 'Cause we know it awesome! There's no bringing down, tearing up or systematic destruction of this valient effort by the guys!

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 13 2012, 07:52 AM)

Its an extremely great album! I just gave the trolls a place to congregate and they flocked here like flies to a zapper! You think they would have avoided this thread like the plague, but nope. I guess they just couldn't help themselves! They are so predictable and all their arguements are falling on def ears with Clockwork Angles. Cause we know it awesome! There's no bringing down or systematic destruction of this valient effort by the guys!

Dude, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the new album. But you're being kind of an asshole to people who simply have a different opinion than you. You are labeling people as trolls who aren't. That ain't cool.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 13 2012, 08:55 AM)

Its an extremely great album! I just gave the trolls a place to congregate and they flocked here like flies to a zapper! You think they would have avoided this thread like the plague, but nope. I guess they just couldn't help themselves! They are so predictable and all their arguements are falling on def ears with Clockwork Angles. Cause we know it awesome! There's no bringing down or systematic destruction of this valient effort by the guys!

Dude, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the new album. But you're being kind of an asshole to people who simply have a different opinion than you. You are labeling people as trolls who aren't. That ain't cool.

goodpost.gif

(How fanboi can you get?)

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jun 12 2012, 10:12 AM)

You should change your name to "LostIt2k".

rofl3.gif

A funny from TRF's most reliable troll.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 13 2012, 07:55 AM)

I haven't labeled anyone or called them an @sswhole. They have done it to themselves by attempting to bring down one of rush's best efforts since the early 80's. This only tells me only one thing, they are out to neglect or destroy anything the boys have produced as of late. I saw it with S & A and now with Clockwork Angels. They come out in droves when ever there's a new album. Why? I really don't know and honestly I don't care! All I know is that this is an extremely great RUSH album and I will defend it with all my heart and soul! I do care about contrasting points of views if they're valid. But when you come out with terms like dreadful, meandering, garbage, boring, uninspiring concerning this incredible album upon its release, then I do feel there's something rotten with the whole thing. So if you want to call me an A-whole for that, than so be it!

I Wish you Well!

bekloppt.gif

random TRFer who doesn't like CA that much: Don't get me wrong, Clockwork Angels has some great moments but I'm just not that moved by it.

losingit2k:

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2011/06/22/1226080/224528-covering-ears.jpg

I can't hear you! I can't hear you troll! Troll! Troll!

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 13 2012, 08:33 AM)
random TRFer who doesn't like CA that much: Don't get me wrong, Clockwork Angels has some great moments but I'm just not that moved by it.

losingit2k:
http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2011/06/22/1226080/224528-covering-ears.jpg
I can't hear you! I can't hear you troll! Troll! Troll!

rofl3.gif trink39.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 13 2012, 09:14 AM)

I haven't labeled anyone or called them an @sswhole. They have done it to themselves by attempting to bring down one of rush's best efforts since the early 80's. This only tells me only one thing, they are out to neglect or destroy anything the boys have produced as of late. I saw it with S & A and now with Clockwork Angels. They come out in droves when ever there's a new album. Why? I really don't know and honestly I don't care! All I know is that this is an extremely great RUSH album and I will defend it with all my heart and soul! I do care about contrasting points of views if they're valid. But when you come out with terms like dreadful, meandering, garbage, boring, uninspiring concerning this incredible album upon its release, then I do feel there's something rotten with the whole thing. So if you want to call me an A-whole for that, than so be it!

I Wish you Well!

bekloppt.gif

Dude...see, you did it again:

I haven't labeled anyone or called them an @sswhole. They have done it to themselves by attempting to bring down one of rush's best efforts since the early 80's.

Really? So, if you're not a fan of one album, then you're an 'asshole'?Again, YOU might think this way. It's great that you love CA that much. I'm happy for you. Hell, I'm loving CA a ton too. It's awesome...haven't been able to stop listening to it.

But with every album, especially new ones, it's possible that others won't share the same opinion. I'm a huge fan of S&A, and I've seen others shit all over it. To be honest, even as a fan, I can see why some might not like it as much. It's mellow in many spots...it's different. I LOVE songs like Neurotica and Virtuality that get absolutely shit on all the freakin' time. I'm not going to fists crying.gif about it...or label all of you 'trolls'.

I'm not trying to bring anybody back into this, or defending anyone, but I've seen Trenken himself confirm that he was enjoying this album, and I believe he even stated that it was one of their best albums since the late 80's. So what if he doesn't think Ged's voice is holding up? Big deal.

