SIT DOWN, YOUR IN THE WAY !!!

got rush?

QUOTE (kkb2323 @ May 31 2012, 09:18 PM)
Go stalk someone else dude.
I know I never asked you anyway.

You must jump around in this forum looking
for someone to talk down to. Well screw you!

can we say "LOSER". SO GET LOST!!

... I wasn't going to lower myself to your
so called standard of BS, but you asked for it.

GET OUT OF THIS FORUM !!!

1. Pick up a dictionary, look up the definition of stalking. I don't think it means what you think it means.

2. This is a public internet forum, not a private conversation. You don't ask permission to join in when you post somewhere, do you? Doesn't matter a bit if you asked me, but now that I know you only want people to respond to you when they agree with you... eyesre4.gif

3. I don't look for people to talk down to. Most of the time around here, I'm an easygoing kinda guy. I have fun, I laugh, I share stories. I help people out sometimes, when I can. Other times, when selfish people like you feel like bragging about how they'll happily ruin someone's night, I feel like responding.

4. Call me a loser if you want, but I won't be getting lost anytime soon. I like it here. So no, I will not "get out of this forum", poor boy.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (drgrendel @ May 31 2012, 03:15 PM)

Were you around for the Time Machine Tour threads whereby a Rush fan insisted that they had a right to "share a seat" with someone sitting close to stage because they knew them?  They were offended when someone was put off by this action cos doing so cramps the seating area.  Yeah.....it happens more than many believe. 

Are you kidding?

Call an usher and get their dumb ass booted back to their seat or outta the show.

Please, please, someone try that with me. Ushers love to feel like they have a purpose and dragging some ahole back to their seat is fun for them.

If there are open seats and plenty of space, I won't say anything. But anytime someone tries to crowd in between seats, I'll get an asher.

Sorry for the rant, but I hate drunk and stoned aholes who think they can sneak up to better seats. Stop smoking pot and get a job so you have some money. (yes, I know many pot heads are very high functioning, but you know the type I'm talking about -- still dates high schoolers, etc.)

Actually, one time that happened, a bunch of drunks tried to climb over seats into my row and I recognized one of them. I yelled at the guy and he took it pretty well. Apologized and moved on.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 31 2012, 10:06 PM)

And the people behind you who paid $$ for tickets, $$$ for a rental car and $$$$ for air fare? The people that can't see the stage? I guess you're just more important than they are.

If those people are so stupid, that they go to a rock concert and are "surprised" to have their experience "ruined" when people around them stand?

Cry me a river. Screw them, maybe next time they'll wait for the DVD.

It's one thing to say "I get annoyed at concerts when I want to sit down but others are standing so I can't see..." but to say people who would stand are selfish and ruining it for others? Go get you head examined dude.

Edited by Godeater2112

In my 30 years of attending Rush concerts I have never....ever been asked to sit.

Ever.

QUOTE (Todem @ Jun 1 2012, 08:25 AM)
In my 30 years of attending Rush concerts I have never....ever been asked to sit.

Ever.

Must be nice to be just five feet tall!

laugh.gif

Just kidding, I am 6-6 and seldom have an issue either a small handful of times at most.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 1 2012, 05:46 AM)

And the people behind you who paid $$ for tickets, $$$ for a rental car and $$$$ for air fare? The people that can't see the stage? I guess you're just more important than they are.

If those people are so stupid, that they go to a rock concert and are "surprised" to have their experience "ruined" when people around them stand?

It's one thing to say "I get annoyed at concerts when I want to sit down but others are standing so I can't see..." but to say people who would stand are selfish and ruining it for others? Go get you head examined dude.

If you're in the back of the venue and everyone in the section is sitting except for the one douchebag standing in front of you, then yeah, you have every right to be pissed off.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 31 2012, 10:47 PM)
QUOTE (beherit @ May 31 2012, 09:42 PM)
hahaha what the f**k is this shit

I know, right? All of a sudden we went from heated conversation to accusations of stalking!

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 1 2012, 09:13 AM)

If you're in the back of the venue and everyone in the section is sitting except for the one douchebag standing in front of you, then yeah, you have every right to be pissed off.

I realize you'll never give up this crusade you are on.

My point is people at concerts STAND. No matter where you sit you can EXPECT that. The better the performance the more STANDING. Don't give me your theoretical crap about "an entire section of people sitting and one monstrously drunk person standing and screaming and shouting and throwing beer around" scenario.

You can expect people to be standing, so don't ever go and say your experience was ruined because people were it is to be expected.

Cue that up with people who are shocked, alarmed and disappointed that they went to a Grateful Dead festival and could smell pot, or people that go to Woodstock and are flabbergastedly disgusted that chicks in the crowd were flashing their boobs.

Give me a break and enough with your outlier bullshit "what if" scenarios.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 1 2012, 08:10 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 1 2012, 09:13 AM)

I realize you'll never give up this crusade you are on.

My point is people at concerts STAND. No matter where you sit you can EXPECT that. The better the performance the more STANDING. Don't give me your theoretical crap about "an entire section of people sitting and one monstrously drunk person standing and screaming and shouting and throwing beer around" scenario.

