Headlong Flight

iluvgeddy05

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 29 2012, 08:39 AM)
QUOTE (tas7 @ Mar 29 2012, 01:05 AM)
Sources saying Caravan and BU2B have been re recorded as Rush changed record labels.

I read a recent-ish interview with Alex online where he said they were probably going to re-record Caravan and BU2B. yes.gif

that would be great if they made some major changes to both songs but i don't see anything big happening.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sources saying Caravan and BU2B have been re recorded as Rush changed record labels.

I read a recent-ish interview with Alex online where he said they were probably going to re-record Caravan and BU2B. yes.gif

The keys are back! I can't wait for this album. I think they will rerecord Caravan and BU2B but the composition will remain the same.

yes.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 29 2012, 09:41 AM)

that would be great if they made some major changes to both songs but i don't see anything big happening.

like rewriting the lyrics to BU2B wink.gif

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 29 2012, 01:13 PM)
What you've got to remember is there's no keyboard player in RUSH, just a couple of dabblers, one of which doesn't even like keyboards...

i'll bet they didn't plan on using keyboards and than nick the producer fanboi jumped in and said give me some keyboards. geddy and alex: i hear and obey.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 29 2012, 02:13 PM)
one of which doesn't even like keyboards...

I think he likes keyboards ...as long as they don't get in his way.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 29 2012, 02:22 PM)
What you've got to remember is there's no keyboard player in RUSH, just a couple of dabblers, one of which doesn't even like keyboards...

i'll bet they didn't plan on using keyboards and than nick the producer fanboi jumped in and said give me some keyboards. geddy and alex: i hear and obey.

laugh.gif

Oh brother...please go take another 'pee-break'! wink.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Mar 29 2012, 01:31 PM)

laugh.gif

Oh brother...please go take another 'pee-break'! wink.gif

you don't think it's possible? unsure.gif not the pee break. tongue.gif

Edited by ReflectedLight

I cant even get into the damn name. It sounds to stupid to me. Headlong Flight? I'm sure I need to get some music attached to it and maybe then it will start sounding normal, but man I wish they would just do everything at once. Dont tell me the name before the single is released. Then I start over analyzing even just the name.

Please explain something to me.

What about Rush, as they exist today, do you actually like? So far from reading your posts you think they write crappy music, hate their fans, and now you think they are spinelessly subserviant to their producer..

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 29 2012, 01:10 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 29 2012, 09:41 AM)

like rewriting the lyrics to BU2B wink.gif

that would be a good start along with the musical changes especially the, "i can't stop thinking big" part both vocally and the guitar part which i don't like.

QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 29 2012, 01:48 PM)
I cant even get into the damn name. It sounds to stupid to me. Headlong Flight? I'm sure I need to get some music attached to it and maybe then it will start sounding normal, but man I wish they would just do everything at once. Dont tell me the name before the single is released. Then I start over analyzing even just the name.

I thought Caravan was a strange song title initially too. All I could think of was Dodge Caravan's. And let's not get started on BU2B which could've been some obscure chemical compound.

Clockwork Angels is shaping up to be the weirdo song title album.

Not to mention the weirdo album title itself.

Edited by savagegrace26

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 29 2012, 03:10 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Mar 29 2012, 02:04 PM)
An electric guitar is not even a real instrument.

Neither is a keyboard, it's just a synth controller, unless it's attached to a piano...

I know, but Alex seems to think that an electric guitar is somehow more credible than a synthesizer. By the way, I'm quoting Jon Anderson on what Vangelis said to Steve Howe when they were considering him to be the keyboardist for the "Relayer" album.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Mar 29 2012, 02:14 PM)

Neither is a keyboard, it's just a synth controller, unless it's attached to a piano...

I know, but Alex seems to think that an electric guitar is somehow more credible than a synthesizer. By the way, I'm quoting Jon Anderson on what Vangelis said to Steve Howe when they were considering him to be the keyboardist for the "Relayer" album.

wtf.gif

Alright you two, take your conversation to another plane of consciousness where it can be appreciated.

tongue.gif

Very exciting news. Still gonna sit back, wait, and not go overboard with expectations. But hearing the news that the keyboards return and there is a heavier edge is awesome! Oh, and I love the song title. Edited by GUP1771

Expectations are what you make of them. Glean from these types of comments something positive, not something MONUMENTAL. I think the comments coming out so far are interesting, but the person could be dead wrong about the quality. I gleaned from it "there are keyboards this go 'round." I can get behind that.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Mar 29 2012, 03:14 PM)

laugh.gif I remember that story from when I saw him earlier this month.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Mar 29 2012, 02:18 PM)
Expectations are what you make of them. Glean from these types of comments something positive, not something MONUMENTAL. I think the comments coming out so far are interesting, but the person could be dead wrong about the quality. I gleaned from it "there are keyboards this go 'round." I can get behind that.

Agreed. I mean, there are keyboards in Caravan and BU2B already. They are also really heavy songs. They also have really punchy bass and acrobatic drum parts.

It just seems like people are able to get all excited about hearing these descriptions of the new unheard song and album overall but when these same desires are in songs that we already have a lot of these same fans are going "whatever" about them. When something is unknown and over the horizon it can meet any fantasy you have for it but when you hear it it's not going to sound that way. I doubt there'll be much in a descriptive sense that will be in Headlong Flight that's not already in those two songs from CA. "It's like an updated By-Tor" - What does that even mean? Are some of you people expecting the same notes in the same order or something? It's going to sound like songs we've never heard before and it might be awesome. But describing songs in words is not really useful other than concrete things like song lengths or whether it's an instrumental.

Caravan already has everything most of you seem to be wishing for and yet a large number of people don't like it. What previous Rush song does it sound like? Nothing, it sounds like Caravan. And Headlong Flight won't sound like Bytor, either, it'll sound like Headlong Flight.

Just posted at RIAB:

UPDATE - 3/29@5:46PM: And here's a Facebook post from Mike Hsu who works the mid-day shift at WAAF in Boston (thanks Snaked):

Just listened to the new Rush song "Headlong Flight". My pants are tight!..and moist from losing control of my bladder during the massive Alex Lifeson solo. @rushtheband