SIT DOWN, YOUR IN THE WAY !!!

got rush?

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 30 2012, 01:52 PM)
^------ screw that. Everyone else is probably a shy loser too scared to being the only one standing up... cowering... hoping... praying that someone else will show some signs of fun so that they can join in.

People want to sit? Sit. People want to stand? Stand. Yes even it there are 10 thousand people and you are the one doing it. Either way it's your choice but don't bitch if other people are standing up.

It's a goddamn rock concert not a John Tesh show. If you can't handle the VERY LIKELY possibility that at a rock show the person in front of you is going to stand and enjoy the show?

Do everyone a favor and stay the f**k home.

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif trink38.gif

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (drgrendel @ May 30 2012, 12:30 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 30 2012, 09:25 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 29 2012, 06:54 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 29 2012, 06:45 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ May 29 2012, 05:43 PM)
Personally, I enjoy sitting down, relaxing, and taking in the music, rather than jumping around and flailing my arms like an asshole. smile.gif

Thank You goodpost.gif

MD?? Really?

I'm shocked! You're METALdad afterall...

ohmy.gif

laugh.gif I think you have it wrong . I agree with the others here that say "Go with the flow" That is what i have always done. Do you think i Sit during Slayer ? Hell no. I cannot take those people that when their wife lets them out of the house once a year , they think it's Prom Night all over agian . The same guy that is the Only one standing in a section of 300 people just so he can be seen , always looking over his shoulder to see if We are watching him act like an ass. I see this at almost Every show i go to and i have been going to shows since 1980 . Some bands, people Never sit down so i stand , no biggie . When the 40yr Prom Night guy is doing Leg Splits and Banging his head on his chair during Closer To The Heart , he needs a slap .

+1

I attend about 5-10 concerts per year. One thing I learned: I do not have the right to do what I want to do if it means offending a number of other people in the process. Guess my parents brought me up right.

THIS.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 30 2012, 11:52 AM)
^------ screw that. Everyone else is probably a shy loser too scared to being the only one standing up... cowering... hoping... praying that someone else will show some signs of fun so that they can join in.

People want to sit? Sit. People want to stand? Stand. Yes even it there are 10 thousand people and you are the one doing it. Either way it's your choice but don't bitch if other people are standing up.

It's a goddamn rock concert not a John Tesh show. If you can't handle the VERY LIKELY possibility that at a rock show the person in front of you is going to stand and enjoy the show?

I'm with you Godeater! Being 5'1" is a bitch at ANY concert! I NEED to stand to see and if I'm in the middle of a floor section I will stand on the chair if I have to. This is MY FAVORITE BAND SINCE 1976, if people around me don't like it tough shit! I paid for my ticket just like they did and it does not say "no standing" on that ticket!

It is inevitable that the guy who is 6'6" (and almost every guy around me at a rush show is) will be in front of me bobbing and weaving all night. This leaves me bobbing and weaving behind him standing on my tippee toes trying to see. I will do what I have to, to see the show. rantoff.gif

Nowadays because I'm an old geezer old.gif and have ADA issues this problem doesn't affect me as much.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 30 2012, 12:52 PM)

Being at a rock show or any other kind of show doesn't give you the right to ruin someone else's night. That's not an excuse. What you're describing is incredibly selfish.

And that bit where you say that people should just stay home if they don't agree... that's adorable.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ May 30 2012, 02:03 PM)

I'm with you Godeater! Being 5'1" is a bitch at ANY concert! I NEED to stand to see and if I'm in the middle of a floor section I will stand on the chair if I have to. This is MY FAVORITE BAND SINCE 1976, if people around me don't like it tough shit! I paid for my ticket just like they did and it does not say "no standing" on that ticket!

It is inevitable that the guy who is 6'6" (and almost every guy around me at a rush show is) will be in front of me bobbing and weaving all night. This leaves me bobbing and weaving behind him standing on my tippee toes trying to see. I will do what I have to, to see the show. rantoff.gif

Nowadays because I'm an old geezer old.gif and have ADA issues this problem doesn't affect me as much.

And they say my generation has an entitlement problem. Wow, you've been a fan since 1976, I guess that means the rest of us owe you something? Maybe you deserve to sit up on the stage with the band?

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 30 2012, 03:21 PM)
Being at a rock show or any other kind of show doesn't give you the right to ruin someone else's night. That's not an excuse. What you're describing is incredibly selfish.

And that bit where you say that people should just stay home if they don't agree... that's adorable.

goodpost.gif

Nowhere on the ticket is it written that the concert-goer has any right to block other people's view.

Concert venues and their staffs allow fans to stand. They don't have to allow it. Standing and doing your thing is a privilege - not a right.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ May 30 2012, 03:03 PM)

So wouldn't you rather sit behind me who sits, so you could see without hobbling about on your tip-toes all night? laugh.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 30 2012, 04:21 PM)

Being at an opera doesn't give me the right to stand up and make noise, but going to a rock concert does! You can call me self entitled all you want, but the truth is the self entitled assholes are the ones who get mad about standing, or clapping, or drunk people, or noise or the waft of doobage.... at ROCK CONCERTS.

A recent show I went to in Toronto the wheelchair accessible area was the row right behind me. Broke my heart, but nobody had to ask me to sit down for that show, that is different from able bodied possible lazy and/or prudish wet blankets at shows.

You know where this self entitled sitters rubbish leads to? People attending general admission concerts, outdoor festivals, bringing their stupid lawn chairs near the front and bitching when people stand around them or don't "respect" the little real estate claim they've made. It's true, it happens here in Ottawa for the Bluesfest festival we have.

