What's that sound?

losingit2k

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 14 2012, 11:58 AM)
QUOTE (marblesmike @ Jun 14 2012, 11:57 AM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 14 2012, 11:52 AM)
QUOTE (marblesmike @ Jun 14 2012, 11:36 AM)
Then people need to grow up.

Yes, most notably the people who incite such rhetoric.

Either grow up, or check into a clinic, I don't care.

Apparently you do care. No reason to argue over such trivial crap man. I am just trying to express my opinion about the sound of the new album with other Rush fans without being attacked for it. To be fair though, besides you and LosingIt most people are engaging in an interesting conversation.

List one post where I have attacked you.

I'll wait.

I'm sorry, I was being a little oversensitive myself. You never personally attacked me (that was someone else...) although you did sort of insinuate I was a troll but who cares. In a week I'll probably go back into lurker mode and we can forget this happened.

QUOTE (marblesmike @ Jun 14 2012, 11:13 AM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 14 2012, 11:58 AM)
QUOTE (marblesmike @ Jun 14 2012, 11:57 AM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 14 2012, 11:52 AM)
QUOTE (marblesmike @ Jun 14 2012, 11:36 AM)
Then people need to grow up.

Yes, most notably the people who incite such rhetoric.

Either grow up, or check into a clinic, I don't care.

Apparently you do care. No reason to argue over such trivial crap man. I am just trying to express my opinion about the sound of the new album with other Rush fans without being attacked for it. To be fair though, besides you and LosingIt most people are engaging in an interesting conversation.

List one post where I have attacked you.

I'll wait.

I'm sorry, I was being a little oversensitive myself. You never personally attacked me (that was someone else...) although you did sort of insinuate I was a troll but who cares. In a week I'll probably go back into lurker mode and we can forget this happened.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 12 2012, 11:08 PM)
QUOTE (Terrapin @ Jun 12 2012, 07:12 PM)
I'm sorry, but the mastering is appalling. I'm a massive  Fanboy or "Fanboi" whatever... but this thing sounds like a carefully executed fart trying to escape from a well weaved, 3-ply piece of perfumed toilet paper...

Songs are great, performances are great as well.

Such a shame, it could have been immense! 

If you'd mix it right? No, if you'd mix it, you would have this thing sounding like a carefully executed tart trying to escape from a Well while trying to remove a 3-ply piece of perfumed toilet paper from your @ss!

Dude no need to be a prick. All this because some people don't like the way an album sounds production-wise?

This is a Rush forum and we're discussing a Rush album. Where else would you have us do it?

Sometimes I feel the collective age of this place is 12-17.

And for the record, Grundman mastered Aja, one of the best sounding LPs ever. No need to be snarky. Brian Gardner mastered Clockwork Angels.

Marblemike this was our first interaction, I hope you are not implying I was the the person who attached you?

no.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 14 2012, 11:49 AM)
This is inflammatory and will be called out as such by me most times when I see it. It also adds no value to a discussion.

RC...I'm usually with you on many things, so let me run this by you.

That line I quoted from you...do you not think that applies to this entire thread?

I mean...really, what was the purpose of this thread in the first place? Does it really add any 'value' to TRF. Nope...at least, I don't think so.

QUOTE (marblesmike @ Jun 14 2012, 12:13 PM)

No problem here. smile.gif

I like your thoughts, even if I don't agree with some of them.

If we all agreed on everything, there'd be nothing to discuss.

So I'm good and ready to move on.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 14 2012, 12:29 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 14 2012, 11:49 AM)
This is inflammatory and will be called out as such by me most times when I see it.  It also adds no value to a discussion.

RC...I'm usually with you on many things, so let me run this by you.

That line I quoted from you...do you not think that applies to this entire thread?

I mean...really, what was the purpose of this thread in the first place? Does it really add any 'value' to TRF. Nope...at least, I don't think so.

I don't know.....what's the purpose of a treeduck 40-option poll? Or one of the crazy threads that Tick has started in the past?

