Canadian Musician And Friend Of Geddy Says:

presto123

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 12 2012, 03:12 PM)
RUSH. I think this is going to end up being their great "later" period record.

This statement comes from Dave Bidini. I don't know much about him other than he's been involved with Geddy concerning a baseball book he wrote. I think maybe there is a good chance he has heard at least part of the record(speculation on my behalf) so this statement has me excited even more. I hope by "later period" he means everything from Counterparts to today.

Just another little nugget of HYPE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 12 2012, 07:54 PM)
Definitely mediocre at best. The instrumental breakdown section of Caravan is the only part of the two songs that I got excited about.

yes.gif

That instrumental break really took me by surprise while running through "Caravan", which I fouund kind of dull. "Brought Up To Believe" had a few more parts that stood out, but nothing as cool as the break. I enjoyed the songs much better live, and I attribute that to production. I the new recording isn't as overdub heavy and dense as Snakes And Arrows or this single.

In my opinion, S&A is at least their best since Counterparts. Probably since Power Windows.

I firmly believe that CA will be their best since Moving Pictures.

Not a wish. I bet on it.

QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Mar 12 2012, 09:51 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 12 2012, 06:12 PM)
put me on record as geddy saying, there was a certain fluidity in the creation process and we are all very pleased with the outcome.  laugh.gif

What exactly do you want him to say? Seriously.

I'm sure there are musicians on this board, and if you created album after album, would you keep saying, "Ehhh, it really doesn't feel as good as our last record, but we'll pump it out with hopes to get cash."

I'd sure love to be a fan of a band like that sarcasm.gif

This ^^^

Granted all the comments that people are attributing to Geddy, Alex or Neil are probably going to be said.

But any artist that puts alot of time into something and pours their heart and soul into it is going to feel that way. Whether we feel that way is a different story but to them, each album probably feels like the best thing they've done at that time.

It's only later after they have had time to separate themselves from the project do they then see the possible errors of their ways. Like on CoS, they thought they had just put out the greatest thing ever. Remember the story they tell of excitedly playing it for Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons and they didn't get it. Then years later RUSH looks back and says how bad they think it is.

To expect them to say anything else after working on something so hard is silly.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 12 2012, 03:53 PM)
How many bands are there where their last album was one of their greatest?

Um, Abbey Road...............of course it was the fukking BEATLES after all.

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Mar 13 2012, 03:18 AM)

I thought 'let it be' was the last Beatles album...

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Mar 13 2012, 03:22 AM)
QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Mar 13 2012, 03:18 AM)

I thought 'let it be' was the last Beatles album...

Let It Be was released last, but Abbey Road was recorded last. yes.gif

Kiss, Sonic Boom.

And they are releasing Monster, probably better than SB smile.gif

Edited by Alexmai

clockwork angels is going to sound exactly like S&A. all of the songs will be vocally phrased just like S&A. the writing might be a little bit like S&A. it's going to be more of the same. nothing to hear or see here folks. their glory days have been over since the late 80's. to bad time didn't stand still for them. Edited by shail

QUOTE (shail @ Mar 13 2012, 09:38 AM)
clockwork angels is going to sound exactly like S&A. all of the songs will be vocally phrased just like S&A. the writing might be a little bit like S&A. it's going to be more of the same. nothing to hear or see here folks. their glory days have been over since the late 80's. to bad time didn't stand still for them.

Well I guess that's it then. I'm gonna quit this message board and go listen to my old vinyl records and sulk in the corner thinking about the glory days that will never come again.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 12 2012, 05:53 PM)

Dream Theater, for one smile.gif

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Mar 13 2012, 03:14 AM)
In my opinion, S&A is at least their best since Counterparts. Probably since Power Windows.

I firmly believe that CA will be their best since Moving Pictures.
Not a wish. I bet on it.

Shhhhhhhh. You're going to upset the debbie downers on here. It has become quite predictable on this site which posters responses are 90% negative. The only good era of Rush was the 70's. eyesre4.gif I totally think the first 5 records are over-rated by most Rush fans.

Edited by presto123

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Mar 13 2012, 10:18 AM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 12 2012, 05:53 PM)

Dream Theater, for one smile.gif

Sure, because they Re-wrote their first 2 albums laugh.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Mar 12 2012, 06:42 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 12 2012, 04:22 PM)
great later period record? huh.gif  compared to what, s & a?

Yes! S&A was incredible. Best release since PoW.

cool10.gif

Some of the people on here are almost as bad as the Yes fans.

If Rush hasn't released a good album since the 80's then why go on a message board and post in topics about how much you're going to hate the upcoming album? Doesn't it seem like a waste of time? Instead of dwelling on things you hate, go do things you love.

As for me, I'm excited about the new album. I don't think it's gonna be their crowning achievement or anything, but if it's on-par with S&A I'll be happy.

QUOTE (Dscrapre @ Mar 13 2012, 09:50 PM)
Some of the people on here are almost as bad as the Yes fans.

If Rush hasn't released a good album since the 80's then why go on a message board and post in topics about how much you're going to hate the upcoming album? Doesn't it seem like a waste of time? Instead of dwelling on things you hate, go do things you love.

As for me, I'm excited about the new album. I don't think it's gonna be their crowning achievement or anything, but if it's on-par with S&A I'll be happy.

I guarantee the new releases will elicit a firestorm of argument.

Edited by GeminiRising79