What's that sound?

losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 13 2012, 11:17 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 13 2012, 08:45 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 13 2012, 09:14 AM)
QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 13 2012, 07:55 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 13 2012, 07:52 AM)
QUOTE (BigBob @ Jun 13 2012, 07:43 AM)
It seems like there are a lot topics and discussions talking about trolls and such as apposed to the new album and such.

BTW I think Clockwork Angels is awesome! I'm liking the whole sound and vibe off the album.

Its an extremely great album! I just gave the trolls a place to congregate and they flocked here like flies to a zapper! You think they would have avoided this thread like the plague, but nope. I guess they just couldn't help themselves! They are so predictable and all their arguements are falling on def ears with Clockwork Angles. Cause we know it awesome! There's no bringing down or systematic destruction of this valient effort by the guys!

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Dude, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the new album. But you're being kind of an asshole to people who simply have a different opinion than you. You are labeling people as trolls who aren't. That ain't cool.

I haven't labeled anyone or called them an @sswhole. They have done it to themselves by attempting to bring down one of rush's best efforts since the early 80's. This only tells me only one thing, they are out to neglect or destroy anything the boys have produced as of late. I saw it with S & A and now with Clockwork Angels. They come out in droves when ever there's a new album. Why? I really don't know and honestly I don't care! All I know is that this is an extremely great RUSH album and I will defend it with all my heart and soul! I do care about contrasting points of views if they're valid. But when you come out with terms like dreadful, meandering, garbage, boring, uninspiring concerning this incredible album upon its release, then I do feel there's something rotten with the whole thing. So if you want to call me an A-whole for that, than so be it!

I Wish you Well!

bekloppt.gif

Dude...see, you did it again:

I haven't labeled anyone or called them an @sswhole. They have done it to themselves by attempting to bring down one of rush's best efforts since the early 80's.

Really? So, if you're not a fan of one album, then you're an 'asshole'?Again, YOU might think this way. It's great that you love CA that much. I'm happy for you. Hell, I'm loving CA a ton too. It's awesome...haven't been able to stop listening to it.

But with every album, especially new ones, it's possible that others won't share the same opinion. I'm a huge fan of S&A, and I've seen others shit all over it. To be honest, even as a fan, I can see why some might not like it as much. It's mellow in many spots...it's different. I LOVE songs like Neurotica and Virtuality that get absolutely shit on all the freakin' time. I'm not going to fists crying.gif about it...or label all of you 'trolls'.

I'm not trying to bring anybody back into this, or defending anyone, but I've seen Trenken himself confirm that he was enjoying this album, and I believe he even stated that it was one of their best albums since the late 80's. So what if he doesn't think Ged's voice is holding up? Big deal.

There are in fact, obvious trolls on message boards. I remember seeing them come out in flocks during the S&A release...but not everyone who simply doesn't love every second of CA should be considered a 'troll'. That's an unfair assessment in my eyes.

As Rush fans, I'd think we are better than that IMO.

No you haven't, called anyone an @sswhole but MerelySpace did! So if you want to stick your neck out for him go right ahead!

cool.gif

I'm not sure I understand? confused13.gif

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 13 2012, 10:55 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 13 2012, 11:17 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 13 2012, 08:45 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 13 2012, 09:14 AM)
QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 13 2012, 07:55 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 13 2012, 07:52 AM)
QUOTE (BigBob @ Jun 13 2012, 07:43 AM)
It seems like there are a lot topics and discussions talking about trolls and such as apposed to the new album and such.

BTW I think Clockwork Angels is awesome! I'm liking the whole sound and vibe off the album.

Its an extremely great album! I just gave the trolls a place to congregate and they flocked here like flies to a zapper! You think they would have avoided this thread like the plague, but nope. I guess they just couldn't help themselves! They are so predictable and all their arguements are falling on def ears with Clockwork Angles. Cause we know it awesome! There's no bringing down or systematic destruction of this valient effort by the guys!

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Dude, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the new album. But you're being kind of an asshole to people who simply have a different opinion than you. You are labeling people as trolls who aren't. That ain't cool.

I haven't labeled anyone or called them an @sswhole. They have done it to themselves by attempting to bring down one of rush's best efforts since the early 80's. This only tells me only one thing, they are out to neglect or destroy anything the boys have produced as of late. I saw it with S & A and now with Clockwork Angels. They come out in droves when ever there's a new album. Why? I really don't know and honestly I don't care! All I know is that this is an extremely great RUSH album and I will defend it with all my heart and soul! I do care about contrasting points of views if they're valid. But when you come out with terms like dreadful, meandering, garbage, boring, uninspiring concerning this incredible album upon its release, then I do feel there's something rotten with the whole thing. So if you want to call me an A-whole for that, than so be it!

I Wish you Well!

bekloppt.gif

Dude...see, you did it again:

I haven't labeled anyone or called them an @sswhole. They have done it to themselves by attempting to bring down one of rush's best efforts since the early 80's.

