What Roadrunner Is Doing and Clockwork Angels

farcryoverspilledmilk

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Apr 5 2012, 01:44 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 4 2012, 07:58 PM)
QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Apr 4 2012, 04:17 PM)
Many thanks, sounds completely logical to me.

At best, we get a single in two weeks.

At worst, we get a new album in about six or seven weeks.

Sounds like a win-win to me.

Then there is the icing on the cake...

...Clockwork Angels Tour (with the possibilty of "Signals" in it's entirety)

I am a very happy Rush fan!

Well you're awfully glass half full, aren't you? tongue.gif

rofl3.gif

Are you kidding?

Rush aside, I'm happy I'm still here to enjoy new albums and tours! cool.gif

2.gif AlexFinal.gif 2.gif NeilFinal.gif 2.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif

I'm half kidding, but without the context of the rest of the post I wrote, my statement makes less sense. Anyway, it's all good... trink39.gif

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After awhile it just feels to me like a big tease, like we're being kind of jerked around. Possible album covers are all well and cool, but what we really want is to hear some material. It gets a bit frustrating going back to the same websites day after day hoping for something concrete and not just heresay and speculation. Anything short of the real thing isn't that impressive to me anymore, it's just more talk.

I guess things have always been this way prior to an album release, and maybe we're just spoiled now in the internet age with leaks and previews, etc. Adding to the difficulty is the (sigh... again) 5 freakin' year wait between albums, and almost 2 years since the single was released. If after that anyone is still being incredibly patient, then you must be a really patient person. tongue.gif

I don't usually experience this kind of frustration as I rarely care about modern music, but this one I do. In terms of Roadrunner building up anticipation, like I and many others have already said, I don't think it's doing anything for anyone who isn't already a huge fan. Give us a 30 second clip or something and you'd make the fans REAL happy. yes.gif

Sorry for any offense RushGoober.

I was just picking on you a bit.

I completely understand the frustration of waiting and speculating.

I get the sense that Alex, Geddy and Neil are simply enjoying their lives at this stage of the game and taking their time, moving along at a leisurely pace.

Recording and touring when what is most important in their lives (family, personal interests, etc.) permits and the three stars of Lerxt, Pratt and Dirk line up.

On the other side of their, apparent, laid back approach to their music are people like you and I who can't wait for the new album(s) and corresponding tour(s).

Of course, all the above thoughts are just my humble opinion.

I've said this before, but when it comes to Rush, I am rather like a lad on Christmas Eve awaiting Father Christmas' arrival.

I know he's coming along soon, but I still can't sleep due to the anticipation of what will be in my stocking.

That being said, I really am thrilled that they are still together, that they are recording and touring and that I am still here to enjoy new albums and tours!

-Peace, Love, Rush

RGLT cool.gif

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Apr 6 2012, 04:41 PM)

After awhile it just feels to me like a big tease, like we're being kind of jerked around. Possible album covers are all well and cool, but what we really want is to hear some material. It gets a bit frustrating going back to the same websites day after day hoping for something concrete and not just heresay and speculation. Anything short of the real thing isn't that impressive to me anymore, it's just more talk.

I guess things have always been this way prior to an album release, and maybe we're just spoiled now in the internet age with leaks and previews, etc. Adding to the difficulty is the (sigh... again) 5 freakin' year wait between albums, and almost 2 years since the single was released. If after that anyone is still being incredibly patient, then you must be a really patient person. tongue.gif

I don't usually experience this kind of frustration as I rarely care about modern music, but this one I do. In terms of Roadrunner building up anticipation, like I and many others have already said, I don't think it's doing anything for anyone who isn't already a huge fan. Give us a 30 second clip or something and you'd make the fans REAL happy. yes.gif

I get the sense that Alex, Geddy and Neil are simply enjoying their lives at this stage of the game and taking their time, moving along at a leisurely pace.

Recording and touring when what is most important in their lives (family, personal interests, etc.) permits and the three stars of Lerxt, Pratt and Dirk line up.

On the other side of their, apparent, laid back approach to their music are people like you and I who can't wait for the new album(s) and corresponding tour(s).

I've said this before, but when it comes to Rush, I am rather like a lad on Christmas Eve awaiting Father Christmas' arrival.

I know he's coming along soon, but I still can't sleep due to the anticipation of what will be in my stocking.

That being said, I really am thrilled that they are still together, that they are recording and touring and that I am still here to enjoy new albums and tours!

-Peace, Love, Rush

RGLT cool.gif

That's a bold statement.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 6 2012, 03:43 PM)

-Peace, Love, Rush

RGLT cool.gif

That's a bold statement.

eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Apr 6 2012, 04:50 PM)

-Peace, Love, Rush

RGLT cool.gif

That's a bold statement.

eyesre4.gif

laugh.gif rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 6 2012, 03:54 PM)
QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Apr 6 2012, 04:50 PM)

-Peace, Love, Rush

RGLT cool.gif

That's a bold statement.

eyesre4.gif

laugh.gif rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif z7shysterical.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 6 2012, 01:43 PM)

-Peace, Love, Rush

RGLT cool.gif

That's a bold statement.

