Digital HF release date confirmed

Tai Shan

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 16 2012, 12:24 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 15 2012, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 15 2012, 12:50 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 15 2012, 07:23 PM)
If the US gets a radio edit and UK gets the full version, there's a real simple solution. Download the UK version from a sharing site. Problem solved.

Yeah because dishonesty is always the best policy!

If the label is stupid enough to put out a radio edit in the US and an album track in the UK, then they get what they deserve. If if eases your conscience, buy the radio edit and download the UK version so you can say you paid for the song.

One

thing I do know, bitching about it here ain't gonna change a thing.

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

Piracy isn't cheating if you already bought the product people! confused13.gif

What are you, 8 yrs old or something?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 15 2012, 05:52 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 16 2012, 12:24 AM)
If the US gets a radio edit and UK gets the full version, there's a real simple solution. Download the UK version from a sharing site. Problem solved.

If the label is stupid enough to put out a radio edit in the US and an album track in the UK, then they get what they deserve. If if eases your conscience, buy the radio edit and download the UK version so you can say you paid for the song.

One

thing I do know, bitching about it here ain't gonna change a thing.

What are you, 8 yrs old or something?

The hallmark of any rational argument.

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 15 2012, 05:24 PM)

One thing I do know, bitching about it here ain't gonna change a thing.

I downloaded the new Astra album a week before its release...but a couple of months before I pre-ordered the CD (which, unbelievably, I STILL have not received), as well as the LP. They got my money. What's wrong with downloading the album if I already paid for it? Twice?

Hopefully I can swing that with Clockwork Angels, but I'm positive that will not happen.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Apr 15 2012, 08:13 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 15 2012, 05:24 PM)

One thing I do know, bitching about it here ain't gonna change a thing.

I downloaded the new Astra album a week before its release...but a couple of months before I pre-ordered the CD (which, unbelievably, I STILL have not received), as well as the LP. They got my money. What's wrong with downloading the album if I already paid for it? Twice?

Hopefully I can swing that with Clockwork Angels, but I'm positive that will not happen.

That was my point. trink39.gif

confused13.gif Haters gonna hate... confused13.gif

Hi guys, new poster (but long long time lurker here.)

Just wanted to chime in that there will probably be a 30 second preview of the song available on that Amazon link before the single is available (as a different 30 second cut than what was released last week.) So keep on the look out for a possible teaser from Amazon throughout the week, and of course we'll have the single before the week's end regardless!

Edited by Devon

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 15 2012, 02:04 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 15 2012, 11:56 AM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 15 2012, 11:45 AM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/reedlover/CP%20Pics/1cc22700.jpg

Says 7:20...

That's way better than the album art...

It's not even close. SOOO much better than the red swirly mess that is the actual album cover.

This has been the pattern recently, though. Remember when Snake Road Baby was released and the SnA cover ended up being Leela? About the same time, we got Dock Baby Rainbow that turned out to be the single cover for Far Cry. All of the single covers and song-booklet art in SnA are far superior to the Leela rehash. So far, the same is true for CA.

Maybe it's intentional - if the cover was really good, maybe people wouldn't look inside to explore the other images. This way, people look at the cover of the booklet and think, "Man, that sucks. What else is there?" Who knows, maybe they were setting it up to be easier to recognize when viewed on an iPod or mp3 screen while the album is playing.

QUOTE (Strangiato @ Apr 15 2012, 03:01 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 15 2012, 01:50 PM)

Because paying for a lesser version of the song when a full version is available is dishonesty.

yes.gif

This "dishonesty" argument is so full of BS.

I will likely do what I did with S&A.....download a copy of the song, and buy the best possible version of the album when it finally comes out.

I only believe in paying for music once, thanks.

RIAB UPDATE - 4/16@11:59AM: Reader ianian65 mentions in the comments that Darren Reddick from UK digital radio station Planet Rock has just announced on air that he will be playing the world's first exclusive hearing of Headlong Flight at approximagely 2:12PM (9:12AM EST) on April 19th.

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Apr 16 2012, 05:07 PM)
RIAB UPDATE - 4/16@11:59AM: Reader ianian65 mentions in the comments that Darren Reddick from UK digital radio station Planet Rock has just announced on air that he will be playing the world's first exclusive hearing of Headlong Flight at approximagely 2:12PM (9:12AM EST) on April 19th.

Awesome news! 2:12, another sort of 2112 reference.

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 15 2012, 03:04 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 15 2012, 11:56 AM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 15 2012, 11:45 AM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/reedlover/CP%20Pics/1cc22700.jpg

Says 7:20...

That's way better than the album art...

It's not even close. SOOO much better than the red swirly mess that is the actual album cover.

I could not agree more. While I don't mind the actual red album cover, this looks so much better. RUSH already had a red album cover!! I wish they would have went with this as the album cover.

I am glad that we will be getting the album version of HF instead of having to buy the radio edit. That was one of my only complaints...buying the shortened version then buying the longer version.

I can't wait. I am actually trying to stay away from here and RIAB as much as possible to make the wait easier!

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Apr 16 2012, 11:07 AM)

Sweet do they have an internet link you can hear it on?

Yes they Do! 9:12am I'm there!

http://www.planetrock.com/on-air/

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Apr 16 2012, 05:07 PM)

Oh crud!! I'm working that day! Can't they play it Friday when I've got the day off?! fists crying.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 15 2012, 02:23 PM)

If you have an Amazon acct, you can log-in to Amazon UK and just buy it on the 22nd, which is what I plan on doing.

Your log-in info works on both the US and the UK version of Amazon. yes.gif

The bad part for us in the US is waiting for them to ship the MP3 all the way from the UK!!! wink.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

How bout all you nancies just wait for the album to come out. wink.gif laugh.gif

Instead of worrying about when you can download it legally or illegally. It will be just as good or bad in June. Maybe you can here it twice on the radio before its removed from the playlist entirely in 1 week in favor of Fly By Night and Limelight.

Will DL from I-Tunes on the 24th.....can't wait!!!!

Here is an interesting link:

http://www.examiner.com/music-in-canada/ru...er-art-revealed

It explains the reason for the two different dates. You can order the mp3 from amazon on the 20th, but you can't actually get it until the 24th. Lame.

The good news is that the article mentions that if you buy the fan pack you will get the album one month early. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm glad I ordered it.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Apr 17 2012, 06:10 PM)
Here is an interesting link:

http://www.examiner.com/music-in-canada/ru...er-art-revealed

It explains the reason for the two different dates. You can order the mp3 from amazon on the 20th, but you can't actually get it until the 24th. Lame.

The good news is that the article mentions that if you buy the fan pack you will get the album one month early. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm glad I ordered it.

This whole "month early" thing has been taken way out of context.

The fanpack is from Classic Rock, as we know, who are a UK-based magazine. The UK release date is July 9th, so by getting it a month early, we are actually getting it at roughly the same time as the US and Canada. Great marketing strategy though.