What's that sound?

losingit2k

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 14 2012, 09:52 AM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jun 14 2012, 09:47 AM)
Troll labeller = one who can't accept an opposing view and counter it with an intelligent response

Exactly.

I totally understand little 16 year old douchebags acting like this on the internet. Many kids are assholes at that age, but really, there are Rush fans like losingit2k running around calling people trolls just because they dont like the same thing as him? That's embarrassing to even be a fan of the same band if they have fans like this.

I grew up always thinking their fans were smarter and more mature than most other bands, but the fact is they're no different than the meathead jocks that listen to Blink 182 and call everyone trolls that dont love that band. Same exact thing.

I guess you've been labeled a Troll at the Blink 182 site as well.

rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif z7shysterical.gif

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 14 2012, 10:05 AM)
Troll labeller = one who can't accept an opposing view and counter it with an intelligent response

Exactly.

I totally understand little 16 year old douchebags acting like this on the internet. Many kids are assholes at that age, but really, there are Rush fans like losingit2k running around calling people trolls just because they dont like the same thing as him? That's embarrassing to even be a fan of the same band if they have fans like this.

I grew up always thinking their fans were smarter and more mature than most other bands, but the fact is they're no different than the meathead jocks that listen to Blink 182 and call everyone trolls that dont love that band. Same exact thing.

Birds of a feather flock together. Or in this case, take dumps on our rides from the same tree branch. Trenken, you're actually more obnoxious than your buddy GR, and he's a certified troll. You are a catagory unto yourself. Wish you both well though. smile.gif

yes.gif applaudit.gif

Some of you guys claim we all act like douchebags, when in fact, you're the one acting like one in the same breath that you're claiming we do. Typical projection...classic.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 14 2012, 10:11 AM)

Exactly.

Ive never been to one. I know a few people that like them, and know how they react when you tell them you dont like them. They react just like you do instead of saying, "hey thats ok man, you dont have to like them".

Instead people like you make topics about trolls, which is actually a trolling topic. Tell me, what was the purpose of this topic other than to start a fight? Rush fans are no different than Blink 182 fans. Both bands have their share of ignorant asshole fans.

Edited by trenken

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 14 2012, 11:05 AM)

Exactly.

Birds of a feather flock together. Or in this case, take dumps on our rides from the same tree branch. Trenken, you're actually more obnoxious than your buddy GR, and he's a certified troll. You are a catagory unto yourself. Wish you both well though. smile.gif

I dunno...I disagree.

Trenken usually expands on his statements and gives reasoning (whether people agree or disagree).

To me, a "troll" is someone who just simply spews out negativity for the sake of riling up people. They give no explanation or reasoning behind their thoughts.

The only exception to rule of negative one-liners is Tony R...because he's hilarious. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 14 2012, 11:13 AM)

Exactly.

yes.gif applaudit.gif

Some of you guys claim we all act like douchebags, when in fact, you're the one acting like one in the same breath that you're claiming we do. Typical projection...classic.

Not just douchebags.....16-YEAR-OLD douchebags. eyesre4.gif

But at least you guys are consistent. You should know that posters like you are a dime a dozen and I've seen them on every big message board that I have ever frequented in my 10 years of being on message boards.

So while you project to us how special you are, in reality you're quite common and ordinary. Most of us see right through your act.

As an aside, wouldn't a 16-year-old douchebag be kinda gross? sad.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 14 2012, 10:19 AM)
QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 14 2012, 11:13 AM)

Exactly.

yes.gif applaudit.gif

Not just douchebags.....16-YEAR-OLD douchebags. eyesre4.gif

But at least you guys are consistent. You should know that posters like you are a dime a dozen and I've seen them on every big message board that I have ever frequented in my 10 years of being on message boards.

So while you project to us how special you are, in reality you're quite common and ordinary. Most of us see right through your act.

As an aside, wouldn't a 16-year-old douchebag be kinda gross? sad.gif

trenken has some opinions that seem to rile up a lot of fans, but he doesnt come across as trollish.

You seem to be getting more wound up than anybody here...who gives a shit?...Why you getting so pissed?..

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 14 2012, 10:17 AM)

Exactly.

I dunno...I disagree.

Trenken usually expands on his statements and gives reasoning (whether people agree or disagree).

To me, a "troll" is someone who just simply spews out negativity for the sake of riling up people. They give no explanation or reasoning behind their thoughts.

The only exception to rule of negative one-liners is Tony R...because he's hilarious. laugh.gif

I never called trenken a troll. Obnoxious yes. In a catagory unto himself yes. Troll, nah. GR is straight up troll. trenken is not that. He's... in a catagory unto himself. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jun 14 2012, 11:24 AM)
trenken has some opinions that seem to rile up a lot of fans, but he doesnt come across as trollish.

You seem to be getting more wound up than anybody here...who gives a shit?...Why you getting so pissed?..

Most riled up = losingit2k. Not me.

Others have said it best....you cannot seriously come to a RUSH FAN SITE and drop a load of crap about the new album, which we're all in a honeymoon phase with, and not expect to be labeled a troll.

You just can't. Not in that context.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 14 2012, 10:28 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jun 14 2012, 11:24 AM)
trenken  has some opinions that seem to rile up a lot of fans, but he doesnt come across as trollish.

