Do you think that Roadrunner Records.

losingit2k

The only person responsible for any angst and animosity over the release of a new album is one's self. It's totally self-inflicted.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna sue the manufacturer of my tea kettle because it's not making water boil fast enough for me.... bitchslap.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 15 2012, 11:11 PM)
Do you think that Roadrunner records is at least partially responsible for all this angst and animosity? Don't you think we are all just a bit on edge cause we all know that their is a finished product out there and they are holding its release just a make a few more bucks.

Of course this has no refection or anything to do with  2.gif. I may be naive but I personally think its out of their hands. I'm placing the blame strictly on the executives of Roadrunner Records.

I do believe things would be much more civil around here if we had Clockwork Angels in our hands already.

Any thoughts?

confused13.gif

Mass producing CDs / DVD-Roms, and cases and prepping them for shipping takes time.

Promoting a CD, building market interest and anticipation also takes time and money.

Roadrunner P & A have brilliantly capitalized on many different forms of media to get the word out there. Every little blurb you see, every interview Geddy does, everything thing is planned build to interest in the upcoming release.

I'm betting 1 or 2 roadrunner folks have accounts on this board and are monitoring the buzz around here...

In fact, they're probably reading this right now.

Spooky...

Kudos to Roadrunner for promoting the biggest cult band in the world as the biggest band on your label. The boys must feel great about it.

There is no abnormal delay here.

The only "angst" is self-created by those impatient folks who dont understand that it takes time to release a product to market.

This isnt some indie band who can just cut MP3's and put them out on iTunes in 3 days. RUSH are a major band who take a lot of pride in the packaging that goes along with the record they just made.

Pressing CD's, Printing the booklets along with the tray liners and all the other promotional material takes time.

Again... Vapor Trails was finished in January of '02 - released May '02

Clockwork Angels finished February '12 - released June '12.

It's the exact same timeframe.

Stop stressing yourselves out.

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 15 2012, 10:29 PM)
It is very typical for lead times to be 3-4 months after an album is finished.
The record company needs to take time to develop marketing strategies, production and promotions.

Vapor Trails was finished in January of '02 and not released until May.
This is how the industry works.

I'm not at all anxious or upset.

RR looks at the calender, sees what other releases are on the schedule and picks a date that looks best for an album to have the most success. Thats all.

Yep, the only thing that's changed is that with the internet there's an expectation of getting everything immediately.

Before the internet we all wouldn't be gathering to talk about this stuff 24 hours a day. We wouldn't have had early comments on Twitter about the new single. We wouldn't have had track by track reviews. Or 30 second audio teasers which are coming. Or teaser artwork. And constant interviews with the band. And on and on and on. If you were lucky you went to the mall and asked for a new release sheet at the record store and it just said "Rush - new album - TBD" several months in advance and then maybe, again if you were lucky, you'd hear the single a month or more before the album was released. That's it. It was the exact same long wait but people didn't have access to a continuous trail of candy leading up to it like they do now.

Hi, Im actually Geddy in disguise and I am enjoying all you guys squirm.....but trust me, it's our best album ever, so the squirms will be worth it. We check in here from time to time in between soups...

Oh, and as Neil once said, get a life...........

Alex is sitting right to me laughing his arse off at this forum....and you think we entertain you guys?

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 16 2012, 12:11 AM)
Do you think that Roadrunner records is at least partially responsible for all this angst and animosity? Don't you think we are all just a bit on edge cause we all know that their is a finished product out there and they are holding its release just a make a few more bucks.

Of course this has no refection or anything to do with 2.gif. I may be naive but I personally think its out of their hands. I'm placing the blame strictly on the executives of Roadrunner Records.

I do believe things would be much more civil around here if we had Clockwork Angels in our hands already.

Any thoughts?

confused13.gif

I want to hear the new album as much as the next guy, but it will come out when it comes out. I have to many other things to worry about to develop "angst and animosity" towards Roadrunner for not releasing it earlier. It's been 5 years since S&A, another month or two is no big deal.

Of course this has no refection or anything to do with 2.gif. I may be naive but I personally think its out of their hands. I'm placing the blame strictly on the executives of Roadrunner Records.

Any thoughts?

confused13.gif

Seriously?

Dude, it's a rock album - not a kidney.

PR machine is in full swing. Tickets are being sold, reviews are coming out, anticipation is being built up.

Smart.

QUOTE (eshine @ May 16 2012, 03:25 PM)

Of course this has no refection or anything to do with  2.gif. I may be naive but I personally think its out of their hands. I'm placing the blame strictly on the executives of Roadrunner Records.

Any thoughts?

confused13.gif

Seriously?

Dude, it's a rock album - not a kidney.

LOL that was funny.

I am pumped.....enjoy the build up.

QUOTE (Slack jaw gaze @ May 16 2012, 03:52 PM)
QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ May 16 2012, 10:32 AM)
Mass producing CDs / DVD-Roms, and cases and prepping them for shipping takes time.

You mean stores don't just wave a magic wand and the items appear on shelves magically like people seem to think?

Great....just great....next thing you're going to say is that Santa Clause doesn't really exist! Stop lyin!! fists crying.gif

I used to work retail in an industry that would routinely let magazines review products up to two years prior to the product's actual release. This is nothin' compared to the frustration that caused. Edited by Merely Space

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ May 16 2012, 06:09 PM)
You think there's angst now?  Just wait until CA is released. firedevil.gif

It's going to be an apocalyptic firestorm of anger, bitterness, and dissapointment around here, at least from a few.  1287.gif  waffen093.gif  smash.gif  banghead.gif  waffen093.gif  blah.gif  rage.gif  facepalm.gif

Oh well, at least most of us will enjoy the album (hopefully). tongue.gif

There are a lot of people who don't pay attention like we do on this forum who are going to be thrown for a loop when it gets released. On many other non-Rush music forums and places like youtube people have set themselves up for a non-stop metal album and they're going to be pissed as hell to find mellow stuff and strings.

Here's just one example of tons from Caravan on youtube posted the other day, I've seen so many posts with this same sentiment. I'm afraid releasing the 3 songs they have is creating a distorted view of what the album will be.

With these three new singles heard,its afe to assume the album is going to be the best rush album in twenty years.No synth.No orchestra.Just good heavy music.Good to see rush returning to thier roots.

As I've said on similar threads, I just can't even understand where people are coming from with this stuff. They act like Rush has been making albums that sound like Hold Your Fire for the past 30 years. There's a constant chant of "Yeah, no keyboards" and "They're going back to rock!" that makes me wonder where these people have been for the last 20 years. It's just bizarre. When that guy above hears strings all over the album, even on the songs he's already heard, he and others like him are going to feel tricked but it's their own damn fault.

Edited by snowdog2112

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ May 16 2012, 04:32 PM)
QUOTE (Slack jaw gaze @ May 16 2012, 03:52 PM)
QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ May 16 2012, 10:32 AM)

You mean stores don't just wave a magic wand and the items appear on shelves magically like people seem to think?

Great....just great....next thing you're going to say is that Santa Clause doesn't really exist! Stop lyin!! fists crying.gif

Santana doesn't exist? Oh wait it's Santa....Disregard!

tongue.gif

Edited by losingit2k