2112 Overture-Audience participation

losingit2k

Would someone enlighten me on what tour did the Audience participation begin during the Overture. I know it wasn't on All the worlds a stage!

Even though they might have played it, the recording might not be on the CD . I know it was prior to the Vapor Trails tour!

confused13.gif

hmmmm.....well, they didn't do it on GUP. And I seem to remember at least SEEING the audience doing it on the ASOH video. So maybe around then?

I've noticed some videos it's more prominent than others. I've actually come to expect it now, and am disappointed when I don't hear it on live recordings smile.gif

I don't think I hear it too much on the R30 DVD, and I'm bummed 'cause that's my favorite version. (I love it when they added "The Grand Finale", but, to be honest, the "whole thing" on DS is just too much for me)

Clem

You know, I was wondering the exact same thing the other day.

What about La Villa? When did that start?

I remember we all started doing it in mass on the T4E tour when they brought it out in it's entirity.

I never remembered anyone doing it like we hear it now before this tour and I have been to every tour starting with the Signals tour.

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jan 30 2012, 04:16 PM)
What about The Camera Eye?

Did they do that on the MP tour?

smile.gif

Yes they did and again on the Signals tour sans the second section about England.

QUOTE (Todem @ Jan 30 2012, 03:05 PM)
I remember we all started doing it in mass on the T4E tour when they brought it out in it's entirity.

I never remembered anyone doing it like we hear it now before this tour and I have been to every tour starting with the Signals tour.

My first tour was RTB and it was done on that tour for sure.

QUOTE (Todem @ Jan 30 2012, 04:22 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jan 30 2012, 04:16 PM)
What about The Camera Eye?

Did they do that on the MP tour?

smile.gif

Yes they did and again on the Signals tour sans the second section about England.

Sorry I meant the crowd cheer during the intro! tongue.gif

The first recordings I've ever heard it on where from the Signals Tour.

Not sure of the exact show though.

That was also the same tour that they kind of spoofed it and rejected most of their distant past during that time.

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Jan 30 2012, 02:36 PM)
I'm not vouching for the veracity of the claim, but someone says it first happened at this show.
Per the reviewer, "This is the first time an audience shouts ?Hey!? during Overture..." If it happened on this date in 1980, then the phenomenon goes back as far as the Permanent Waves tour.

Thanks..I knew I had read that before somewhere.