SIT DOWN, YOUR IN THE WAY !!!

got rush?

QUOTE (beherit @ May 31 2012, 03:46 PM)
yeah, heavy metal's like a club anyway so that's understandable

Hahah well lots of people are scared shitless of the thought of a hardcore metal show. Try inviting your buddies to a Cannibal Corpse pit some time. 1022.gif

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 31 2012, 02:48 PM)
Try inviting your buddies to a Cannibal Corpse pit some time. 1022.gif

The 3 most brutal pits i think i have ever seen were CC, Slayer and Morbid Angel . I don't do pits and never have done them but those 3 were insane

QUOTE (beherit @ May 31 2012, 03:49 PM)
I'd like to see Cannibal Corpse but they're always playing with shitty bands.

They are worth seeing just alone. I've only been once, medium sized metal show I was the one of my group brave enough to get into the put, next thing I knew somehow I was hanging from the rafters 10 feet off the ground, don't even recall exactly how that happened.

I see them again in August at a big festival with many other great bands, some heavier than others.

http://lineup.heavymtl.com/

1022.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 31 2012, 04:28 PM)
Hey dood! bekloppt.gif

Was just explaining to the peeps here that only a whiny little panty-waist should ever complain and ask people to sit down at a Rush show.

z7shysterical.gif

Can you believe this is apparently of debate?

trink39.gif

Well if one wishes to sling such terms around then I guess a debate is appropriate. Wonder what reaction one might receive if such a term was used at an actual show to someone physically superior to another. I shudder at the possibilities. Then again, it is safer slinging terms on the computer anonymously with such big muscles to back oneself up.

If the guy in front of me stands.....

Then I stand, no questions, no worries

If the person behind me asks politely for me to sit....

Then I will try and sit, temporarily, if the guy in front of me is sitting...

I do jump to feet about 10 to 20 times a show in a rock frenzy...

After intermission ( and several beers) I do condone standing over sitting.

Rush is a hard rock show, everyone should be standing, dancing, headbanging, screaming, singing or doing whatever the music makes you do.

Rush music should not make you sit for any extended time period (i.e. 2 minutes is my sitting limit)

Last year I had some nice tickets. They weren't on the floor but I expected to be fine because in Toronto I had crap tix and everyone stood anyway.

Nope. My friends who had their seats to the right of my got threatened by this football player looking guy and his orange girlfiend who couldn't see. I got pestered by a man in his 50s sitting in back of me. I told him this is a rock concert with good seats. I paid I should be able to stand. He told me to buy floor seats next time. I lied and told him I couldn't find any decent ones. My friends weren't so lucky with this dialog. None of us wanted to have our concert interrupted for anything, so they dealt with it. I got lucky.

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ May 31 2012, 07:52 PM)

Rush is a hard rock show, everyone should be standing, dancing, headbanging, screaming, singing or doing whatever the music makes you do.

Feel ya, our seats are generally on the floor-no problem.

This tour some of the venues we are going to (Universal City, Houston etc.) the

Seats are in the lower level near the stage.

My wife and I would really be pissed if anyone shouted at us half the night. Noticed I said

pissed? We would deal with it as long as we could!

We would call security on them.

We would NEVER sit down. After spending $$ on tickets and $$$ on rental car and $$$$ on airfare? NO WAY.

I wouldn't expect anyone standing in front of me to sit either.

It would be upsetting.

We tried for floor seats, but just like everyone else has said --all floor seats upfront where gone on morning of Presale !!!

We sure would hate for that to happen.

QUOTE (kkb2323 @ May 31 2012, 07:50 PM)
QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ May 31 2012, 07:52 PM)

Rush is a hard rock show,  everyone should be standing, dancing, headbanging, screaming, singing or doing whatever the music makes you do.

Feel ya, our seats are generally on the floor-no problem.

This tour some of the venues we are going to (Universal City, Houston etc.) the

Seats are in the lower level near the stage.

My wife and I would really be pissed if anyone shouted at us half the night. Noticed I said

pissed? We would deal with it as long as we could!

We would call security on them.

We would NEVER sit down. After spending $$ on tickets and $$$ on rental car and $$$$ on airfare? NO WAY.

I wouldn't expect anyone standing in front of me to sit either.

It would be upsetting.

We tried for floor seats, but just like everyone else has said --all floor seats upfront where gone on morning of Presale !!!

We sure would hate for that to happen.

And the people behind you who paid $$ for tickets, $$$ for a rental car and $$$$ for air fare? The people that can't see the stage? I guess you're just more important than they are.

You probably won't have to deal with it because it sounds like you're close enough that everyone around you will be standing anyway, but your selfish attitude, echoed by so many in this thread, is just 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 31 2012, 06:59 PM)
QUOTE (beherit @ May 31 2012, 08:27 PM)
so daniel what you're saying is...."conform or be cast out"?

Yeah, you could say that tongue.gif common001.gif

Go read a book instead! laugh.gif

Edited by kkb2323