What Roadrunner Is Doing and Clockwork Angels

farcryoverspilledmilk

What if they pump it up with all these rumors, and then we get it, and its good but not great and then we get dissapointed, and then listen to top 40 and then lose our taste in music and then go to concerts with mainstream fans who make fun of our Rush shirts and then throw beer on us and then we get a cold and wind up getting pneumonia and hospitalized.

I dont want to be hospitalized, I hope the new album is good.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Apr 1 2012, 09:02 PM)
At least we aren't hearing about someone peeing his pants! laugh.gif

I just played Headlong RUSH througth headphones to a cadaver and it came back to life and started rocking, banging his head and then I pissed my pants!

sarcasm.gif

Aren't we getting a bit out of hand with this anticipation?

confused13.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif icon_alienjig.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 1 2012, 09:09 PM)

I just played Headlong RUSH througth headphones to a cadaver and it came back to life and started rocking...

And it told you, "Jack, relax, get busy with the facts!", right? How cool!

tee hee hee tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 1 2012, 09:09 AM)
QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ Apr 1 2012, 02:28 AM)
I would say it is their strongest song writing since Presto

OUCH! Sorry, NOT Rush's finest songwriting right there. Anyway, that assessment, like all the others we've heard so far, is just one person's opinion.

And your assesment of Presto is certainly your own opinion.

I think Presto contains some of Rush's finest work.

Melodically, it's a tour de force. Easily one of Geddy's best efforts as a songwriter and vocalist, so I welcome any comparison to it.

I do agree with Trenken, though - this "freind of a guy I know's freind" stuff has to be taken at face value.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Apr 1 2012, 09:27 PM)

I just played Headlong RUSH througth headphones to a cadaver and it came back to life and started rocking...

And it told you, "Jack, relax, get busy with the facts!", right? How cool!

tee hee hee tongue.gif

You know it!

rofl3.gif

I just played Headlong RUSH througth headphones to a cadaver and it came back to life and started rocking, banging his head and then I pissed my pants!

sarcasm.gif

Aren't we getting a bit out of hand with this anticipation?

confused13.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif icon_alienjig.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Good thing you didn't play the cadaver Snakes And Arrows. That would have proven you can still actually fall asleep after you're dead. rofl3.gif

Why wouldn't we, as fans, want Rush to be given proper marketing and attention?

Why are some of you guys almost demanding that the track be released, as if it is owed to us lol?

I love the fact that Roadrunner is building the hype and keeping us in suspense - even if it is only for the die-hards. Who cares?

In this day of leaked songs, instant gratification and I WANT IT NOW mentality - I wholeheartedly welcome a slow tease build-up to the new material.

It's all part of the fun.

QUOTE (eshine @ Apr 1 2012, 09:40 PM)

Why are some of you guys almost demanding that the track be released, as if it is owed to us lol?

I love the fact that Roadrunner is building the hype and keeping us in suspense - even if it is only for the die-hards. Who cares?

In this day of leaked songs, instant gratification and I WANT IT NOW mentality - I wholeheartedly welcome a slow tease build-up to the new material.

Absolutely, I tired of McDonalds and Wendy's ! I want to wait for a really nice, juicy T-Bone Steak!!

bolt.gif

QUOTE (eshine @ Apr 1 2012, 08:40 PM)

This. 100%, this.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 2 2012, 02:05 PM)

This. 100%, this.

Yeah, I agree with this too. Accept this: many people are greedy and impatient. But if this excitement/hype/whatever helps to give Rush the incentive to keep generating albums & tours, then I don't mind.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 1 2012, 10:09 AM)

OUCH! Sorry, NOT Rush's finest songwriting right there. Anyway, that assessment, like all the others we've heard so far, is just one person's opinion.

While I'm glad they have a marketing team working and giving Rush the push they deserve and haven't gotten for a long time, I fear it will make precious little if any difference in terms of album sales or concert sales. The only people who are drooling over all the secrecy, the leak of a "listening party," etc., are the hardcore fans who'd be buying the album regardless (hint: if you're reading this, you're who i'm talking about. wink.gif tongue.gif ).

Regardless, cloak and dagger nonsense aside, new Rush coming soon...

While I agree with your statement that it won't make much difference in album sales in the end, at least RR is working hard for the band. But...

Think about it. Normally, a RUSH release is only news to "us". What RR is trying to do on the tide of BTLS and the TMT, two things that have brought RUSH to as close to the "public eye" as they have been since I've been a fan, all those "new" or "casual" fans who maybe saw BTLS on VH1 or went to the TMT because of the hype of hearing MP, may NOW decide, "what the heck, I will check out this new album". Maybe it won't translate into a huge selling album, in fact it probably won't. I think it will be huge as far as RUSH albums go, but as far as being huge in the music industry, odds are it won't.

But I say good for RR and for them maximizing the excitement. Just the hubbub on Twitter and Facebook from the Headlong Flight blurbs at least the general public may have heard about HF. Normally, the only ones hearing about it would be us.

