Which do you approve of Less!

losingit2k

Which song do you like least BU2B2 or Wish them Well!  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which song do you like least BU2B2 or Wish them Well!

• BU2B2
    • Wish Them Well

First of all, I like both songs but these are the two that are at the bottem of my list concerning Clockwork Angels. I sometimes can't decide which one I like more on in this case least!

I went with BU2B2 sinces its shorter and doesn't have all the members involved! However that said, I do find it to be very moody and enlightening towards the Protagonist in the Story! It an ironic song. Haunting sounding, yet the final take on the lyrics are positive: " Life goes from bad to worse, I still choose to live!"

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as how I LOVE WtW and already don't like BU2B2...easy choice.

BTW, WtW has already helped me through a situation I have at work with some backbiting people in another department.

On the first listen to Wish them Well, I was kinda, meh. It has totally grown on me. I love it!

QUOTE (Snaked @ Jun 8 2012, 01:10 PM)
Wish Them Well is a favorite off the album right now.
That might change down the road.. but today I like it a lot.

I understand exactly what you feel, Everyday a different song catches my attention. They all have something to offer. Its like trying to pick

that slightly less rippened banana in a bushel of rippened bananas.

This post is:

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 8 2012, 01:17 PM)
Wish Them Well is a good song and BU2B2 is nothing more than a transition to me. How can somebody like BU2B2 more than Wish Them Well?

I think some people might be voting for the one they like more, other then the one they like least!

laugh.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (umoveme @ Jun 8 2012, 12:12 PM)
On the first listen to Wish them Well, I was kinda, meh. It has totally grown on me. I love it!

exactly!

Why less? They are both great songs... How about which one do you like more? Still has the same result, but without assuming everyone shares your opinion of which songs are least pleasing on the album.

Why are these two songs so poorly rated??

Wish them well is a great poppy, upbeat sounding track. Love the lyrics, it's a PERFECT pickup and triumph after the somber BU2B2, which is also a fantastic expression of the point of greif and lowness in the album. They play off of eachother very well, despite being great on their own. Both these tracks set the tone perfectly, and both of them have fantastic lyrics. BU2B2 reminds me somehow of Ghost Rider, while Wish Them Well sounds like it could've been a cut off of Roll The Bones.

Absolutely love 'em both.

In all honesty, BU2B2 is one of the most interesting little pieces Rush has developed in my opinion. While I might get some flack over it, I really am not a fan of Wish them Well, yet BU2B2 has intrigued me since I heard the first 30-second snippet of it. I'm not one into a constant bombardment of noise (Vapor Trails), and the transitions in this album including BU2B2 are just so...different. I love how Rush is advancing in their sound, although that progression of moving forward is not easily seen in songs like Wish them Well because it is re-treading old territory. And that's all I have to say about that.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 8 2012, 03:11 PM)
I don't even consider BU2B2 a song....it's a transition. Don't think it's fair to put it in the same category as the other 11 songs

That's the way I look at it.

It's nothing about "approval", but more that we are comparing a 'conceptual transition' to an actual stand-alone song. Not a fair comparison IMO.

BU2B2 is a piece that Neil wanted in there as part of the story. If this was not a concept album, that track would probably never have existed. Keep that in mind.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 8 2012, 02:21 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 8 2012, 03:11 PM)
I don't even consider BU2B2 a song....it's a transition. Don't think it's fair to put it in the same category as the other 11 songs

That's the way I look at it.

It's nothing about "approval", but more that we are comparing a 'conceptual transition' to an actual stand-alone song. Not a fair comparison IMO.

BU2B2 is a piece that Neil wanted in there as part of the story. If this was not a concept album, that track would probably never have existed. Keep that in mind.

Plus I think they wanted "12" songs to keep in theme of the album, so it was added as a 12th song towards the end of the process

There have been a lot of comparisons between Snakes and Arrows and CA on here just because they're the 2 most recent. I think Wish them Well is the most Snakes and Arrows sounding song on the album. It definitely has the same sound as a few of the songs on Snakes...but that's where the comparisons end IMO as the rest of the album just blows Snakes out of the water

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 8 2012, 03:38 PM)

BU2B- don't like it at all, and it hasn't grown on me
Wish Them Well is a good sing IMHO!

This is about BU2B2...