RUSH Cornhole

tripdad

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Queslington @ May 12 2012, 09:13 AM)
I can't believe many of you people never heard of cornhole. I guess it really is just an Ohio thing, we play it all the time over here. It's sort of like horseshoes (kind of).

Awesome boards, btw

Must be a regional thing because it sure as hell isn't a board game where I come from laugh.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ May 12 2012, 10:23 AM)
QUOTE (Queslington @ May 12 2012, 09:13 AM)
I can't believe many of you people never heard of cornhole. I guess it really is just an Ohio thing, we play it all the time over here. It's sort of like horseshoes (kind of).

Awesome boards, btw

Must be a regional thing because it sure as hell isn't a board game where I come from laugh.gif

Me neither no.gif

This will tell you how popular cornhole is in Ohio.

I live in central ohio. There's a strip mall my boyfriend and I often go to as there's a lot of good places to eat around there. We also pass by this house, that has like 8 different custom cornhole boards out in front of it. And the sign is like "get your custom cornhole boards here!". Last time I passed by there was one with a skull, one with the Jagermeister logo on it, one with Captain Morgan on it... mmm those are all the ones I remember. As you can probably tell, drunk people like playing cornhole.

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ May 12 2012, 10:03 AM)

I live in central ohio. There's a strip mall my boyfriend and I often go to as there's a lot of good places to eat around there. We also pass by this house, that has like 8 different custom cornhole boards out in front of it. And the sign is like "get your custom cornhole boards here!". Last time I passed by there was one with a skull, one with the Jagermeister logo on it, one with Captain Morgan on it... mmm those are all the ones I remember. As you can probably tell, drunk people like playing cornhole.

Yup, people just love to show off their artistic abilities by making these boards. I see them sold at fairs all the time and like you said, in front of people's houses. I think it's pretty cool and fun to play. My neighbors play it ALL the time (and coincidentally they always have a beer in their hand)

To reiterate, I'm pretty sure it's an Ohio/Kentucky thing. Because you know, we're rednecks and all tongue.gif

I think its so weird that outside of Ohio people see us as "rednecks". Guess they haven't been to Ohio.

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ May 13 2012, 12:56 AM)

I think its so weird that outside of Ohio people see us as "rednecks". Guess they haven't been to Ohio.

That depends on what part of Ohio you're from.

You can instantly tell whether someone is from North Ohio vs. South Ohio. laugh.gif I get lots of "Oh, you must be from Michigan?". "Nope, Cleveland born."

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ May 11 2012, 08:57 PM)
I can't believe some people here don't know what cornhole is. Is it just an Ohio thing? huh.gif

Btw, a lot of you have DIRTY minds!

Not at all. I live in NY, and many people here know what cornhole is. I play it with friends and family all the time over summer during cookouts.

@OP: Really cool! I'd love to play with that!

So, after looking up what cornhole (heehee) the game actually is it turns out I do know what it is. Like Storm Shadow said, we call it the bean bag toss to. Which is what i've known it by for many years. Those are commonly played at picnics and at carnivals around here. It's not an obssesion with people playing it everywhere and selling all kinds of boards for it but it's usually a spring/summer time activity people do.

It's funny but the name bean bag can also have a dirty meaning to. So, no matter what you call it you're still using a word with a dirty meaning to describe the game laugh.gif

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 14 2012, 06:25 AM)
My wife's family in Iowa plays this. They call it bean bag toss though. If someone asked "wanna play cornhole?" I would be running the other way. rofl3.gif

Cornhole. rofl3.gif

rofl3.gif

Cornhole....

spit6ph.gif

Well, we are not lacking in rednecks here in Texas, but I never heard of anything like this. We prefer livestock to wooden planks. smile.gif

HOWEVER, If I were driving down the road and saw those for sell in someones front yard, regardless of what they are supposed to be used for, I would most certainly slam on my brakes, back up, and buy me a set! yes.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ May 11 2012, 10:39 PM)
Cornholes popular in Kentucky, too! I love it! biggrin.gif

Yep....anything with "hole" is popular in Ky.

i was visiting my inlaws in tennessee and my mother in law said they had some new neighbors. these particular neighbors just moved in from indiana and they like to play cornhole. she wanted to know if i had ever played it.

well, i started giggling to myself. childish i know but i couldn't help it.

i was thinking, "damn, old lady, coming on a bit strong aren't ya?"

if she asks about playing Jersey Plug, i'm gonna start asking questions.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ May 14 2012, 05:21 PM)
They're bringing cornholing to Tennessee now? Crap.

I love how Tennessee folk act like they're too good for a little cornholin' tongue.gif

You guys ought to lighten up and try it sometime! I'm from Connecticut, and I love Cornhole! laugh.gif

Some very funny posts! I had no idea this thread would spin off in this direction. Honestly though I never knew the term cornhole had that meaning. Which is good I didnt know that! Ha

Anyway, the game is also on the Nintendo Wii...it's called Pro Bags on that system. I don't know the origin of the game, but I always figured it was called cornhole because the bags are filled with corn versus beans or plastic pellets and you throw the bag into a hole!

I found another picture of a RUSH cornhole set...Vapor Trails theme. This dude hand painted his.

http://www.cornholegameplayers.com/forum/v....php?f=14&t=312

Maybe I should bring my set to RushCon...we can have a mini tournament!

2.gif

QUOTE (tripdad @ May 14 2012, 06:24 PM)
Some very funny posts! I had no idea this thread would spin off in this direction. Honestly though I never knew the term cornhole had that meaning. Which is good I didnt know that! Ha

Anyway, the game is also on the Nintendo Wii...it's called Pro Bags on that system. I don't know the origin of the game, but I always figured it was called cornhole because the bags are filled with corn versus beans or plastic pellets and you throw the bag into a hole!

I found another picture of a RUSH cornhole set...Vapor Trails theme. This dude hand painted his.

http://www.cornholegameplayers.com/forum/v....php?f=14&t=312

Maybe I should bring my set to RushCon...we can have a mini tournament!

2.gif

*pro-bags* **snrk** This thread is too funny!

The VT cornhole planks are very nice, but your CA ones are quite superior!

I'd never heard of it until I met my boyfriend's family (who are from this area, but a bit more rural). Haven't played yet...if I find any games going on at any of the Rush shows, I'll have to get in on it.

QUOTE (Bone Roller @ May 14 2012, 10:56 PM)
i was visiting my inlaws in tennessee and my mother in law said they had some new neighbors.  these particular neighbors just moved in from indiana and they like to play cornhole.  she wanted to know if i had ever played it.

well, i started giggling to myself.  childish i know but i couldn't help it.

i was thinking, "damn, old lady, coming on a bit strong aren't ya?"

if she asks about playing Jersey Plug, i'm gonna start asking questions.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 11 2012, 07:47 PM)
Gotta admit, this isn't what I expected when I opened this thread. Not sure what I was thinking.... ph34r.gif

I know what you were thinking, hah.

And yeah, I don't know what those red things are either.

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ May 17 2012, 04:52 AM)
http://i.imgur.com/V33ZO.jpg

So many jokes...

Must resist the urge....