Stay home bitches, you wont have fun probably no matter what and nobody else enjoys you being there.

I'm sure I don't come across this way here on the forum sometimes, but I'm quite respectful at concerts believe it or not. But I stand. And I dance and party my ass off. Of the ~30 Rush concerts I've been lucky enough to attend, probably had incidents with the people behind me at five of them. Including arseholes who complained to security. Guess what? Nothing happened. Not once. Unless you are being very unruly, drunk off your ASS and making a scene, people are EXPECTED to stand at rock concerts. Security expects this. You think they will tell people to sit at a Van Halen show or threaten to remove people? As I said, reality check. Keep dreaming of witnessing the improbable case where someone gets kicked out for standing. Hahaha.

Around the time of the last Rush tour we had some champ here also talking about how people who stand at Rush shows are assholes. They even bragged that they lied to security that the people in front of them were doing cocaine at the show to have them brought away to get hassled.

You may as well go the mall and complain that people are standing around. If you don't get the fact that it is a rock concert with no rules requiring people to sit. Reality check.

Complain all you want and dream for a RUSH TOUR where everyone sits politely and the band thinks "what a bunch of duds, what a shitty show".

In the meantime I will be going ape shit, standing and rocking out at every Rush concert I go to for the rest of my life.

If you don't like it and don't want to stay home, I might suggest the lawn, I do this now and then for a different perspective on the show and there is always plenty of room to find an unobstructed view.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ May 30 2012, 04:03 PM)

*bear hug*

QUOTE (beherit @ May 30 2012, 04:01 PM)
If the band can stand, the audience can to. Quit being pussies.

Quit the childish remarks and try disagreeing like an adult.

It seems the closer you are to the stage, the greater the possibility that people will be standing.

Perhaps if you are on the upper level and towards the back of the venue, more people will be sitting.

This seems like a touchy subject to folks, but it is a rock concert after all.

I can see if we're talking about James Taylor, or someone a bit softer.

I'm just about 50 and I'll be standing, jumping, clapping, singing, cheering and having the time of my life...no disrespect to those who prefer to sit.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ May 30 2012, 05:39 PM)

You're right, Godeater's remarks about people like YOU being "bitches" were far more mature.

QUOTE (beherit @ May 30 2012, 06:45 PM)

You're right, Godeater's remarks about people like YOU being "bitches" were far more mature.

"but officer, that guy was speeding, too!"

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ May 30 2012, 06:48 PM)

"but officer, that guy was speeding, too!"

Yes, this is just like getting pulled over by a cop.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 30 2012, 05:33 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 30 2012, 04:21 PM)

Being at an opera doesn't give me the right to stand up and make noise, but going to a rock concert does! You can call me self entitled all you want, but the truth is the self entitled assholes are the ones who get mad about standing, or clapping, or drunk people, or noise or the waft of doobage.... at ROCK CONCERTS.

A recent show I went to in Toronto the wheelchair accessible area was the row right behind me. Broke my heart, but nobody had to ask me to sit down for that show, that is different from able bodied possible lazy and/or prudish wet blankets at shows.

You know where this self entitled sitters rubbish leads to? People attending general admission concerts, outdoor festivals, bringing their stupid lawn chairs near the front and bitching when people stand around them or don't "respect" the little real estate claim they've made. It's true, it happens here in Ottawa for the Bluesfest festival we have.

Stay home bitches, you wont have fun probably no matter what and nobody else enjoys you being there.

I'm sure I don't come across this way here on the forum sometimes, but I'm quite respectful at concerts believe it or not. But I stand. And I dance and party my ass off. Of the ~30 Rush concerts I've been lucky enough to attend, probably had incidents with the people behind me at five of them. Including arseholes who complained to security. Guess what? Nothing happened. Not once. Unless you are being very unruly, drunk off your ASS and making a scene, people are EXPECTED to stand at rock concerts. Security expects this. You think they will tell people to sit at a Van Halen show or threaten to remove people? As I said, reality check. Keep dreaming of witnessing the improbable case where someone gets kicked out for standing. Hahaha.

Around the time of the last Rush tour we had some champ here also talking about how people who stand at Rush shows are assholes. They even bragged that they lied to security that the people in front of them were doing cocaine at the show to have them brought away to get hassled.

You may as well go the mall and complain that people are standing around. If you don't get the fact that it is a rock concert with no rules requiring people to sit. Reality check.

Complain all you want and dream for a RUSH TOUR where everyone sits politely and the band thinks "what a bunch of duds, what a shitty show".

In the meantime I will be going ape shit, standing and rocking out at every Rush concert I go to for the rest of my life.

If you don't like it and don't want to stay home, I might suggest the lawn, I do this now and then for a different perspective on the show and there is always plenty of room to find an unobstructed view.

trink39.gif

Trust me, people will bitch and bleed on the lawn too. In fact, that's usually where the sit-down folks are.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ May 30 2012, 06:39 PM)

Was a fair point though. People expect a 309 year old Geddy to rip out the double necked bass for 7 hours but some people don't want to stand up?

#HEAVY

Actually, I didn't see godeater's remarks until now. They're just as childish as yours.

People like ME? You know nothing about me. I almost always stand at concerts, but I don't act like a childish prick while doing it. I don't call people "bitches" or "pussies". I show respect for the fans around me, and I always work it out with them. Maybe someday, when you grow up, you'll be able to work it out, too.