SIT DOWN, YOUR IN THE WAY !!!

got rush?

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ May 30 2012, 07:52 PM)
I don't call people "bitches" or "pussies". I show respect for the fans around me, and I always work it out with them.

This is really the only issue I'm seeing here. Tough guys getting defensive and putting the boxing gloves on when someone doesn't care for them blocking their view, being overly rambunctious, or spilling beer all over them.

"I'll do whatever I want and if you don't like it you can f***ing go the f**k home you f***ing pussy!"

Everybody just LOVES that attitude! wub.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ May 30 2012, 05:23 PM)
I don't call people "bitches" or "pussies".  I show respect for the fans around me, and I always work it out with them.

This is really the only issue I'm seeing here. Tough guys getting defensive and putting the boxing gloves on when someone doesn't care for them blocking their view, being overly rambunctious, or spilling beer all over them.

"I'll do whatever I want and if you don't like it you can f***ing go the f**k home you f***ing pussy!"

Everybody just LOVES that attitude! wub.gif

Give me a break rofl3.gif

Lumping all of those who prefer to stand with out of control drunks is ridiculous. I think the name calling stems from those who refuse to go with the flow. I stand most of the time because that's what I prefer at a concert. As well as at my job ect. Sitting for to long is painful for me. That's why I get an Isle seat when I fly. I can get up or sit down at my leisure. BTW, all of us who prefer to stand do not spill our beers all over people or puke on them. wink.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ May 30 2012, 08:09 PM)
I like to stand up when I go to the movies. tongue.gif

Do people really sit at movies?

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (kkb2323 @ May 30 2012, 09:14 PM)
QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ May 30 2012, 08:09 PM)
I like to stand up when I go to the movies. tongue.gif

Do people really sit at movies?

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

goodpost.gif

I prefer to slouch, but that's just me..... tongue.gif

QUOTE (beherit @ May 30 2012, 06:45 PM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ May 30 2012, 05:39 PM)
QUOTE (beherit @ May 30 2012, 04:01 PM)
If the band can stand, the audience can to. Quit being pussies.

Quit the childish remarks and try disagreeing like an adult.

You're right, Godeater's remarks about people like YOU being "bitches" were far more mature.

Actually, I didn't see godeater's remarks until now. They're just as childish as yours.

People like ME? You know nothing about me. I almost always stand at concerts, but I don't act like a childish prick while doing it. I don't call people "bitches" or "pussies". I show respect for the fans around me, and I always work it out with them. Maybe someday, when you grow up, you'll be able to work it out, too.

Who said I acted like a childish prick? I always cooperate with people who wanna sit on their ass at a show and act like they're watching a DVD. Just because I called rock 'n roll sitters "pussies" on an internet forum doesn't mean I need to grow up or this or that, I just think it's funny the big fuss that the lawnchair club is making over such a nonissue.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ May 31 2012, 04:39 AM)
There are few things more irritating when youre at a show and some killjoy behind you keeps yelling to sit down. Total load of bullshit.

And yet that's far less irritating than not being able to see the show at all.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 29 2012, 03:56 PM)
This is the third thread about standing vs. sitting in the past three weeks. Each of the other times, amid all the insults that people throw at each other, it boils down to: just don't be a jerk about standing or sitting at the show. Go with the flow.

Just wait till someone starts a thread about bringing their kindergarten-age child to a Rush show.

QUOTE (Mara @ May 31 2012, 08:23 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 29 2012, 03:56 PM)
This is the third thread about standing vs. sitting in the past three weeks. Each of the other times, amid all the insults that people throw at each other, it boils down to: just don't be a jerk about standing or sitting at the show. Go with the flow.

Just wait till someone starts a thread about bringing their kindergarten-age child to a Rush show.

I got them beat, my son was 10 months old when we took him. Outdoors on the lawn and had a great time. He lasted 8 songs and slept the rest of the night .

QUOTE (greg2112 @ May 31 2012, 05:39 AM)
There are few things more irritating when youre at a show and some killjoy behind you keeps yelling to sit down. Total load of bullshit.

