The New Album and Tour..

That One Guy

why all the turmoil? We have out answers!

New Single " Headlong Flight" Releasing April 19th, 2012

New Album " Clockwork Angels' Releasing May 29th, 2012

New Tour "Clockwork Angels Tour" Begin Fall 2012

What else do we need? We have our dates and the whole summer to digest what might be RUSH's crowning achievement: Clockwork Angels!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 29 2012, 04:02 PM)

What else do we need? We have our dates and the whole summer to digest what might be RUSH's crowning achievement: Clockwork Angels!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

...because none of those are TODAY. tongue.gif

Yeah, I think I'm convinced. I am going to exhibit self-control, and not take a peek at the setlist until my ears hear what the setlist is.

Hopefully i can make three shows this year. We're runnin out of Rush!

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Mar 29 2012, 03:11 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 29 2012, 04:02 PM)

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

...because none of those are TODAY. tongue.gif

Patience Young Padawan!

cool.gif

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Mar 28 2012, 07:43 PM)
Like everyone else, I'm extremely excited for Clockwork Angels, and the fall tour. But when the Time Machine Tour was announced, I got my hands on the setlist as fast as i could and stared it downtil the concert. This left little surprise in my mind during the show.

I think for this tour (one of the last) I'm gonna do myself a personal favorite and absolutely not take a peek at the setlist before the show... Complete surprise every time a song ends, wondering what the next song will be..

It sure wasn't fun the last two years knowing exactly how many songs were left before the show was over.

Has anyone ever starved themselves of the playlist before the tour? Was it worth it?

Good thread!!

To tell the truth, the only tour for any group that I have known the set list for was Rush on TM and I felt that subtracted somewhat from my enjoyment of the show.

I am going to do my best to avoid finding out what is on the setlist. No interest at all in finding out the setlist.

QUOTE (TheAccountant @ Mar 29 2012, 09:18 PM)
Like everyone else, I'm extremely excited for Clockwork Angels, and the fall tour. But when the Time Machine Tour was announced, I got my hands on the setlist as fast as i could and stared it downtil the concert. This left little surprise in my mind during the show.

I think for this tour (one of the last) I'm gonna do myself a personal favorite and absolutely not take a peek at the setlist before the show... Complete surprise every time a song ends, wondering what the next song will be..

It sure wasn't fun the last two years knowing exactly how many songs were left before the show was over.

Has anyone ever starved themselves of the playlist before the tour? Was it worth it?

Good thread!!

To tell the truth, the only tour for any group that I have known the set list for was Rush on TM and I felt that subtracted somewhat from my enjoyment of the show.

I am going to do my best to avoid finding out what is on the setlist. No interest at all in finding out the setlist.

Like I said prior, I find it very beneficial to make a cd of the setlist for my Kids! The More songs they know the more they enjoy the show!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I always try to avoid first show spoilers - it's way more fun for me to let the set unravel not knowing whats coming next, particularly when they play a rare song or something that hasnt been played before.

I'll admit, when they played Presto I got a little choked up blush4.gif

Of course I'll never forget my first show for the VT tour - first time I had seen the band in years, I had fifth row and did everything I could to avoid any spoilers - literally 3 minutes before they took the stage, the guy next to me says "dude, this is gonna be stellar - they open with Tom Sawyer and they play By-Tor for the encore"

I wanted to strangle him lol

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Apr 2 2012, 06:54 PM)
New single on the 19th. I won't be able to stop myself from listening to that.

Most definately!!

But I'm old school when it comes to the entire album - I will refrain from downloading any other leaked tracks or reading fan reviews of leaked tracks before the official realease.

It's just more fun for me - and lets face it, these moments are few and far between.

i didn't know any of the setlist for the time machine tour, except that they open the first set with Spirit of Radio and the second set with Tom Sawyer and Moving Pictures.

after TSoR, i was completely ecstatic when they played Time Stand Still. but from Presto through Faithless i was like "okay, i don't really know/like these songs too much". i only really started listening to these songs after the show and the DVD. Freewill and Subdivisions were well placed, as was Marathon (holy shit, that explosion!!! haha!). i was only truly surprised in the second set when they played 2112+Temples, and then La Villa Strangiato and Working Man for the encore were perfect surprises as well.

this is something i'd do again (not spoiling the set at all), but now i think im more "equipped" so-to-speak, and i can identify more songs faster. Can't wait for this tour to get underway!!!! 653.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 29 2012, 08:06 AM)
depends on how much beer you drink.  the weaker the setlist the more beer i consume which sets up multiple pee breaks.  this is why i like to know the setlist, so i can strategically plan when i fuel up and skip out. sort of like a revolving door.  tongue.gif

No offense, but you sound like my least-favorite fellow concert-goer: the guy who's constantly leaving and coming back to his seat to get drinks, hit the john, smoke, make a call, etc. Seriously, why even bother going? Whoops, I said "going." tongue.gif

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Mar 28 2012, 09:02 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 28 2012, 08:13 PM)

if you don't know the setlist you can't plan your pee breaks accordingly.