You can expect people to be standing, so don't ever go and say your experience was ruined because people were it is to be expected.

Cue that up with people who are shocked, alarmed and disappointed that they went to a Grateful Dead festival and could smell pot, or people that go to Woodstock and are flabbergastedly disgusted that chicks in the crowd were flashing their boobs.

Give me a break and enough with your outlier bullshit "what if" scenarios.

It's not an outlier scenario for the upper back sections to sit at a Rush concert. Every one I've been to, the back sections sit. And it's not just Rush, it's most shows that I've been to in arenas. And I've seen plenty of lone people, or someone with a friend, standing up in a back section while everyone else is sitting.

The only crusade I'm on is to point out when people are being selfish pricks. That's fun for me. Hey, you take the little pleasures where you can get them wink.gif I check in the thread a few times a day, it's fun.

Oh, and the "monstrously drunk person throwing beer around" scenario? That wasn't me. I never brought that up in this thread. It's enough that someone is blocking a view without having to make a point about idiots who get sloppy drunk at a concert.

Close enough. You can easily extend this to whatever fantasy level suits you.

Edited by Godeater2112

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 1 2012, 08:26 AM)

Close enough. You can easily extend this to whatever fantasy level suits you.

If you've never seen anyone do this, then either you haven't been to enough shows (and I know that's not true), or your 'selective memory' isn't kicking in because you just want to argue with me. It happens all the time. It's not a "fantasy".

Holy crap...this is still going on?!

laugh.gif

Let's face it...no matter which side you're on, you're going to think that the others are selfish.

They should simply designate areas for 'Standing' and 'Sitting'. If you buy a Standing ticket, you must stand. If you buy a Sitting ticket, you must sit.

Problem solved. biggrin.gif

Ok well, I get annoyed when lazy disrespectful assholes don't stand up for Rush, but I usually just let people do their own thing, much like how I think those that choose to stand and air drum should be handled.

Since people here have convinced me that people that cannot respect others should be put in their place, this next tour if anyone if front of me is SITTING I will tap them on the shoulder and tell them to "Stand the f**k up!". If they don't obey me, I will report them to security.

True story.

cool10.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 1 2012, 10:50 AM)
Ok well, I get annoyed when lazy disrespectful assholes don't stand up for Rush, but I usually just let people do their own thing, much like how I think those that choose to stand and air drum should be handled.

Since people here have convinced me that people that cannot respect others should be put in their place, this next tour if anyone if front of me is SITTING I will tap them on the shoulder and tell them to "Stand the f**k up!". If they don't obey me, I will report them to security.

True story.

cool10.gif

Now you're just being obtuse.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 1 2012, 12:49 PM)
Holy crap...this is still going on?!

laugh.gif

Let's face it...no matter which side you're on, you're going to think that the others are selfish.

They should simply designate areas for 'Standing' and 'Sitting'. If you buy a Standing ticket, you must stand. If you buy a Sitting ticket, you must sit.

Problem solved. biggrin.gif

But yeah, then there are the "ticket whiners"...

"WTF! I have a presale password and the best seats I can find for SITTING are row 20 and for STANDING I see Row 11!! Standers are getting all the good tickets! What are the addresses of the guy who owns Ticketmaster and Ray Daniels so I can write nasty letters and complain"

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 1 2012, 12:52 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 1 2012, 10:50 AM)

True story.

cool10.gif

Now you're just being obtuse.

At least I wasn't directly responding to one of your posts and am obviously just making a point how only the LAMEST %0.01 percent of people on the planet woukld ever ask someone to sit down at a Rush concert but yeah...

Maybe I am being obtuse. At least I'm not obese. Happy Nation Doughnut Day!

*fireworks*

I'm a little worried about having floor seats, as this is a first for us and I am really short and my boyfriend is 6'2. We both might have a problem. I know whoever is behind bf is going to be disappointed and whoever is behind me will be happy and the people in front of me will all be taller than me and in front of bf will probably be shorter than him, but bf is very polite and will feel bad about standing and blocking people's view. Everyone will be standing though.

I think there should be a pre-front row for really short people, who block no one's view. wink.gif

QUOTE (Karena @ Jun 1 2012, 01:01 PM)
I'm a little worried about having floor seats, as this is a first for us and I am really short and my boyfriend is 6'2. We both might have a problem. I know whoever is behind bf is going to be disappointed and whoever is behind me will be happy and the people in front of me will all be taller than me and in front of bf will probably be shorter than him, but bf is very polite and will feel bad about standing and blocking people's view. Everyone will be standing though.

I think there should be a pre-front row for really short people, who block no one's view. wink.gif

I'm sure you'll have a great time and a great view! Some creative seat-swapping can get short people behind other short people if necesary. wink.gif

QUOTE (Scottishdood @ Jun 1 2012, 03:28 PM)
I'm short!!!

trink38.gif 2.gif trink38.gif 2.gif trink38.gif 2.gif trink38.gif 2.gif trink38.gif 2.gif

Oh hey did you hear about the new plan for this tour? If anyone in front of us is sitting this tour, we're going to tap them on the shoulder and tell them to stand up.

laugh.gif