What Roadrunner Is Doing and Clockwork Angels

farcryoverspilledmilk

QUOTE (safetygirl2112 @ Apr 3 2012, 06:36 PM)
QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Apr 1 2012, 10:23 AM)
I still love how so many people think that Rush THEMSELVES, are the ones keeping the new album and single all "hush hush"...like Geddy, Alex, and Neil are all sitting together right now, in some fancy restaurant, going, "Lets see how crazy and impatient we can make our fans! Wouldn't that be f**king HILARIOUS!?!?!?! ROFL!!!!  rofl3.gif "

sarcasm.gif

It's ROADRUNNER. Roadrunner, folks...

This actually doesn't seem that far-fetched to me! I blame Lerxst! rofl3.gif

laugh.gif

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Apr 3 2012, 07:32 PM)
So folks are ANGRY because they can't get the new album BEFORE the release date? unsure.gif facepalm.gif tongue.gif

Technically we don't have a release date yet. That's why I started a thread about it. wink.gif

QUOTE (av450 @ Apr 3 2012, 08:51 PM)
I hope that roadrunners promotion works. That would be so cool if they finally got an album to hit no. 1 on the billboard

In the right week, you need only 125,000 copies...

What I find strange is the near total absence of Rush from the Roadrunner website. You really have to look just to see they're one of their bands.

No news, no hype. Nothing.

Rush has always had a terrible web presence (IMHO). Their website goes for months without being updated. But I would have thought Roadrunner would be all over this by now.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/

confused13.gif

The Rush.com website is always the last to post stuff because there are so many people that have to approve content before it can be put "out there."

If the Roadrunner PR machine is going to do any pre-release stuff, teases or "leaks" or whatever, it will need to happen today. Otherwise, they might as well just wait until April 19. This is baseball's opening week, the Masters starts tomorrow, Titanic 3D hits theatres, it's Easter . . . anything released tomorrow or over the next 5 days is going to get completely lost in the news cycle.

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Apr 4 2012, 11:47 AM)
If the Roadrunner PR machine is going to do any pre-release stuff, teases or "leaks" or whatever, it will need to happen today.  Otherwise, they might as well just wait until April 19.  This is baseball's opening week, the Masters starts tomorrow, Titanic 3D hits theatres, it's Easter . . . anything released tomorrow or over the next 5 days is going to get completely lost in the news cycle.

I dunno. As myself and others agreed upon earlier in this thread, the only people who even CARE about the single are diehard Rush fans like us. I don't know about you, but a new Rush song is more important than any of those other "news cycle" events you listed.

Among us, the only people who care about the single, a tease of it wouldn't get lost in the "cycle" at all.

Edited by GeddyRulz

Rush.com blows and there is really no reason to go there .

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 4 2012, 12:04 PM)

Aint that the truth. I'm tired of going there repeatedly over the last couple months only to see those damn blimps again. laugh.gif

That's true. Before this week, I hadn't been there in maybe two years, perhaps more.

But if they put a snippet of the new song on their website, DING DING DING, we'd all be hitting it.

Roadrunner will do with Rush what they do to every other band on that label. Promote the living shit out of it and after a month or two, if RR is not happy with the sales you will see less and less promotion . In a year from now , Rush and or Managment will bitch about "Lack of Promotion" ect, just like every band on RR that does not ship a boatload of albums .

Many thanks, sounds completely logical to me.

At best, we get a single in two weeks.

At worst, we get a new album in about six or seven weeks.

Sounds like a win-win to me.

Then there is the icing on the cake...

...Clockwork Angels Tour (with the possibilty of "Signals" in it's entirety)

I am a very happy Rush fan!

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 4 2012, 01:08 PM)

That's true. Before this week, I hadn't been there in maybe two years, perhaps more.

But if they put a snippet of the new song on their website, DING DING DING, we'd all be hitting it.

goodpost.gif

rush has a website? laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Apr 4 2012, 04:17 PM)

Well you're awfully glass half full, aren't you? tongue.gif

After awhile it just feels to me like a big tease, like we're being kind of jerked around. Possible album covers are all well and cool, but what we really want is to hear some material. It gets a bit frustrating going back to the same websites day after day hoping for something concrete and not just heresay and speculation. Anything short of the real thing isn't that impressive to me anymore, it's just more talk.

I guess things have always been this way prior to an album release, and maybe we're just spoiled now in the internet age with leaks and previews, etc. Adding to the difficulty is the (sigh... again) 5 freakin' year wait between albums, and almost 2 years since the single was released. If after that anyone is still being incredibly patient, then you must be a really patient person. tongue.gif

I don't usually experience this kind of frustration as I rarely care about modern music, but this one I do. In terms of Roadrunner building up anticipation, like I and many others have already said, I don't think it's doing anything for anyone who isn't already a huge fan. Give us a 30 second clip or something and you'd make the fans REAL happy. yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 4 2012, 08:58 PM)

I guess things have always been this way prior to an album release, and maybe we're just spoiled now in the internet age with leaks and previews, etc.  Adding to the difficulty is the (sigh... again) 5 freakin' year wait between albums, and almost 2 years since the single was released.  If after that anyone is still being incredibly patient, then you must be a really patient person. tongue.gif

This is it my friend.

Old days.. heard on radio:

"The new album comes out ______, and we'll be playing the new single on _______" and that was it. You lived with it... There was nothing to speculate about smile.gif Then we ran to the store, bought it, ran home, and listened to it...

Back then (70s/80s) form our fav bands we got a record a year. Maybe two years between.

Things were different. This has carried on forever... but thats made worse via internet...

Edited by lerxt1990

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 4 2012, 07:58 PM)
QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Apr 4 2012, 04:17 PM)

Well you're awfully glass half full, aren't you? tongue.gif

rofl3.gif

Are you kidding?

Rush aside, I'm happy I'm still here to enjoy new albums and tours! cool.gif

2.gif AlexFinal.gif 2.gif NeilFinal.gif 2.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif