OH MY GOD!

GangsterOnBoats

149 User(s) are reading this topic (82 Guests and 3 Anonymous Users):

Cygnus The God Of Balance, kena2112, canadianice, librarian, KW84, Strangiato, Godeater2112, Zanadoo, theanarchist, thizzellewashington, brunosamppa, InvisibleAirwaves13, Presto-digitation, FeelingUnlimited, mstmompj, Sticklight, chicagorush, Tai Shan, onthebeam, HemispheresserehpsimeH, USB Connector, jesse2112, gornhay, quantex, snowdog2112, driventotheedge, SlackJaw Gazer, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1, GangsterOnBoats, RUSHFREAK101, rushnmike, worthog, Dylan2712, KenJennings, ReRushed, jacklifeson, GeddyRulz, iluvgeddy05, Pound of Obscure, rushfr:CP, cygnify, Xanadoood, PeartInTraining, Storm Shadow, RenoRush, Nate1647, gedfan, Huskerspheres, The K Man, Smegger68, toscanobarga, tjtull, ChiliFan, Powderfinger, WCFIELDS, grooloops, bruggy66, darth by tor, madra sneachta, wilb1972, Knice, furie, BrightAntennae, greg2112

bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 18 2012, 11:54 AM)
8th listen, this gets better and better!

Anyone in Canada know a brand of beer where you get a free pair of underwear in a 2x4?

Thanks in advance!

eh.gif

Molson Canadian, not sure about the undies, but it will give you the shits 2.gif

Edited by canadianice

QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ Apr 18 2012, 12:55 PM)
Cygnus The God Of Balance, kena2112, canadianice, librarian, KW84, Strangiato, Godeater2112, Zanadoo, theanarchist, thizzellewashington, brunosamppa, InvisibleAirwaves13, Presto-digitation, FeelingUnlimited, mstmompj, Sticklight, chicagorush, Tai Shan, onthebeam, HemispheresserehpsimeH, USB Connector, jesse2112, gornhay, quantex, snowdog2112, driventotheedge, SlackJaw Gazer, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1, GangsterOnBoats, RUSHFREAK101, rushnmike, worthog, Dylan2712, KenJennings, ReRushed, jacklifeson, GeddyRulz, iluvgeddy05, Pound of Obscure, rushfr:CP, cygnify, Xanadoood, PeartInTraining, Storm Shadow, RenoRush, Nate1647, gedfan, Huskerspheres, The K Man, Smegger68, toscanobarga, tjtull, ChiliFan, Powderfinger, WCFIELDS, grooloops, bruggy66, darth by tor, madra sneachta, wilb1972, Knice, furie, BrightAntennae, greg2112

bekloppt.gif

Hey bro! bekloppt.gif When do you get to spin this up at your station? Hope things are groovy!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ Apr 18 2012, 12:56 PM)
Regardless of the stream quality, I played the song on the radio this afternoon at 12:14PM EST. I think I was the first radio station in the world to play the whole song!!! 1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

Wow, you beat me to it! Nice one!!!

QUOTE (canadianice @ Apr 18 2012, 12:56 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 18 2012, 11:54 AM)
8th listen, this gets better and better!

Anyone in Canada know a brand of beer where you get a free pair of underwear in a 2x4?

Thanks in advance!

eh.gif

Molson Canadian, not sure about the undies, but it will give you the shits 2.gif

Forgive me, I am ESL, but I think the word for what I need is the "opposite" of what you said.

laugh.gif

Pretty freakin' metal. The person who said "freight train" was quite accurate IMO.

Dear Ged, Neil & Al,

Thanks guys. It's so cool seeing guys my age still kick total fu**ing ass.

In the immortal words of Monty Python,I have this to say.

My nipples explode with delight!

I am so pumped for this album!!

http://cdn.overclock.net/f/f2/f25c58c5_fry_shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpeg

1022.gif 1022.gif 653.gif 653.gif yes.gif yes.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif common001.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 18 2012, 11:57 AM)
QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ Apr 18 2012, 12:55 PM)

bekloppt.gif

Hey bro! bekloppt.gif When do you get to spin this up at your station? Hope things are groovy!

trink39.gif

I already did during lunch at 12:14. I was a bit scared because I was playing the stream and there were a couple of hiccups at the beginning.

Holy motherlovin' shit!

One listen, and I'm in love. This album is going to ROCK!! Personally, sounds to me like the heaviest, most progressive thing Rush has done in thirty years.

Don't understand the bitching about the compression, but then again, I'm no audiophile. I have earbuds plugged into the computer and it sounds awesome to me. Geddy's bass and vocals: ME LIKEY!!

Edited by GeddyRulz

Verrry nice indeed!! This song really is Rush at they're most intense! To me it sounds like the sort of thing that the Vapor Trails album was aiming to be but never quite made. Sounds like they're hitting the nail on the head this time round though! Very excited about the new album now biggrin.gif Edited by Drummerrobin

I am liking it a lot, but wishing Alex had more than a 20 second solo. Geddy is really awesome with respect to tone and clarity of his bass notes. Neil is phenomenal as usual.

So all in all, yeah, I got a nice boner to contend with before I go back to work.

Lemme put on some Vapor Trails to bring this bad boy back down before I head back....

smile.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 18 2012, 11:19 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 18 2012, 10:17 AM)
As usual, the 30 second clip really doesn't say much about the song at all - I think we drool over these 30-second previews only because they're often all we have at first, but they remarkably say very little about an entire song.

I was just thinking the same thing. It's not evocative of Bastille Day at all to me, and that's what everyone seemed to latch onto.

I don't have expectations of any of the album sounding like early Rush like By-Tor or Bastille Day. Rush have always been about moving forward....in a 'Headlong Flight'!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 653.gif

effin' rocks!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/bevbuttrock.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/dig5.gif

Oh my God, this is brilliant!!

Rush, as Rush should be. This is serious rock!!

I love the groove on the "I stoke the fire of the big steel wheels" line, and that guitar solo!

This is the three of them at their best, both individually and as a band.

And to think there's more songs of a similar length to come, bring it on!!!!!

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ Apr 18 2012, 01:04 PM)
Did anyone else notice the mistake on the stream player from RS? It said the record label is Atlantic Records! And I thought it was weird that it was not using the new graphics that we've seen for the single and the album.

Yeah I let Jeremy @ RoadRunner know it's wrong label plus the Caravan graphics. He's looking into having it fixed.

trink39.gif