Most riled up = losingit2k. Not me.

Others have said it best....you cannot seriously come to a RUSH FAN SITE and drop a load of crap about the new album, which we're all in a honeymoon phase with, and not expect to be labeled a troll.

You just can't. Not in that context.

Drop a load of crap?.But thats HIS OPINION! I myself find the album a bit muddy as well. I'm enjoying it for the most part, but it does have its flaws.

Are we all supposed to gush over it because of the " honeymoon phase "..ridiculous..

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 14 2012, 10:16 AM)

Exactly.

Ive never been to one. I know a few people that like them, and know how they react when you tell them you dont like them. They react just like you do instead of saying, "hey thats ok man, you dont have to like them".

Instead people like you make topics about trolls, which is actually a trolling topic. Tell me, what was the purpose of this topic other than to start a fight? Rush fans are no different than Blink 182 fans. Both bands have their share of ignorant asshole fans.

Really? Do you eat with those fingers? Is that the best you can do? Resort to profanity (Douchebag, @sshole)? Come on Trenken you can do better! We've seen how you badmouth 2.gif at every instant in the latter part of their career. We know you have it in you! This is substandard for you. We have you in such high esteem when it comes to trolling. Do you know, there are pictures of you on every sports fishing vessel down here in Florida? We admire your trolling prowess this much, just as they do over at the Blink 182 site. Yeah, you can blame it on your friends, but we know the truth. Just the fact that you like Blink 182 tells me how much of an insignifcant waste of time you are on a RUSH site. Blink 182 has the musical importance of a tick on a dog's @ss. Regardless, if you are so embarrassed to be a 2.gif fan than go take flying leap of a tall building. I'm sure the sound you make when you hit the pavement will sound better than what you have descibed 2.gif sounding throughout the past 30 years!

I Wish you Well!

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 14 2012, 09:24 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 14 2012, 10:17 AM)

Exactly.

I dunno...I disagree.

I never called trenken a troll. Obnoxious yes. In a catagory unto himself yes. Troll, nah. GR is straight up troll. trenken is not that. He's... in a catagory unto himself. laugh.gif

Agreed. Trenken makes genuine observations and holds intellegent opinions.

GR79 just wants to talk about having threesomes with the band members.

Edited by Dscrapre

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 14 2012, 10:34 AM)

Exactly.

Really? Do you eat with those fingers? Is that the best you can do? Resort to profanity (Douchebag, @sshole)? Come on Trenken you can do better! We've seen how you badmouth 2.gif at every instant in the latter part of their career. We know you have it in you! This is substandard for you. We have you in such high esteem when it comes to trolling. Do you know, there are pictures of you on every sports fishing vessel down here in Florida? We admire your trolling prowess this much, just as they do over at the Blink 182 site. Yeah, you can blame it on your friends, but we know the truth. Just the fact that you like Blink 182 tells me how much of an insignifcant waste of time you are on a RUSH site. Blink 182 has the musical importance of a tick on a dog's @ss. Regardless, if you are so embarrassed to be a 2.gif fan than go take flying leap of a tall building. I'm sure the sound you make when you hit the pavement will sound better than what you have descibed 2.gif sounding throughout the past 30 years!

I Wish you Well!

You're exactly the type of Rush fan that has given critics reason to rip them apart over the last 35 years...embarrasing

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jun 14 2012, 10:38 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 14 2012, 10:34 AM)

Exactly.

I Wish you Well!

You're exactly the type of Rush fan that has given critics reason to rip them apart over the last 35 years...embarrasing

When someone calls you a Douchebag and an @sswhole.. You feel a need to respond.

Go have some milk.

cat.gif

QUOTE (marblesmike @ Jun 14 2012, 11:50 AM)
So what if they do?  It's an internet message board.  It's not like they're killing your wife and family.  Boo hoo, someone on an internet message board not only disagrees with me, but they called me names!

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but come on man.  It's a nicer place when people can express varying opinions without being called out for disagreeing with the main conforming opinion.

TRF is never been a board that has had a lot of namecalling, which is one of the reasons I love the place. There are other places where the mods look the other way when the discussion gets personal, but traditionally this has not been TRF.

And frankly, I'm surprised that this thread is still open, because we're not really covering any new ground here.

Edited by Rush Cocky

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 14 2012, 11:52 AM)
QUOTE (marblesmike @ Jun 14 2012, 11:36 AM)
Then people need to grow up.

Yes, most notably the people who incite such rhetoric.

Either grow up, or check into a clinic, I don't care.

Apparently you do care. No reason to argue over such trivial crap man. I am just trying to express my opinion about the sound of the new album with other Rush fans without being attacked for it. To be fair though, besides you and LosingIt most people are engaging in an interesting conversation.

QUOTE (marblesmike @ Jun 14 2012, 11:57 AM)

Apparently you do care. No reason to argue over such trivial crap man. I am just trying to express my opinion about the sound of the new album with other Rush fans without being attacked for it. To be fair though, besides you and LosingIt most people are engaging in an interesting conversation.

List one post where I have attacked you.

I'll wait.

QUOTE (marblesmike @ Jun 14 2012, 10:57 AM)

Really Mike, I though we had an interesting conversation? We even discussed marbles.

You didn't find that interesting?

confused13.gif