Alice Cooper

NobodysHeroine

I saw his show/concert on AXS TV not long ago. The cleaned up Alice. Not the Alice I saw live in the 70's.

The new band rocked with that chick on guitar.

I thought she was just playing rhythm guitar until she cut loose on her own. All the people in this new band are very good musicians and the drummer was excellent.

I'm not sure if these are his band/people or people hired to do the shows. But wherever he found or got them, he got a very good band.

Alice as always was the show. I like Alice.

I think I like his music better today than in the early years. I also think he did some new stuff?

Despite being an Alice Cooper fan for nearly 4 years now, there's a few of his albums I still have yet to listen to

One of them is "Raise Your Fist and Yell".

LOVE the album's single "Freedom".

Anyway, I had no idea about this, but the album is yet another concept album of his. Now I'm going to have to listen to it ASAP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxTAu4_5nP8

• Like 1

This is so cool..

I'm an Alice Cooper fan (clearly), and so is my metonymic brother who I've been a caretaker for for years now.

This weekend he spent the night at my place, and I let him use my computer. For those who don't use iTunes: there's a rating function on it which allows you to rate a song one a scale of 1 to 5 stars. I don't make use of this function personally. Just now I've opened iTunes to play some Alice Cooper, and I found that he went through and rated 5 stars on every Alice Cooper song on every album of his I have there on iTunes. I find that both hilarious and adorable.

http://puu.sh/pAjv5.jpg

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 2

Despite being an Alice Cooper fan for nearly 4 years now, there's a few of his albums I still have yet to listen to

Anyway, I had no idea about this, but the album is yet another concept album of his. Now I'm going to have to listen to it ASAP.

RYFAY is a very good record, especially Side 2, much better than its' predecessor Constrictor.

RYFAY is a very good record, especially Side 2, much better than its' predecessor Constrictor.

Constrictor is another one I have yet to hear.

My thoughts on Raise Your Fist is... The guitar shredding is great, but Alice's songwriting doesn't seem to be up to its usual par. I still love Freedom, as far as the USA goes the lyrics "Freedom to rock, freedom to talk!" have never been more relevant than they are today.

Censorship is retarded.

Anyway, the biggest turn-off from RYFAY for me is the album art. It's weird, and the bad kind of weird.

New album called 'Paranormal' out July 28th. This will be his 27th studio album :o

http://www.blabbermo...l-release-date/

Was afraid Nightmare 2 might be his last. This is cool news, and it's coming very soon too. Hope it's more like Along Came a Spider rather than Nightmare 2 to be honest. The eclectic nature of Nightmare 2 was cool, if only it had been more metal oriented it'd have gone a lot better.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Bucky%20Bikes%20the%20Bay%20Sept%2019%202009/me%20and%20Alice%20C._zpsibp0wbdq.jpg

Hoping he'll stop by again when he is in town with Deep Purple over the summer.

Rock ON!

• Like 1

Halo of Flies is proof enough that Alice Cooper could do anything, while Poison is proof that he shouldn't.

Big fan of his/their early stuff.

In fairness, I have not bothered to check out much from the 80's and beyond, because I disliked the singles and as a kid that's all I heard.

I should check out everything else, because his 70's work was so very good and proves he can do it.

Halo of Flies is proof enough that Alice Cooper could do anything, while Poison is proof that he shouldn't.

In fairness, I have not bothered to check out much from the 80's and beyond, because I disliked the singles and as a kid that's all I heard.

I should check out everything else, because his 70's work was so very good and proves he can do it.

If you've never heard the albums The Last Temptation, Brutal Planet and Dragontown, I highly recommend them.

• Like 1

If you've never heard the albums The Last Temptation, Brutal Planet and Dragontown, I highly recommend them.

I've heard none of those, but I'm no snob nor do I believe artists 'lose it'. They either try to hard or they simply change what they want to do, but a good artist should always be capable of doing good work.

So in that spirit I will definitely check those out with high expectations!

• Like 1

Brutal Planet is up there with his best work

So is Last Temptation and Dragontown. His last great album run with those three.

I always thought along came a spider was excellent as well. Individual songs perhaps not as much, but the album as a whole i really like

Does he still have his radio show? I always enjoyed it, but havent listened to radio in ages

Yeah. It airs on Saturday nights here. Sometimes I might hear a little bit of it if I'm in my truck late.