I wouldn't miss any song on purpose just to take a piss. They could play I Think I'm Going Bald and I would sit through it.

I'd pay good money for them to play that one.

It rocks.

Setlist doesn't matter...it's Rush, I'll take whatever they play as a bonus! I'm always curious, and usually pick up some of the recordings during the course of the tour before I get to see them, so whatever, no spoilers needed for me.

After the events in Neils life, I never thought I'd see them again, and about the time I was resigned to the fact that it was over, they were back, and I've seen them every tour since then...

As much as I hate Vapor Trails and Roll the Bones, I'd even go if they played either of those whole albums....

How much longer can this last?

I saw the setlist for Time Machine before I went, really wish I wouldn't have.

I saw Radiohead a few weeks ago, and had seen the setlist from the previous show. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they play entirely new setlists every single show. Major, MAJOR changes to the songs. Pretty cool to see bands do that, especially ones that have so many fans that will go to multiple shows.

QUOTE (Checkster2112 @ Apr 4 2012, 11:56 AM)
I saw the setlist for Time Machine before I went, really wish I wouldn't have.

I saw Radiohead a few weeks ago, and had seen the setlist from the previous show. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they play entirely new setlists every single show. Major, MAJOR changes to the songs. Pretty cool to see bands do that, especially ones that have so many fans that will go to multiple shows.

Yeah, Radiohead is really good about that. Granted, they have about 13-15 songs that are played at every show, and then the other 10-12 rotate like crazy, but even the ones that are played every night do not always stay in the same spot in the set list every time (except for Bloom being the opener at practically every show, for example).

I was able to do this for TM in 2010 because I was attending the first show in Albuquerque...much to my chagrin, however, much of the setlist was revealed to me minutes before the show because the damn tourbook listed video credits for specific songs...so, unfortunately, presto, marathon, etc. were not quite the nice surprises they would/could have been angry.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 29 2012, 04:20 PM)
I need the setlist, so i can make a cd of each set and prepare the kiddies!

The more songs they know the better their concert expoerience will be!0

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I did this for myself last year. Time Machine was my very first Rush concert and I made a playlist of the set list as at the time I wasn't as familiar with some of the songs and also wanted to get a feel for the show. It didn't spoil anything at all for me. I hadnt memorised the set list so it was still kinda a surprise for me.

I'm not gonna do that for this tour. I want the full on surprise experience!!! 2.gif

I can see why people want nothing to do with knowing the tunes that will be played. I can go either or at my age. I am just so happy they are still around. We are already budgeting for the tour. I talked my girlfriend in to going. But she wants to see them in Florida or any other place that has a beach close by. Are the Florida gigs outside? I love the outside concerts! biggrin.gif 2.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Apr 4 2012, 10:20 PM)
I can see why people want nothing to do with knowing the tunes that will be played. I can go either or at my age. I am just so happy they are still around. We are already budgeting for the tour. I talked my girlfriend in to going. But she wants to see them in Florida or any other place that has a beach close by. Are the Florida gigs outside? I love the outside concerts! biggrin.gif 2.gif trink39.gif

It all depends if they are touring the Amphitheaters or not, it can go either way, your best bet would be Tampa or West Palm Beach for beaches, unless its indoor concerts than Ft. Lauderdale is your place!

Enjoy the sun!

th1245.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 4 2012, 07:35 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Apr 4 2012, 10:20 PM)
I can see why people want nothing to do with knowing the tunes that will be played. I can go either or at my age. I am just so happy they are still around. We are already budgeting for the tour. I talked my girlfriend in to going. But she wants to see them in Florida or any other place that has a beach close by. Are the Florida gigs outside? I love the outside concerts! biggrin.gif  2.gif  trink39.gif

It all depends if they are touring the Amphitheaters or not, it can go either way, your best bet would be Tampa or West Palm Beach for beaches, unless its indoor concerts than Ft. Lauderdale is your place!

Enjoy the sun!

th1245.gif

Thanks,

I am going either way. I just prefer the outdoors. Are those cities generally safe?