If everyone in front of you is sitting down, and the people to your right and left are sitting down, and you notice your entire section is sitting...

Well, free speech and maybe even some free flying beer might be headed your way. Soak it up.

I'm always in sections where everyone stands, so no one complains when I sit down during the more cerebral (slow) songs.

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 31 2012, 09:02 AM)
I got them beat, my son was 10 months old when we took him. Outdoors on the lawn and had a great time. He lasted 8 songs and slept the rest of the night .

Which song did him in? tongue.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ May 31 2012, 09:54 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 31 2012, 09:02 AM)
I got them beat, my son was 10 months old when we took him. Outdoors on the lawn and had a great time.  He lasted 8 songs and slept the rest of the night .

Which song did him in? tongue.gif

A S&A song laugh.gif

Honestly, I don't care if people stand or sit, but I'm standing.

But. . .I'm short. The only objection anyone in front of me will hear is if they stand on their seats, or put their child up on the seat. This happened to me last time; I had 3rd row and the family in front stood their child (8 or so) up in his seat. My view was COMPLETELY blocked. Not what I had counted on for my first super-up-close Rush experience.

But I explained nicely (actually I shouted as nicely as it's possible to shout) that I really, really couldn't see anything except most of Geddy and some of Neil's left hand, and they were so cool about it and relegated Junior back to the floor. He was asleep by the second set anyway, and they left before the encore.

There is no reason why anyone on either side of this debate needs to be rude.

goodpost.gif

I have attended a billion concerts since 1981; everything from Ozzfests to Chicago to Molly Hatchet to Slayer. In all the shows that I have been attended, I have had more issues with Rush fans than any other fans (I have heard others say the same thing over the years). From seat stealing (actually argue with you that they have the right to be in that seat even if you are holding the right ticket - out of 20+ Rush shows - 17 times it has happened to me personally)to move out of my way I can crunch next to you cos my buddy is here and I have a crappy seat, to stealing your shirt or tour program to I can throw my beer all over everyone cos Limelight is like the sickest tune of all time...

I avoided two tours in the 90's (RTB and Presto) because I was really sick of the crap. I attended other concerts during that time period and encounterd not one problem.

From my experience, Iron Maiden fans seem to be the most considerate of the people around them; and face it folks, Maiden music is more of the jump around and let out your energy than Rush stuff. I am looking forward to the Maiden show in Buffalo more than I am in seeing Rush in Buffalo. Check out the Maiden Forums...anyone see this crap there?

Just an observation of 30+ years of concert going

Edited by drgrendel

QUOTE (drgrendel @ May 31 2012, 11:14 AM)
I can throw my beer all over everyone cos Limelight is like the sickest tune of all time...

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif See my post about the Prom Night Guy confused13.gif

QUOTE (drgrendel @ May 31 2012, 11:14 AM)

goodpost.gif

I have attended a billion concerts since 1981; everything from Ozzfests to Chicago to Molly Hatchet to Slayer. In all the shows that I have been attended, I have had more issues with Rush fans than any other fans (I have heard others say the same thing over the years). From seat stealing (actually argue with you that they have the right to be in that seat even if you are holding the right ticket - out of 20+ Rush shows - 17 times it has happened to me personally)to move out of my way I can crunch next to you cos my buddy is here and I have a crappy seat, to stealing your shirt or tour program to I can throw my beer all over everyone cos Limelight is like the sickest tune of all time...

I avoided two tours in the 90's (RTB and Presto) because I was really sick of the crap. I attended other concerts during that time period and encounterd not one problem.

From my experience, Iron Maiden fans seem to be the most considerate of the people around them; and face it folks, Maiden music is more of the jump around and let out your energy than Rush stuff. I am looking forward to the Maiden show in Buffalo more than I am in seeing Rush in Buffalo. Check out the Maiden Forums...anyone see this crap there?

great post

Rush fans are pretty nice from my experience though. Then again, I haven't been to many shows.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 31 2012, 07:36 AM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ May 31 2012, 04:39 AM)
There are few things more irritating when youre at a show and some killjoy behind you keeps yelling to sit down.  Total load of bullshit.

