Complete Liner Notes and Lyrics Now Online

Jag2112

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOVE the lyrics to Clockwork Angels. Very poetic, atmospheric, and lyrical. Some of his best lyrics ever, I would say. That said, the story is rather depressing - a string of blunders and dashing hopes to the chagrin of the protagonist, only for him to realize that life is crappy and full of disappointments. The ending redeems it somewhat, with the message that life is hard, but all we can do is hope from one second to the next. A bittersweet ending, but very nice. Well done! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 5 2012, 09:31 PM)
LOVE the lyrics to Clockwork Angels. Very poetic, atmospheric, and lyrical. Some of his best lyrics ever, I would say. That said, the story is rather depressing - a string of blunders and dashing hopes to the chagrin of the protagonist, only for him to realize that life is crappy and full of disappointments. The ending redeems it somewhat, with the message that life is hard, but all we can do is hope from one second to the next. A bittersweet ending, but very nice. Well done! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Well put, I think it is his most consistent work lyrically in some years - not just due to the concept. Each album seems to have some really clunky lines or very unpopular cliches - he avoided that pretty well this time around and creates a cool story framework. I am quite interested to see how the novel fills this out (and also a bit worried that it will restrict our own interpretations of song lyrics)

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 5 2012, 09:31 PM)

I agree. When I read the prefacing vignettes I couldn't help but reference what Neil said in his latest installment of "News, Weather, and Sports".

That when he writes fiction it is almost impossible to NOT interject the writer's (his) life's experiences and impressions.

This is NOT a happy storyline. Slightly uplifting and reconciling at the end, but the theme is clear.

THANK YOU!!!!

This is exactly what I've been looking for! biggrin.gif

And given this thread is likely going to be closed soon.....

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/InBeforeTheLock.gif

Edited by Rush Cocky

QUOTE (Jag2112 @ Jun 6 2012, 12:49 AM)
Spoiler alert for those waiting until next week...

You can now see the complete CD liner notes -- and lyrics from each track -- at this LINK.

Enjoy-

Thanx a lot ! smile.gif

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Jun 6 2012, 07:05 AM)
Andrew MacNaughtan was only 28? I think he was 48 and that "1984" should be "1964." (John- I'm assuming that's a transcription / scanner error, not a typo on the booklet.)

Yep- transcription error. Corrected however. Thanks smile.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 6 2012, 09:42 AM)
This is a little different. It's Jag's site, the lyrics are posted on there instead of here -- he just linked to it here. Also, RIAB is linking to it on their site, and if it's okay with them, it's okay with us.

Yeah, I figured that's what it was.

Anyway, glad to be studying the lyrics, it really heightens my anticipation for this Tuesday morning! yes.gif

QUOTE (2112rush @ Jun 6 2012, 10:48 AM)
Thanks biggrin.gif Anyone know what the 'infinite jest' means??

Time will always be able to have its fun with you and play with you as it likes

QUOTE (Nate1647 @ Jun 6 2012, 10:49 AM)
QUOTE (2112rush @ Jun 6 2012, 10:48 AM)
Thanks  biggrin.gif  Anyone know what the 'infinite jest' means??

Time will always be able to have its fun with you and play with you as it likes

Thanks, wasn't sure as i couldn't find the meaning anywhere smile.gif

I have yet to listen to the CD, but I was just looking through the Fanpack that I just received.

One thing I will say is that, while I really hate Digipaks, I will say that this one is fantastic! HARD COVER! Feels like an actual book...so, that's really great.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 6 2012, 12:55 PM)
I have yet to listen to the CD, but I was just looking through the Fanpack that I just received.

One thing I will say is that, while I really hate Digipaks, I will say that this one is fantastic! HARD COVER! Feels like an actual book...so, that's really great.

New album from The Cult is this same way. Loved that packaging so now I'm stoked for how this looks..!