Manning chose

nobodys hero

The news just reported Manning chose Denver. A news conference is planned for later in the day. Poor Tebow!

edit: I guess Tebow will be traded

Edited by nobodys hero

Poor Tick

I don't get this one. While Tebow wasn't that great of a QB at the start of last year he was coming along nicely by the end of the season. All he needed was better guys on offense to get the ball to and I think he would've been OK. He's not gonna be a hall of famer or anything but he could've had a nice productive career with the Broncos.

At this point Tebow has more upside than Peyton does. I guess Denver wants to win now instead.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Mar 19 2012, 11:34 AM)
I don't get this one. While Tebow wasn't that great of a QB at the start of last year he was coming along nicely by the end of the season. All he needed was better guys on offense to get the ball to and I think he would've been OK. He's not gonna be a hall of famer or anything but he could've had a nice productive career with the Broncos.

At this point Tebow has more upside than Peyton does. I guess Denver wants to win now instead.

It proves that despite Tebow's success last year Elway and co were never really confident in him, and certainly not as a long term QB solution...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 19 2012, 11:46 AM)

It proves that despite Tebow's success last year Elway and co were never really confident in him, and certainly not as a long term QB solution...

I guess so. But like I said, he got better as the season went on. It would've been good to see what Tebow could do after what he pulled off last year and with some NFL experience under his belt now.

Peyton can certainly do a lot for the Broncos but what are they gonna get out of him? Maybe two seasons? Then they'll be looking for another QB again.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Mar 19 2012, 11:51 AM)

I guess so. But like I said, he got better as the season went on. It would've been good to see what Tebow could do after what he pulled off last year and with some NFL experience under his belt now.

Peyton can certainly do a lot for the Broncos but what are they gonna get out of him? Maybe two seasons? Then they'll be looking for another QB again.

That's why they should keep him, give him a couple of years as Peyton's understudy and he should twice as good...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 19 2012, 11:55 AM)

That's why they should keep him, give him a couple of years as Peyton's understudy and he should twice as good...

Exactly. Look what working under Farve did for Aaron Rodgers.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Mar 19 2012, 10:59 AM)

That's because Favre was always there for Rodgers, taking him under his wing on and off the field.

Can't see the selfish Manning doing anything of the sort.

As they say, there is no I in Favre, like there is in Manning...

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Mar 19 2012, 06:18 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Mar 19 2012, 06:05 PM)
Wow, you went from coveting him to calling him selfish after he doesn't choose your team.  Rich.  biggrin.gif

I think Peyton broke his heart . wink.gif

I think you're right. wink.gif

I'd rather Manning have gone to the 49ers, but it runs Teblow out of Denver, so now someone else who wants a quarterback who 85% of the time is utter shite can step up and have him.

I posted the following in the Browns thread, but I figured I'd post it here as not many people would go into the Browns thread. It's lonely in there!

But notice in the text below, according to the Cleveland radio station, granted not the best source, but Tebow is now on the trading block. After you read the joke my Brother pulled on me, the only part he added to the text was "to Cleveland". So Tebow may be done in Denver because I don't think they have ever really been sold on him, especially Elway.

Here is my repost:

My brother played the cruelest of jokes on me today. He often forwards me texts from Cleveland radio station WTAM 1100 AM regarding the Browns.

Here is what he forwarded today:

"WTAM1100: Reports: Peyton Manning to sign with the Broncos, who will then try to trade Tim Tebow to Cleveland, this baring any snags in contract talks."

Although I was at first shaken, I responded the following:

"Either an elaborate hoax or the Browns just lost me forever!"

Even though he has forwarded me probably 75 to 100 text updates from WTAM over the years and never tried any shenanigans, I had a feeling this was either forwarded to him by a friend with the Cleveland part added or he did it. Turns out it was him!

If the Browns traded for Tebow, unless it was a 7th round pick or a scrub player, I would lose that 1% hope I have every year that the Browns are gonna actually improve! Granted, having any hope as a Cleveland fan in any sport is !

Edited to make it clear...the "To Cleveland" part was added and not in the original text! Thank God!

Edited by Presto-a RUSH fan!

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Mar 19 2012, 05:53 PM)

That's because Favre was always there for Rodgers, taking him under his wing on and off the field.

r u joking? Farve is a selfish bastard and was never there for Rodgers any more than was absolutely necessary.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Mar 19 2012, 08:48 PM)

r u joking? Farve is a selfish bastard and was never there for Rodgers any more than was absolutely necessary.

TRUE!!! He hated that they took Rodgers. Favre is the ultimate ego-maniac. Granted he gave his all on the field, but that didn't mean he did it for anyone but himself.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Mar 19 2012, 06:48 PM)

Of course...I thought that was a dead giveaway that I was being sarcastic.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Mar 19 2012, 04:53 PM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

But seriously, the only thing Rodgers learned from Favre is how to snap on his chin strap only when he's about to get under center. That's a true story. It was Favre's little ritual on the field, and Rodgers is continuing it. yes.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Mar 19 2012, 09:22 PM)

But seriously, the only thing Rodgers learned from Favre is how to snap on his chin strap only when he's about to get under center. That's a true story. It was Favre's little ritual on the field, and Rodgers is continuing it. yes.gif

I guess being a Packers fan - the sarcasm was easily detected.

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Mar 20 2012, 06:16 AM)
http://i.imgur.com/TgUqA.jpg

applaudit.gif

ENA - pretty sure this is the best post you have EVER made trink39.gif

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Mar 20 2012, 08:19 AM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Mar 19 2012, 09:22 PM)

I guess being a Packers fan - the sarcasm was easily detected.

You could say that.... wink.gif wink.gif