Iron Maiden "Seventh Son of A Seventh Son"

jesse2112

I'm not a huge Maiden fan but occasionally I'll listen to them. Well I just acquired a copy of "Seventh Son of A Seventh Son" today and gave it a spin. It effin rocks! 1022.gif At times I would call it progressive metal. Anyway I'm going to see them at Sarnia Bayfest and now I'm even more excited because I guess Seventh Son is going to be the centrepiece of their upcoming tour. Edited by jesse2112

I'm not much of a Maiden fan, either, but they do have a 'sweet spot' for me (Powerslave/Somewhere In Time/7th Son)

7th Son is a 'good' record, but it's the tail-end of that trio

that said, The Clairvoyant?

ridiculous!

For me, the first seven albums are all masterpieces!

UP THE IRONS 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

I would not call it a Masterpiece but it's a great album . Never too late to get into the mighty Maiden 1022.gif

Excellent record! For me, Beast through Powerslave was the ultimate. I like SIT better than SSOASS. Still, classic Maiden.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ May 22 2012, 04:32 AM)
Excellent record! For me, Beast through Powerslave was the ultimate. I like SIT better than SSOASS. Still, classic Maiden.

i totally agree with this.

i'm stoked to see the Maiden England tour with the Seventh Son featured prominently.

when i chose a Maiden album to listen to (which i do almost as much as Rush) it's Powerslave, Number of the Beast, Killers, Piece of Mind, Somewhere in Time before Seventh Son.

there's a lot of love out there for Infinite Dreams which i can't figure out but respect that folks really dig it.

Clairvoyant is nuts and i'd bet big that it will be in the upcoming setlist.

QUOTE (Dream-Theater*#2358 @ Jun 1 2012, 07:43 PM)
This album is just killer 1022.gif ! I do agree with some people that it is kind of a progressive metal album (the title track especially). I am actually seeing them this summer. MAIDEN ENGLAND 2012!!! 1022.gif 1287.gif

We've written about "Seventh Son" many times on this board.

For me it's their last masterpiece. "Seventh Son" is the zenith of their catalog.

Then again "Killers" will always be the greatest Iron Maiden album ever.

UP THE IRONS!

1022.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 2 2012, 04:03 AM)
QUOTE (Dream-Theater*#2358 @ Jun 1 2012, 07:43 PM)
This album is just killer  1022.gif ! I do agree with some people that it is kind of a progressive metal album (the title track especially). I am actually seeing them this summer. MAIDEN ENGLAND 2012!!!  1022.gif  1287.gif

We've written about "Seventh Son" many times on this board.

For me it's their last masterpiece. "Seventh Son" is the zenith of their catalog.

Then again "Killers" will always be the greatest Iron Maiden album ever.

UP THE IRONS!

1022.gif

Earl is the world's biggest KREATOR fan everyone! And he often does nothing but listen to Testament 24/7 for months on end! He's insane for these bands! If he says anything else he's lying!

1022.gif