I totally read that in John Travolta's voice...

laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Apr 6 2012, 01:41 PM)

-Peace, Love, Rush

RGLT cool.gif

No worries, it's all good! trink39.gif

QUOTE (the_necro_dancer @ Apr 1 2012, 04:31 AM)
Marketing ploy? Taking the piss more like. If this was Radiohead we would have had the record weeks ago.

Is there a good radio head forum you can go to? And leave this one here too I mean.

Never compare rush to radiohead again....in any way.

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Apr 6 2012, 09:23 PM)

Is there a good radio head forum you can go to? And leave this one here too I mean.

Geddy likes Radiohead. Should he stop being a member of Rush?

Edited by the_necro_dancer

QUOTE (the_necro_dancer @ Apr 7 2012, 04:38 AM)

if geddy likes radiohead, well than i like radiohead.

not!

QUOTE (the_necro_dancer @ Apr 7 2012, 04:38 AM)

Yes he should then lerxt and the professor could seek out radiohead for a new bassist and vocalist.

Rushhead or radiorush would be the new name of the band. 062802puke_prv.gif

Radiohead is a great band....no reason you can't like what they do and what Rush does....

Everything does not have to be lengthy arrangements of prog rock and singing about elves and trolls for Petes sake.....

Frankly bands like Yes and Genesis in the later parts of their careers blow...nothing but efficient pop music pretending to be prog...

Radiohead does some pretty cool stuff creatively....

Perhaps you were thinking of Coldplay...?

QUOTE (druid13 @ Apr 7 2012, 08:19 AM)
Radiohead is a great band....no reason you can't like what they do and what Rush does....

Everything does not have to be lengthy arrangements of prog rock and singing about elves and trolls for Petes sake.....

Frankly bands like Yes and Genesis in the later parts of their careers blow...nothing but efficient pop music pretending to be prog...

I don't want to think about Coldplay with your brain.

this is starting to remind me of the Rush GuP radio show I heard back in 83-84 (?) where some close minded Rush fan who finally gets to talk with Geddy after waiting and waiting asks.....

Caller: "Is it true you like ...DEVO?" (gasp)

Geddy: " Yes I like them very much"

DJ: "Is that the extent of your questions?"

Caller: "Yes"

Embarassing is all I have to say. I could not believe my ears that someone A. waited that long to ask that or B. was that upset Geddy might like DEVO...good gawd.

I just bought tix for radiohead in June here in the r n r capital....so I really need no lecture on them or any other music from you broseph. They are a good band, rush is an elite band- that's all I was saying. No need to break out the progressive-rock-is-only-good-in-the-70's argument. You were probably not doing much besides sucking a bottle then anyways. A milk bottle that is, son.

never been disappointed with a rush album. they are all different. everyone has their favorites. i listened the living heck out of snakes and arrows. it's a good listen from beginning to end. i'm sure CA is going to sound great. they put a lot of craft into their music. they love making music.

of course i skip through songs here and there only because i have heard them one to many times. it's like that with all artists.

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Apr 7 2012, 09:31 AM)

I just bought tix for radiohead in June here in the r n r capital....so I really need no lecture on them or any other music from you broseph. They are a good band, rush is an elite band- that's all I was saying. No need to break out the progressive-rock-is-only-good-in-the-70's argument. You were probably not doing much besides sucking a bottle then anyways. A milk bottle that is, son.

Um....No. That would be an incorrect assumption....ASIA was false Prog as was Invisible touch era Genesis as was many of the incarnations of Yes....that is all.

QUOTE (druid13 @ Apr 7 2012, 09:55 AM)
QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Apr 7 2012, 09:31 AM)

Um....No. That would be an incorrect assumption....ASIA was false Prog as was Invisible touch era Genesis as was many of the incarnations of Yes....that is all.

False prog or not I love the rock/pop era of Genesis. wink.gif

thats cool...I just felt they really got way too cheesy....

I saw them on the IT tour at a stadium and it was the most boring show I have ever witnessed.

By the time Phil got to this stage ( see video) I was like "Come on Phil WTF? Already?" Like everything they wrote started sounding like a beer commercial....

Edited by druid13

totally disagree, with the exception of the very last one without phil which i havent heard, all the post-gabriel genesis albums were exceptional smile.gif just a touch more mainstream, and ive no problem with that if it works.

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Apr 4 2012, 02:14 AM)
According to RIAB's Twitter, 3 songs have been previewed (off C and BU2B) by one Twitter account RIAB is following wink.gif

Maybe they're 3 other than Headlong flight? wink.gif