Alex Lifeson: The High Times Interview

Jag2112

"Do things go better with pot?" Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I find that you can be very imaginative when stoned, you can be very creative - but implementation is sometimes difficult. In the past, there have been times when I've been really inspired in writing and came up with things that I would never otherwise think up."

That explains a lot cool10.gif

You know, you hear stories about how certain bands get along, or don't get along - separate dressing rooms, separate travel arrangements; they don't say a word to each other for a whole tour. I can't possibly imagine something like that.

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

That article almost makes me want to cool10.gif but, alas, those days are over for me.

There are arguments on both sides, but I think the powers that be should at least de-criminalize pot. Alex's views are shared by a large majority of people whether they smoke the stuff or not.

Edited by drbirdsong

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Apr 20 2012, 01:37 PM)
We just recorded a string section yesterday for five of the songs

I should hope so......six strings on Alex's guitar, and four strings on Geddy's bass......

cool.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 20 2012, 01:33 PM)
You know, you hear stories about how certain bands get along, or don't get along - separate dressing rooms, separate travel arrangements; they don't say a word to each other for a whole tour. I can't possibly imagine something like that.

well, al and ged do have separate travel arrangements than neil

QUOTE (gedfan @ Apr 20 2012, 03:42 PM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 20 2012, 01:33 PM)

well, al and ged do have separate travel arrangements than neil

Neil said that it's because they are too chicken-shit to be real men and ride motorcyles, like he does......

wink.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Apr 20 2012, 11:37 AM)

That was a hell of a lot more interesting to me than all the BS about pot. I guess if Architectural Digest interviewed them they'd talk about their houses and shit.

Anyway, I can only hope for strings - it's not keyboards, but it'd still be damn cool!

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 20 2012, 05:20 PM)

That was a hell of a lot more interesting to me than all the BS about pot. I guess if Architectural Digest interviewed them they'd talk about their houses and shit.

Anyway, I can only hope for strings - it's not keyboards, but it'd still be damn cool!

I think the band will employ just about any musical instrument if they think it will help the song sound good. Piano, mandolin, synth, vibraslap, or a full symphony orchestra......

.......and more power to them! 1022.gif

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u351/Discipleoflerxst/Neiljoint.jpg

Look at this picture.

They are baked and I firmly believe (and have always since I first saw this picture) that a joint was photoshopped out of Neils fingers. He is, or was clearly holding a joint when this picture was taken and Alex confirmed it (in my eyes) in the High Times article.

Guess this answers the thread from a while ago asking if the boys ever did drugs.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 20 2012, 05:20 PM)

I'm in complete agreement , This was the only part of the interview that actually caught my attention! I think I actually might finally be hearing

Losing It live, ! I can onloy hope!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

That was a great interview. Lots of neat stuff and the date is quite apropos wink.gif

Now I would love to http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/smilies/rollit.gif with Alex.

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Apr 20 2012, 07:25 PM)
http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u351/Discipleoflerxst/Neiljoint.jpg

Look at this picture.

They are baked and I firmly believe (and have always since I first saw this picture) that a joint was photoshopped out of Neils fingers. He is, or was clearly holding a joint when this picture was taken and Alex confirmed it (in my eyes) in the High Times article.

Guess this answers the thread from a while ago asking if the boys ever did drugs.

they just finished making caress of steel. cool10.gif

2.gif As fine a trio of stoner, high school dropouts as there ever was.

And look where it got them. Me, on the other hand, clean with a PhD and stuck inside working on a brilliant day. angry.gif

Edited by Animate

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Apr 21 2012, 07:56 AM)
QUOTE (HowItIs @ Apr 21 2012, 02:53 AM)
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/smilies/rollit.gif

I absolutely love this smiley!!!

Feel free to snag it cool.gif

"I wouldn't do anything like that now, I won't even take a sip of beer before a show. Back in tha day me and Neil would toke up before shows."

Yeah, not sure how well their current 3 hour shows would go with them high. A lot goes on haha. I personally wonder how alex keeps track of 3 hours of guitar notes to hit.