Alice Cooper

NobodysHeroine

Alice's last album is a good listen....he's still got it imo.

Half the album is decent. I Am Made Of You, Caffeine, The Congregation, I'll Bite Your Face Off and When Hell Comes Home are all good. But it's not enough to get me to go back and listen to those tracks too often. Overall the album isn't that special and it's an insult to the original Welcome To My Nightmare that the album shares the same name (almost) as it. The last album he released that I enjoyed start to finish was Dragontown. There's songs I like on the albums he's released since then but for the most part his last four albums have been pretty average or just plain embarrassing like Dirty Diamonds. Even though the last decade hasn't been too good for Alice creatively, he's still got a great catalog of songs. Even with the last few albums not impressing me much his discography as a whole is one of the strongest you'll ever find from any artist.

• Like 1

Last day of school for the kids was yesterday. Played Rockband 2 with my 10 year old. First song we played was naturally, "School's Out".
  • Like 1

I saw Cooper last night and he put on another great show as always. The setlist was mainly a run through of his greatest hits but since it was a co-headlining show with Marilyn Manson it's understandable. Not everyone in the crowd was there for Cooper, so to play most of the hits with no surprises makes sense. The crowd was certainly more there for Cooper than to hear whatever abomination of music Manson is supposed to be.

After all these years Alice now has someone on stage that can almost steal the show from him. That person is the lovely and talented Australian lead guitarist Orianthi. This was my fourth time seeing her play with Cooper and this was the most comfortable and into the show I've seen her yet. Her soloing is great and when she plays the lead riffs on classics like No More Mr. Nice Guy and Poison it really adds something new to the songs. During Dirty Diamonds the band did an extended jam which included a solo from Orianthi and that got a great reaction from the crowd. I didn't even notice the rest of the band on stage last night. It's all about watching Cooper and Orianthi when they are on stage together. If Alice comes out with another album I hope she can help with writing the music. After touring together for two years now I would like to see what kind of songs they can come up with.

Alice still has the theatrics, like a 15 foot tall "frankencooper" monster that comes out during Feed My Frankenstein and him getting beheaded by a guillotine. I'm Eighteen was the last song of the night and Manson came out on stage to sing it along with Cooper and surprisingly Manson didn't butcher the song :LOL: It was actually a very good way to end the show and it gave the song a more big time grand finale feel to it.

Here's the full set:

http://www.setlist.f...y-13d9d111.html

• Like 1

Orianthi is a fine guitarist.

She is playing a solo show the night before at Webster Hall in NYC on 17 July.

This is the night before the Alice Cooper concert at Beacon Theatre in NYC on 18 July.

http://image.pollstar.com/WeblogFiles/pollstar/1201131027581834413_v1.jpg

• Like 1

I'll come right out and say it- Alice is the SHIT!! :notworthy:

Alice Cooper Goes To Hell is my facorite album of his :)

When I was 18 I saw him in concert and he was awesome!!!! I remember he stabbed a baby doll with a sword and I thought "Ohhhhhhhhh yes, this show is going to ROCK."

I have 8 of his albums (so far) and can honestly say, I love them ALL. Every single song is perfect.

My sister in law worked at the local country club and everytime Cooper was in town, he'd golf there. SHe said he was an extremely nice man who "tipped well" LOL

SHE'S NOT EVEN A FAN OF HIS!!!! arghhhhhh lol ;)

When I was 18 I saw him in concert and he was awesome!!!! I remember he stabbed a baby doll with a sword and I thought "Ohhhhhhhhh yes, this show is going to ROCK."

I have 8 of his albums (so far) and can honestly say, I love them ALL. Every single song is perfect.

My sister in law worked at the local country club and everytime Cooper was in town, he'd golf there. SHe said he was an extremely nice man who "tipped well" LOL

What eight albums from him do you have?

Yeah, Alice is a really nice guy. He always treats people with respect and tells interesting stories in interviews. I don't think I've heard anyone say a bad word about Alice. Easily the most likeable guy in rock now that Ronnie James Dio is no longer with us.

• Like 1

Yeah, Alice is a really nice guy. He always treats people with respect and tells interesting stories in interviews. I don't think I've heard anyone say a bad word about Alice. Easily the most likeable guy in rock now that Ronnie James Dio is no longer with us.

Alice Cooper Goes To Hell

Killer

Welcome To My Nightmare

Welcome 2 My Nightmare

Billion Dollar Babies

School's Out

From The Inside

Love It To Death

Killer

Welcome To My Nightmare

Welcome 2 My Nightmare

Billion Dollar Babies

School's Out

From The Inside

Love It To Death

Being the Cooper expert I am, I would say get the albums Hey Stoopid, The Last Temptation, Brutal Planet and Dragontown next. Those four albums are as good as anything else he's done.

• Like 1

Killer

Welcome To My Nightmare

Welcome 2 My Nightmare

Billion Dollar Babies

School's Out

From The Inside

Love It To Death

Being the Cooper expert I am, I would say get the albums Hey Stoopid, The Last Temptation, Brutal Planet and Dragontown next. Those four albums are as good as anything else he's done.

Will do! :)

thanks!

we used to have Hey Stoopid, but it was an old burned copy. I've been on the lookout for an official replacement lol

I know my brother has 2 I don't have, I just can't think of them at the moment- I keep meaning to borrow them and put them on my laptop!

Killer

Welcome To My Nightmare

Welcome 2 My Nightmare

Billion Dollar Babies

School's Out

From The Inside

Love It To Death

Get Muscle of Love too. It's prob the weakest of the original group's albums, but still good.

Killer

Welcome To My Nightmare

Welcome 2 My Nightmare

Billion Dollar Babies

School's Out

From The Inside

Love It To Death

I couldn't agree more.

"The Last Temptation" may just be my favourite Alice Cooper album.

I would add "From the Inside" or "The Eyes of Alice Cooper" as well...another couple of classic AC albums.

Welcome 2 My Nightmare, right?

That entire album is fantastic. I couldn't believe it!

That track (I forget the title) which has like an oompah band on it is great. Alice is one of the few artists around who would even contemplate doing that on a record nowadays.

• Like 1

That track (I forget the title) which has like an oompah band on it is great. Alice is one of the few artists around who would even contemplate doing that on a record nowadays.

Quite right, "The Last Man on Earth" is right up there with "Some Folks" from the first "Welcome to My Nightmare" album.

Quite right, "The Last Man on Earth" is right up there with "Some Folks" from the first "Welcome to My Nightmare" album.

I absolutely love Welcome To My Nightmare! :ebert:

http://www.alicecooperpics.co.uk/SickthingsUK/forums/images/smilies/zalice.gif I knew there was a reason you are one of my most favourite TFRers! http://www.alicecooperpics.co.uk/SickthingsUK/forums/images/smilies/zalice.gif

http://www.alicecooperpics.co.uk/SickthingsUK/forums/images/smilies/zalice.gif I knew there was a reason you are one of my most favourite TFRers! http://www.alicecooperpics.co.uk/SickthingsUK/forums/images/smilies/zalice.gif

Aww..! :blush: :coy:

Check out the setlist for the "Raise the Dead Tour"...

He pays tribute to John Lennon, Keith Moon, Jimi Hendrix & Jim Morrison.

Hello Hooray

House Of Fire

No More Mr. Nice Guy

I'll Bite Your Face Off

Is It My Body

Caffeine

Billion Dollar Babies

Under My Wheels

The Congregation

Hey Stoopid

Poison

Dirty Diamonds (incl. drum solo)