Rush to tour in Fall 2012.

yyzyy

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jan 3 2012, 10:31 PM)
QUOTE (likeclockwork @ Jan 3 2012, 10:18 PM)
Original plans were indeed for a tour starting early June (they were well into routing dates) but plans changed pretty abruptly and the tour was pushed back a few months.  No change in the album schedule.

You say this as if you have sources. Sources please?

If this person has sources, they remain that...sources. They dont have to be identified. Nor should they I think...cause lets say, he says, well my neighbor plays canasta with Geddy's wife. You'd believe the poster?

Take the poster's word, or not...I think it sounds pretty reasonable. they'll be back this year, and I'm cool with that.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jan 4 2012, 01:03 PM)
QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jan 4 2012, 12:18 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jan 3 2012, 12:22 PM)
I can see that Happening:

Set 1:

2112 (Entire)

What are you trying to kill Geddy??

First song's a bit of a tall order on his poor pipes wink.gif

Nah... 2112 is mostly instrumental anyway! I think Geddy would be fine!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

2112 in its entirety has been done. Wont happen again I'm afraid.

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Jan 4 2012, 09:25 AM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Jan 3 2012, 05:19 PM)
QUOTE (MMCXII @ Jan 3 2012, 05:33 AM)
I don't believe this. I'm not calling the OP a liar but I don't think it's a north American tour. They try to tour in the summer because of Geddy's voice. This is more and more important as each year passes! There's also Neil's riding and who wants to argue with Neil Peart??? Thats right, nobody!

Either this guy was talking about a south American tour or warm climate somewhere else. Or maybe he was pulling your leg and wants you to be pleasantly surprised when the SUMMER Tour is announced!

Agree totally. I was thinking about this yesterday. Howard probably didn't want to come out with the exact truth when somebody asked him about touring. I still hope it's a summer tour and spring release. You're right. I don't think Neil will pass up a chance to ride in the summer.

Howard doesn't BS about things like that. A fan asked him a question and off the cuff, he gave him the information he had at that time. However, as someone else pointed out, things can/did change very quickly. Why is that so hard to believe?

As for Neil, he rides in just about any weather. You don't seriously believe that Rush tours are planned around his riding comfort... do you??

Actually I do believe that. It has always seemed lately that Neil gets his way when it comes to stuff like this. The other two are more go with the flow I think. Just like when Ged and Alex wanted Neil to play Closer To The Heart at one of the overseas shows I think and Neil vetoed it right away. I know they consider it a democracy but really I think Neil wears the pants when it comes down to it.

Edited by presto123

What if this, what if that...

How 'bout we're all just happy we are going to get a chance to see them live again.

Who cares if it's indoors or outdoors or in a parking lot or it's winter or it's spring. They play song X or they better play song Y.

Whatever they do, it's better than them calling it quits and not touring at all.

Sayin', eh?

QUOTE (Don Quixote @ Jan 3 2012, 04:45 PM)
6 songs from a new album to open the 2nd set including an epic? You might lose half the building with that

yes.gif It would be the biggest 2.gif to the Beer line you have ever seen

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 4 2012, 04:57 PM)
QUOTE (Don Quixote @ Jan 3 2012, 04:45 PM)
6 songs from a new album to open the 2nd set including an epic?  You might lose half the building with that

yes.gif It would be the biggest 2.gif to the Beer line you have ever seen

Agreed...even if the new album kicks ass, putting 6 brand new songs back-to-back like that is an audience killer IMO.

Hell, I loved S&A, and even I thought that the 5 S&A songs opening the second set on that tour was a downright terrible decision.

You need to mix it up...new material with the classics. Plain and simple.

even I thought that the 5 S&A songs opening the second set on that tour was a downright terrible decision.

I agree. I wasn't a huge fan of S&A, so that was a dud of way to start the 2nd half (though Far Cry is awesome). Spreading them out is much better than bunching them all up together. I could see 3 together, but man ... That was too many new tracks in a row. If I remember correctly they did most of the album on that tour! They usually do what? Five songs from a new release?

Ticket sales may not have suffered, people still went, but Rush fans are, if anything, dedicated. It was a fair trade off to hear all the other songs. I mean, Entre Nous? A Passage to Bangkok? I dealt with it, but hope they dont do it again.

Edited by wilb1972

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jan 4 2012, 12:00 PM)
I don't believe this. I'm not calling the OP a liar but I don't think it's a north American tour. They try to tour in the summer because of Geddy's voice. This is more and more important as each year passes! There's also Neil's riding and who wants to argue with Neil Peart??? Thats right, nobody!

Either this guy was talking about a south American tour or warm climate somewhere else. Or maybe he was pulling your leg and wants you to be pleasantly surprised when the SUMMER Tour is announced!

Agree totally. I was thinking about this yesterday. Howard probably didn't want to come out with the exact truth when somebody asked him about touring. I still hope it's a summer tour and spring release. You're right. I don't think Neil will pass up a chance to ride in the summer.

Howard doesn't BS about things like that. A fan asked him a question and off the cuff, he gave him the information he had at that time. However, as someone else pointed out, things can/did change very quickly. Why is that so hard to believe?

