OH MY GOD!

GangsterOnBoats

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 20 2012, 08:27 AM)
QUOTE (Animate @ Apr 20 2012, 12:06 AM)
Frankly, Metal Evolution aside, I don't consider Rush to be Metal either.  But the love that series gave Rush was heart warming enough for me to wish I did.

Go to any book store that has a music section. If they have a book on the history of H.M., you will find Rush in it yes.gif

Certainly, Rush has greatly influenced the Metal community. Rush's influence on Metal artists will undoubtedly be their most significant musical legacy, and is obvious in many cases.

However, only a few elements of a few Rush songs could realistically be categorized as metal, in and of themselves, and most of their work is not metal in any form.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 20 2012, 08:25 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 19 2012, 09:32 PM)
QUOTE (Animate @ Apr 19 2012, 06:22 PM)
Led Zeppelin is the correct reference point for all things related to heavy music: hard rock, metal or otherwise.

Led Zeppelin is not metal, heavy or otherwise.

goodpost.gif You know what drives me insane ? When people call Zep Metal . Look up Black Sabbath and Deep Purple , that is Metal. Zep was a Blues Rock band . You people are killing me comp26.gif

I am copying this yet again because I want to make it clear that I do not think Zeppelin is metal.

Led Zeppelin is not metal by any stretch of the imagination, too much blues and acoustics and not enough speed or aggression.

But they are a great reference point to compare other forms of hard music (e.g. guitar/bass/drum riff-driven hard rock and heavy metal) because they excelled at it. Plus their influence on Rush is undeniable.

QUOTE (druid13 @ Apr 20 2012, 07:39 AM)
Lars is terrible.

Meg White is terrible.

Lars is over-rated.

All I have to say right now is that in the last 3 days I've heard Headlong Flight about 10 times, and I've heard Astra's album The Black Chord once. What's going through my head right now? Astra. Instrumental virtuosity is awesome - melody makes it stick.

Still, HF is a great song, just sayin...

QUOTE (druid13 @ Apr 20 2012, 07:39 AM)
is it OK to say I can't stand Metallica?

as one friend of mine said "any art they come up with is entirely by mistake and not design"

Lars is terrible.

The best (relative term)  period was Ride the Lightning etc...

Just never understood all the thrill over that headache producer.

in here it is, yeah.

watch what you say anywhere else though or you may be hunted down and shot like an animal

k m8?

Edited by lifeson90

Lars hit his peak with Master Of Puppets . He did some good work on Justice and then Metallica started making shit music and Lars never recovered laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 20 2012, 09:50 AM)
Lars hit his peak with Master Of Puppets . He did some good work on Justice and then Metallica started making shit music and Lars never recovered laugh.gif

It takes 3 Sir, or in Metallica's case 4 or 5? I actually thought their last album was pretty good.

confused13.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 20 2012, 10:24 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 20 2012, 09:50 AM)

It takes 3 Sir, or in Metallica's case 4 or 5? I actually thought their last album was pretty good.

confused13.gif

I like the last album also. I am talking from a drummer standpoint

Considering that Cliff Burnstein, the co-founder of Q-Prime Management and Metallica's manager, is the same Cliff Burnstein that initially signed Rush at Mercury records and mentioned in such classic Rush record liner notes as Moving Pictures, it actually is appropriate to talk Metallica in a Rush thread.

QUOTE (Animate @ Apr 20 2012, 10:44 AM)
Considering that Cliff Burnstein, the co-founder of Q-Prime Management and Metallica's manager, is the same Cliff Burnstein that initially signed Rush at Mercury records and mentioned in such classic Rush record liner notes as Moving Pictures, it actually is appropriate to talk Metallica in a Rush thread.

^ DUDE!!! RIGHT!!?1022.gif

nothing says, 'dudes, lets bring up Metallica!' than a thread titled: "OH MY GOD!, LISTEN TO HEADLONG FLIGHT NOW!!!!"

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Apr 20 2012, 10:50 AM)
QUOTE (Animate @ Apr 20 2012, 10:44 AM)
Considering that Cliff Burnstein,  the co-founder of Q-Prime Management and Metallica's manager, is the same Cliff Burnstein that initially signed Rush at Mercury records and mentioned in such classic Rush record liner notes as Moving Pictures, it actually is appropriate to talk Metallica in a Rush thread.

^ DUDE!!! RIGHT!!?1022.gif

nothing says, 'dudes, lets bring up Metallica!' than a thread titled: "OH MY GOD!, LISTEN TO HEADLONG FLIGHT NOW!!!!"

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Point taken! I will desist from being the very Headlong Flight buzz kill that pissed me off earlier in this thread

Back to our regular program

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Does anyone like a good Peanut Butter sandwich once and awhile ?

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 20 2012, 11:05 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 20 2012, 12:03 PM)

Just had one for breakfast, in fact. biggrin.gif

1022.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 20 2012, 11:05 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 20 2012, 11:03 AM)

no.gif

confused13.gif