And yet that's far less irritating than not being able to see the show at all.

I guess the reason I'm being a dick about it is because where I see Rush is Verizon Wireless in Atlanta, which has big ass screens so everyone can see the show, even if a 5'7 teenager like me is standing.

QUOTE (drgrendel @ May 31 2012, 12:14 PM)

goodpost.gif

I have attended a billion concerts since 1981; everything from Ozzfests to Chicago to Molly Hatchet to Slayer.  In all the shows that I have been attended, I have had more issues with Rush fans than any other fans (I have heard others say the same thing over the years).  From seat stealing (actually argue with you that they have the right to be in that seat even if you are holding the right ticket - out of 20+ Rush shows - 17 times it has happened to me personally)to move out of my way I can crunch next to you cos my buddy is here and I have a crappy seat, to stealing your shirt or tour program to I can throw my beer all over everyone cos Limelight is like the sickest tune of all time... 

I avoided two tours in the 90's (RTB and Presto) because I was really sick of the crap.  I attended other concerts during that time period and encounterd not one problem. 

From my experience, Iron Maiden fans seem to be the most considerate of the people around them; and face it folks, Maiden music is more of the jump around and let out your energy than Rush stuff.  I am looking forward to the Maiden show in Buffalo more than I am in seeing Rush in Buffalo.  Check out the Maiden Forums...anyone see this crap there?

Are you kidding me? Either you have the most unusual luck in the world or you are completely delusional. I've been to ~30 Rush shows ~5 Maiden shows ~5 Slayer shows and probably ~500 other shows.

I've seen many of the same bands over and over again and have never once thought that any group is better or worse than the other. And I've sure as hell never seen any bad behavior from Rush fans. Seat stealing 17 out of 20 times?! People stealing your stuff? Are you kidding?

For what it is worth and I'm a huge metal fan, people at those really heavy shows often tend to be a lot safer with each other and more considerate, like a brotherhood of sorts than most people would expect.

Edited by Godeater2112

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 31 2012, 02:45 PM)
QUOTE (drgrendel @ May 31 2012, 12:14 PM)

goodpost.gif

I have attended a billion concerts since 1981; everything from Ozzfests to Chicago to Molly Hatchet to Slayer.  In all the shows that I have been attended, I have had more issues with Rush fans than any other fans (I have heard others say the same thing over the years).  From seat stealing (actually argue with you that they have the right to be in that seat even if you are holding the right ticket - out of 20+ Rush shows - 17 times it has happened to me personally)to move out of my way I can crunch next to you cos my buddy is here and I have a crappy seat, to stealing your shirt or tour program to I can throw my beer all over everyone cos Limelight is like the sickest tune of all time... 

I avoided two tours in the 90's (RTB and Presto) because I was really sick of the crap.  I attended other concerts during that time period and encounterd not one problem. 

From my experience, Iron Maiden fans seem to be the most considerate of the people around them; and face it folks, Maiden music is more of the jump around and let out your energy than Rush stuff.  I am looking forward to the Maiden show in Buffalo more than I am in seeing Rush in Buffalo.  Check out the Maiden Forums...anyone see this crap there?

Are you kidding me? Either you have the most unusual luck in the world or you are completely delusional. I've been to ~30 shows ~5 Maiden shows ~5 Slayer shows and probably ~500 other shows.

I've seen many of the same bands over and over again and have never once thought that any group is better or worse than the other. And I've sure as hell never seen any bad behavior from Rush fans. Seat stealing 17 out of 20 times?! People stealing your stuff? Are you kidding?

For what it is worth and I'm a huge metal fan, people at those really heavy shows often tend to be a lot safer with each other and more considerate, like a brotherhood of sorts than most people would expect.

yeah, heavy metal's like a club anyway so that's understandable