Really? So, if you're not a fan of one album, then you're an 'asshole'?Again, YOU might think this way. It's great that you love CA that much. I'm happy for you. Hell, I'm loving CA a ton too. It's awesome...haven't been able to stop listening to it.

But with every album, especially new ones, it's possible that others won't share the same opinion. I'm a huge fan of S&A, and I've seen others shit all over it. To be honest, even as a fan, I can see why some might not like it as much. It's mellow in many spots...it's different. I LOVE songs like Neurotica and Virtuality that get absolutely shit on all the freakin' time. I'm not going to fists crying.gif about it...or label all of you 'trolls'.

I'm not trying to bring anybody back into this, or defending anyone, but I've seen Trenken himself confirm that he was enjoying this album, and I believe he even stated that it was one of their best albums since the late 80's. So what if he doesn't think Ged's voice is holding up? Big deal.

There are in fact, obvious trolls on message boards. I remember seeing them come out in flocks during the S&A release...but not everyone who simply doesn't love every second of CA should be considered a 'troll'. That's an unfair assessment in my eyes.

As Rush fans, I'd think we are better than that IMO.

No you haven't, called anyone an @sswhole but MerelySpace did! So if you want to stick your neck out for him go right ahead!

cool.gif

I'm not sure I understand? confused13.gif

I'm not sure I understand?  confused13.gif

Isn't that really the whole problem here?

wink.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 13 2012, 12:12 PM)
I love it. biggrin.gif

A thread completely and 100% dedicated to mocking trolls. laugh.gif

The very same people who mock others prove that they can dish it out but not take it.

Great thread!
yes.gif

goodpost.gif

It's pretty funny how the trolls come in here of their own volition, post their rants and insults, and then complain about being labeled as trolls. tongue.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jun 13 2012, 02:53 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 13 2012, 12:12 PM)
I love it.  biggrin.gif

A thread completely and 100% dedicated to mocking trolls.  laugh.gif

The very same people who mock others prove that they can dish it out but not take it.

Great thread!
  yes.gif

goodpost.gif

It's pretty funny how the trolls come in here of their own volition, post their rants and insults, and then complain about being labeled as trolls. tongue.gif

Example?

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 13 2012, 03:01 PM)
I am so confused on what is going on in the forum post anymore. lol. All I know is that people do not understand the definition between a troll and a person with an honest opinion.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 13 2012, 03:03 PM)
I am so confused on what is going on in the forum post anymore. lol. All I know is that people do not understand the definition between a troll and a person with an honest opinion.

goodpost.gif

Agreed very much.

I mean, if me saying that I like the album but not the sonics is being a troll, then jeez.

I thought a troll is someone who purposely eggs other people on to get a rise out of them?

QUOTE (marblesmike @ Jun 13 2012, 02:05 PM)

goodpost.gif

Agreed very much.

I mean, if me saying that I like the album but not the sonics is being a troll, then jeez.

I thought a troll is someone who purposely eggs other people on to get a rise out of them?

A troll is basically just an actuall @sshole in general to others just to make them angry. Now, where I don't actually agree with what some people say, I will get into a debate with people. But it's not like I'm going to accuse them of being a troll. That's kind of jumping the gun there.

Debates are actually kind of fun.

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions and harassment outside of an online context. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."

While many webmasters and forum administrators consider trolls a scourge on their sites, some websites welcome them. Trolls feed off the reactions of their victims because "their agenda is to take delight in causing trouble".

Hope this helps.

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 13 2012, 03:15 PM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 13 2012, 02:14 PM)
I read all of losingit2k's posts with that "double rainbow all the way" guy's voice in my head.

Plus the *sobbing*? laugh.gif

Yep, CA is so beautiful to him that he can't take it.

goodpost.gif

This thread is not about people with honest opinions. It is about TROLLS. Has nobody read the title yet?

confused13.gif

QUOTE (marblesmike @ Jun 13 2012, 02:16 PM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 13 2012, 03:14 PM)
I read all of losingit2k's posts with that "double rainbow all the way" guy's voice in my head.

Who's the double rainbow guy? That sounds funny.

It's a video of this guy that is so out of his mind baked looking at a double rainbow...It is funny. You will laugh.

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 13 2012, 03:21 PM)
QUOTE (marblesmike @ Jun 13 2012, 02:16 PM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 13 2012, 03:14 PM)

Who's the double rainbow guy? That sounds funny.

It's a video of this guy that is so out of his mind baked looking at a double rainbow...It is funny. You will laugh.

z7shysterical.gif

Holy shit that is funny!

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 13 2012, 03:18 PM)

goodpost.gif

This thread is not about people with honest opinions. It is about TROLLS. Has nobody read the title yet?

confused13.gif

Nope...it's really about who the OP considers a 'troll'.

Big difference Bro.

Try to post something negative about CA...and see what happens...

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 13 2012, 02:45 PM)

goodpost.gif

confused13.gif

Big difference Bro.

Umm...there's not enough blue on the cover art?

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 13 2012, 03:47 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 13 2012, 02:45 PM)

goodpost.gif

confused13.gif

Big difference Bro.

Umm...there's not enough blue on the cover art?

bolt.gif