So I say good for RR, glad they are working hard for RUSH and if it translates into more records sold in the first week and jumps them up the charts...and if CA is great, who knows, maybe this will sell alot.

I think taking the old RUSH release approach for 3 guys who work hard at their craft and at this stage of their career is a disservice to them, as they deserve the best marketing push they can get. And who knows, it just might work.

Again, to save some of you the time, it probably won't work, but why blame RR or RUSH for trying, and again, if they can somehow get it to appeal to the younger generation of music listeners, like alot of us were when RUSH appealed to us, but with this being the internet age, who knows, maybe they will sell a ton of albums.

I don't blame them for trying!

The only bad thing is I want to hear HF NOW! laugh.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 2 2012, 01:19 AM)

This. 100%, this.

Yeah, I agree with this too. Accept this: many people are greedy and impatient. But if this excitement/hype/whatever helps to give Rush the incentive to keep generating albums & tours, then I don't mind.

yes.gif

I'll hear the songs whenever they're released. There's something old school about hearing the single early, then hearing the rest of the songs when I have the album in my hand. Like the pre-internet days. 1022.gif

QUOTE (eshine @ Apr 1 2012, 09:40 PM)

Well said. Hell, I would be fine with not hearing a second of the album until the day it hits stores (aside from Caravan and BU2B, obviously). But I am a patient guy, so there's that. tongue.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 2 2012, 01:57 AM)

This. 100%, this.

yes.gif

I'll hear the songs whenever they're released. There's something old school about hearing the single early, then hearing the rest of the songs when I have the album in my hand. Like the pre-internet days. 1022.gif

I really want to do it this way and plan on it...I think...but if songs start getting leaked...it's gonna be hard to not click that link!

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Apr 2 2012, 01:36 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 2 2012, 01:57 AM)

This. 100%, this.

yes.gif

I really want to do it this way and plan on it...I think...but if songs start getting leaked...it's gonna be hard to not click that link!

Yeah there was something really romantic about flipping through the radio stations and hearing some guy yell " here is some NEW RUSH"

Followed by: Subdivions, Distant Early Warning, The Big Momey, Force Ten, Show Don't Tell or Dreamline.

It was always fun hearig that first essential Rush song hit the airways.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

While I'm glad they have a marketing team working and giving Rush the push they deserve and haven't gotten for a long time, I fear it will make precious little if any difference in terms of album sales or concert sales. The only people who are drooling over all the secrecy, the leak of a "listening party," etc., are the hardcore fans who'd be buying the album regardless (hint: if you're reading this, you're who i'm talking about. wink.gif tongue.gif ).

Yes, that statement first grabbed me as CA to be weak. Presto is quite low on my list of Rush releases. I think only VT is below it.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 2 2012, 08:02 AM)

Yes, that statement first grabbed me as CA to be weak. Presto is quite low on my list of Rush releases. I think only VT is below it.

I think he was including Presto in the mix of sub standard 2.gif albums!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 2 2012, 09:08 AM)

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

So he is saying this isn't going to be a good release, that is, unless you really liked Presto.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 2 2012, 08:17 AM)

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

So he is saying this isn't going to be a good release, that is, unless you really liked Presto.

No hes saying that this is the best Album since Hold Your Fire basically! or since they went off track with Presto!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 2 2012, 09:53 AM)

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

No hes saying that this is the best Album since Hold Your Fire basically! or since they went off track with Presto!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

So again, HYF was a weak release for Rush. Wasn't it?

QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 2 2012, 09:31 AM)

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

If you think MP was the last non-weak, it will be their best since MP wink.gif

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Apr 2 2012, 10:51 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 2 2012, 09:31 AM)

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

If you think MP was the last non-weak, it will be their best since MP wink.gif

I understand that to mean "as good as", which still spells a weak release. That was not something I hoped for.

Now that's how you do it!

I am absolutely stunned that only one other poster in the entire thread hinted at the possibility of an April Fools joke going on here.

The OP made it believable, didn't over do it with the content and said practically nothing about the new stuff.

Wow. No offense, but I don't believe a word of what was said. In fact, he/she hasn't posted in this thread again right ? Had to catch a plane ?

rofl3.gif Snippets ? They had a listening party in NY and then reps from Roadrunner visited different radio personalities with Headlong Flight. That's it.

Edited by anchorman

QUOTE (anchorman @ Apr 2 2012, 11:04 AM)
Now that's how you do it!

I am absolutely stunned that only one other poster in the entire thread hinted at the possibility of an April Fools joke going on here.

The OP made it believable, didn't over do it with the content and said practically nothing about the new stuff.

Wow. No offense, but I don't believe a word of what was said. In fact, he/she hasn't posted in this thread again right ? Had to catch a plane ?

rofl3.gif Snippets ? They had a listening party in NY and then reps from Roadrunner visited different radio personalities with Headlong Flight. That's it.

doh.gif