Geddy's Vocals on Camera Eye

EveryNerveAware

How do you make these isolated tracks, anyone know? I'd love to break down newer songs, as all the isolated tracks I've found are more popular older songs. Maybe they come from Guitar Hero games?

That was very, very cool.

I have no idea why, but "realities" is not the same as the mixed version. Check it at 2:55. Maybe this is one track of a vocal overdub, or at least at that spot in the song? The rest seems spot on, other than the time shortened up between verses to save us the wait, I assume.

Cool nonetheless. 1022.gif

If you cue up to this Moving Pictures take and listen line for line with the link in the op, it is clear that the last "reality" is different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LmIOg33oPo

It almost to my ears seems like the "London" take here was scrapped, but the"N.Y." part matches quite well.

Check out op link @ 2:58/ above link @ 10:14

This has been a 2.gif nerd alert!

trink39.gif

eta: LMAO, it is funny when Ged sang, "A light unique to every city street<S>" , and you then here the "Hello?" from the booth.... then Ged, "right, gov!"....

rofl3.gif

Edited by RushIslander

I love these kinds of isolations! His vocal are at their best throughout the Moving Pictures album, like with Permanent Waves, but it's interesting to hear Ged get a little off pitch in some of these lines. Unnoticeable with the final mix.

QUOTE (RushIslander @ Jan 18 2012, 07:46 PM)
If you cue up to this Moving Pictures take and listen line for line with the link in the op, it is clear that the last "reality" is different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LmIOg33oPo

It almost to my ears seems like the "London" take here was scrapped, but the"N.Y." part matches quite well.

Check out op link @ 2:58/ above link @ 10:14

This has been a  2.gif  nerd alert!

trink39.gif

eta: LMAO, it is funny when Ged sang, "A light unique to every city street<S>" , and you then here the "Hello?" from the booth.... then Ged, "right, gov!"....

rofl3.gif

I'm confused. Are you noticing something different or the same as my post above yours? I hear the London part in the OP. The only thing I find off is "realities," but since the total time for each track is different, I may have missed something with only 1 pass. Actually, the "hello?" and "right, gov!" seem slightly different, but that may be just due to lack of background instruments blending things. Dunno.

Does anyone have any idea why only that one word is off (it is not drawn out as in the mix on MP that we all know and love.) I would presume that the person who posted this clip did the isolation himself, so why the anomaly?? The only explanation I can think of is that he DID NOT isolate the vocals from his production CD, but rather somehow obtained an original track from the mixing and this is a version that had that one minor change done before final mix. I find it curious for sure.

At 8 seconds you can hear him open his mouth and breathe in. That would so be cut in today's studio, but it's THAT stuff that makes a song sound natural and (heaven forbid) real.

Just a tiny thing, but still. "Perfection" isn't always best.

QUOTE (MassProductionZone @ Jan 19 2012, 11:41 PM)
WOW, thanks EveryNerveAware, supercool.Gary's killin' it! Hope I'm not late to the party but mastertracks18 on youtube has a great selection of isolated tracks, but they keep getting taken off by yt.

enough to be consuming a lot of my time... how about helter skelter isolated bass... wow...

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jan 18 2012, 10:58 PM)
QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jan 18 2012, 09:58 PM)
It's in isolated tracks like this one that I appreciate just how powerful his voice is.

yes.gif

Double yes.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 19 2012, 11:43 PM)
QUOTE (MassProductionZone @ Jan 19 2012, 11:41 PM)
WOW, thanks EveryNerveAware, supercool.Gary's killin' it! Hope I'm not late to the party but mastertracks18 on youtube has a great selection of isolated tracks, but they keep getting taken off by yt.

enough to be consuming a lot of my time... how about helter skelter isolated bass... wow...

Time well spent Lerxt1990 and so very worth it bacon.gif . I'm a HUGE Van Halen fan and their iso tracks have such an earthy vibe to 'em, warts an all.Man, imagine if The Beatles would have veered off with that Helter Skelter metal sound and never looked back.