There are in fact, obvious trolls on message boards. I remember seeing them come out in flocks during the S&A release...but not everyone who simply doesn't love every second of CA should be considered a 'troll'. That's an unfair assessment in my eyes.

As Rush fans, I'd think we are better than that IMO.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 13 2012, 08:45 AM)

I Wish you Well!

bekloppt.gif

I haven't labeled anyone or called them an @sswhole. They have done it to themselves by attempting to bring down one of rush's best efforts since the early 80's.

Really? So, if you're not a fan of one album, then you're an 'asshole'?Again, YOU might think this way. It's great that you love CA that much. I'm happy for you. Hell, I'm loving CA a ton too. It's awesome...haven't been able to stop listening to it.

But with every album, especially new ones, it's possible that others won't share the same opinion. I'm a huge fan of S&A, and I've seen others shit all over it. To be honest, even as a fan, I can see why some might not like it as much. It's mellow in many spots...it's different. I LOVE songs like Neurotica and Virtuality that get absolutely shit on all the freakin' time. I'm not going to fists crying.gif about it...or label all of you 'trolls'.

I'm not trying to bring anybody back into this, or defending anyone, but I've seen Trenken himself confirm that he was enjoying this album, and I believe he even stated that it was one of their best albums since the late 80's. So what if he doesn't think Ged's voice is holding up? Big deal.

There are in fact, obvious trolls on message boards. I remember seeing them come out in flocks during the S&A release...but not everyone who simply doesn't love every second of CA should be considered a 'troll'. That's an unfair assessment in my eyes.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 13 2012, 08:50 AM)

I Wish you Well!

bekloppt.gif

goodpost.gif

yes.gif

Glad I wasn't the only one that felt like that, I stopped coming into this subforum because I simply couldn't take the "Rah Rah" BS anymore. Let people have their own opinions.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 13 2012, 09:54 AM)
QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 13 2012, 08:50 AM)

I Wish you Well!

bekloppt.gif

goodpost.gif

yes.gif

Glad I wasn't the only one that felt like that, I stopped coming into this subforum because I simply couldn't take the "Rah Rah" BS anymore. Let people have their own opinions.

Rah rah! I agree with you.

This is what I said to LosingIt2k in the Grundman thread:

While I admire your enthusiasm (I don't think I've ever seen anyone use exclamation points as vigorously as you do!!!!!!!!) you need to realize that some people try to be objective, even about their favorite bands. I love Rush, I have all their albums, dvds, blu-rays, etc, and have seen them more times than any other band. However, I'm allowed to be disappointed with a FACET of their new album. It doesn't make me any less of a fan than you.

I love the material, and think it is the most consistent effort they've done in years, which makes it even more disappointing to me that the sound quality of this album isn't up to par with some of the 80s output. This is a legitimate gripe, and it has the numbers and algorithms behind it to support it. It deserves to be better. With that being said, if you like the way it sounds and don't have any complaints, then great, I'm happy for you and slightly envious that you haven't been cursed with ears as sensitive as mine. But don't belittle me and others who want to objectively discuss something. You're entitled to your opinion that CA sounds great, and I'm entitled to mine.

If this is being a troll, then so be, I'll sit under my bridge and be a troll.

Oh, and to be honest, I think most people who are less than happy with the sonics of CA have said they love the material. So I don't know why some people are getting their thongs all up in a bunch.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 13 2012, 09:54 AM)

My sentiment as well.

I Wish you Well!

bekloppt.gif

No you haven't, called anyone an @sswhole but MerelySpace did! So if you want to stick your neck out for him go right ahead!

cool.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 12 2012, 09:52 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jun 12 2012, 07:09 PM)
I'm a troll because my standards are too high?

Not so sure it's your standards that are high. cool10.gif

I think its safe to say that most who deem CA to be "brilliant" are certainly high.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jun 13 2012, 10:23 AM)

I think its safe to say that most who deem CA to be "brilliant" are certainly high.

which tunes do you like on ca?

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jun 13 2012, 10:23 AM)

On life Sir, High on life and perhaps on the majesty of Clockwork Angels!

applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jun 13 2012, 11:23 AM)

You seem to have an opinion. God forbid anyone else does. wink.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 13 2012, 10:29 AM)

Heaven forbid you actually love Clockwork Angels!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 13 2012, 11:35 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 13 2012, 10:29 AM)

Heaven forbid you actually love Clockwork Angels!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Quit bending over for the release.