The answer to both of those is nothing really, but it does help to lighten the mood a bit.

Personally, I took this thread when I saw it as very funny. As in trolling the trolls, what a twist.

But it's a novelty thing, and if we start 3 more threads like this one, it's no longer funny.

I was content to make my one comment in this thread and let drop to page 2 (an into oblivion). GR79 was not, he threw gas on the fire with his comment, and that's why we're still hashing it out in here.

My 2 cents.

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jun 14 2012, 02:20 PM)
I dont find what trenken said to be all that inflammatory. He doesnt like some aspects of the album. And he is being accused of being a troll. I dont blame him for his attitude toward certain fans on here.

I give a shit when i see people being douchebags to others for having a different opinion. And guys like you who feel the need to police the board with your 10 year message board expertise.

eyesre4.gif

Got it all out now?

Thanks again for singling me out, when there have been loads of other people saying the exact same thing I have been.

Whatevs, but your "I don't give a shit" stance is anything but. Otherwise, you wouldn't bother to post.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 14 2012, 01:24 PM)
I dont find what trenken said to be all that inflammatory. He doesnt like some aspects of the album. And he is being accused of being a troll. I dont blame him for his attitude toward certain fans on here.

I give a shit when i see people being douchebags to others for having a different opinion. And guys like you who feel the need to police the board with your 10 year message board expertise.

eyesre4.gif

Got it all out now?

Thanks again for singling me out, when there have been loads of other people saying the exact same thing I have been.

Whatevs, but your "I don't give a shit" stance is anything but. Otherwise, you wouldn't bother to post.

Condescending again.

Are you a tough guy in person ?...With your little Rush Cock persona?..

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 14 2012, 01:29 PM)
This thread now officially sucks. sad.gif

I'm tired of participating in it and will no longer respond to any posts in it.

I agree. I'm out of here! Unless someone response to this in a manner that requires responding!

rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jun 14 2012, 01:31 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 14 2012, 01:24 PM)

eyesre4.gif

Got it all out now?

Condescending again.

Are you a tough guy in person ?...With your little Rush Cock persona?..

If being called champ offends you, and RC's reply above, maybe the internet forums aren't for you. But, you know how to say cock and douchebag on here, so, I could be wrong. My apologies, sir.

And by sir, I did not mean to imply you're old. My apologies again.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 14 2012, 11:29 AM)
This thread now officially sucks. sad.gif

I'm tired of participating in it and will no longer respond to any posts in it.

you thought a thread about trolls was gonna rule?

I cannot figured out where the F the mods are on this site and why this troll thread has not been closed!

Is it not clear enough that there was no other intention for this thread other than to attack people and start fights??? Mods on this site are a joke. Are there even any at all? Any other board I go to these kinds of threads are shut down immediately.

Anyway we all need to cool down. We're just talking about music here on a freaking internet message board by a band at the end of their careers now. Jesus, this is not serious business here. If I or anyone else dont like it and give reasons for not liking it without trying to attack anyone or start fights, then people that disagree should just ignore it if they dont like it. It's real simple. Im not sitting here like a bum making topics calling out everyone that thinks this record is good. That would be trolling!

I think I made 1 topic sharing my stepdads opinions on it, and it was really more about his idea of an instrumental album more than anything. People are taking others opinions very personally and it's really becoming a nightmare to even say anything on this site. Everyone is up each others asses left and right. Calm down people!

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 14 2012, 09:52 AM)
I totally understand little 16 year old douchebags acting like this on the internet. Many kids are assholes at that age, but really, there are Rush fans like losingit2k running around calling people trolls just because they dont like the same thing as him? That's embarrassing to even be a fan of the same band if they have fans like this.

Trenken, you fanned the flames yourself pretty heavily just when this thread was settling down.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 14 2012, 11:48 AM)
Mods on this site are a joke. Are there even any at all?

Dude this is why you rub people the wrong way. You have a way with words.

"the mods are a joke"

"rush fans are the worst in the world"

"the new album is lame"

maybe one day you'll realize you are part of the problem.