• Like It
    • It's ok
    • Don't Like It
    • Hate It

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Apr 14 2012, 05:59 PM)
I enjoy the rampaging energy this one has.

Me too. I also love the way Alex uses the guitar for atmosphere and Ged's bass lines just flow. Both of these thing's remind me so much of GUP.(although much heavier version)

i can't explain it but even though bu2b sounds heavy i just don't find myself wanting to play it. it's not the lyrics, which i don't care for, that has me not listening to it but the overall feel when i listen to it. the music at the part where geddy sings, "all is for the best....", the guitar makes me cringe. the overuse of some of the same lines of lyrics that neil provided doesn't help the song. it's cool that so many like it but it doesn't do anything for me. Edited by ReflectedLight

I voted LIKE

As I said in the Caravan thread it's been 2 years so I have a good feel for the songs now.

Lyrically I think BU2B is the better of the 2, but musically Caravan wins.

I *LOVE* the line "...while our loving Watchmaker loves us all to death"

The 2 songs set an interesting tone for what could be coming with the album.

one of my fav rush tracks ever, everything so smooth clicking into place, ged's keyboards exquisitely subtle, Alex on controlled fire especially in the chorus, i always saw this is a kind of sister piece to earthshine for some reason

Two years later I can honestly say this has become one of my all-time favorite Rush songs. Lyrically and Musically, it's phenomenal. The lyrics and music really gel so well together. It's just a straightforward rock song that is totally the opposite of Caravan in it's lack of complexity and time changes

The middle part is my favorite of the song

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 14 2012, 07:28 PM)

I *LOVE* the line "...while our loving Watchmaker loves us all to death"

Hate that line, and the way Geddy sings it.

Love it. The instruments just manage to achieve this awesome sound that's full of energy, but at the same time the tempo is slow so there isn't too much energy. I like the lyrics because I can relate to them. I especially like how Ged's voice cuts out on the final time he says "death". It gave me chills the first 100 times or so I heard the song, now I'm used to it because I listen to it so often.

If I didn't have that connection with the lyrics, I would have said like it.

Don't like it. The riff is generic and too heavy too noisy sounding and, again, contains more of Neil's predictable "religion is bad/people are bad" lyrics that are crammed into the music. Caravan is much more enjoyable.

Like it. smile.gif

Caravan is better, but BU2B is pretty enjoyable too. My favorite part is "believe in what we're told, blind men in the market" and also the final time Ged sings "death" and the song cuts off. smile.gif