As for Neil, he rides in just about any weather. You don't seriously believe that Rush tours are planned around his riding comfort... do you??

Actually I do believe that. It has always seemed lately that Neil gets his way when it comes to stuff like this. The other two are more go with the flow I think. Just like when Ged and Alex wanted Neil to play Closer To The Heart at one of the overseas shows I think and Neil vetoed it right away. I know they consider it a democracy but really I think Neil wears the pants when it comes down to it.

I agree totally. Neil wears the pants and the tours are scheduled around his riding route. I believe this is also one of the reasons we see so little of them in Canada. The cities are too far apart to make it between shows. Geddy and Alex are more flexible because they fly. The equipment also has to be shipped, and bad winter weather can affect that severely. Neil rode all across Canada on his Ghost Rider trip and probably doesn't want to repeat such a long trip for just a few shows.

Just my 2 cents.

QUOTE (On TheRoad To Adventure @ Jan 5 2012, 10:33 AM)

I agree totally. Neil wears the pants and the tours are scheduled around his riding route. I believe this is also one of the reasons we see so little of them in Canada. The cities are too far apart to make it between shows. Geddy and Alex are more flexible because they fly. The equipment also has to be shipped, and bad winter weather can affect that severely. Neil rode all across Canada on his Ghost Rider trip and probably doesn't want to repeat such a long trip for just a few shows.

Just my 2 cents.

What I don't think you realize is that while Neil does carry quite a bit of weight with the band, he's also not a total d*ck about it. It's one thing to refuse to play a particular song live or to cause the delay/rescheduling of a few shows for personal reasons. But it would be a whole different thing for him to be so self-centered as to force band mates & crew to conform to his schedule on such a grand scale. Knowing his psyche', do you really think that he'd feel comfortable doing something like that?

Still, you guys are entitled to your opinions and I respect that. smile.gif

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Jan 5 2012, 01:56 PM)
QUOTE (On TheRoad To Adventure @ Jan 5 2012, 10:33 AM)

Just my 2 cents.

What I don't think you realize is that while Neil does carry quite a bit of weight with the band, he's also not a total d*ck about it. It's one thing to refuse to play a particular song live or to cause the delay/rescheduling of a few shows for personal reasons. But it would be a whole different thing for him to be so self-centered as to force band mates & crew to conform to his schedule on such a grand scale. Knowing his psyche', do you really think that he'd feel comfortable doing something like that?

Still, you guys are entitled to your opinions and I respect that. smile.gif

Ha, you asked another question where the tiny yet vocal Neil Is A Dick group would answer yes. Stop asking questions laugh.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 30 2011, 03:23 PM)
QUOTE (The Big Money @ Dec 30 2011, 03:14 PM)
Awesome! INDOOR SHOWS!!!! smile.gif

Yes. Awesome. Hate sheds.. much prefer arenas...

Especially since Nashville no longer has a shed. The show in April was my first one indoors for Rush, and it is much preferred.

Oh, this is so EXCITING! I could scream I'm so excited.

(Actually, I have screamed. A lot.)

The show I saw back in April of last year was indoors. It'd be cool to see them outdoors! I don't really mind, though, I just want closer seats! I wanna be in the front row!! wub.gif biggrin.gif

Oh, I can't WAIT! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (alexlifeson- @ Jan 6 2012, 05:36 PM)
Oh, this is so EXCITING! I could scream I'm so excited.
(Actually, I have screamed. A lot.)

The show I saw back in April of last year was indoors. It'd be cool to see them outdoors! I don't really mind, though, I just want closer seats! I wanna be in the front row!! wub.gif biggrin.gif

Oh, I can't WAIT! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Dude I've been watching them since the signals tour, I've never been in the front row.. best fifth row on Alex's Side!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I dislike arena shows and much prefer outdoor shows so I hope this rumor is false. If this fall tour is true, guess I'll have to travel a bit more as there is no way in hell I am seeing Rush at the Delta Center in Salt Lake City again after the terrible sound there in 2002.

Howard's cool. When I was standing outside of Radio City Music Hall in NYC, 9/23/1983, with my friend and the radio DJ, Howard looks out the window, sees our DJ, and shouts, "Hey Andre, get in here". We walked past the whole line up at the back of RCMH and up the stairs, got my "All Areas Pass", and the dream became reality!

QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Jan 5 2012, 02:59 PM)
Count me in with the crowd that thought 5 S&A songs in a row to open the second set was excessive.

It was Horrible

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 12 2012, 06:46 PM)
Count me in with the crowd that thought 5 S&A songs in a row to open the second set was excessive.

It was Horrible

I thought it was fantastic. The grin on my face grew bigger and bigger with each consecutive new song that was played during the opening night show in Atlanta, Georgia.

This is why I love Rush. They don't give a shit.

It was Horrible

Yes. Very poorly executed, and a notable fart in the middle of a great setlist.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 13 2012, 12:40 AM)

It was Horrible

Yes. Very poorly executed, and a notable fart in the middle of a great setlist.

You know, most people complain that 2.gif plays the same songs live over and over again, and now you get 5 new songs in a row and everyone complains! Make up you damn minds!

banghead.gif

You know Dream theater played a whole God damn album (80 minutes) worth and everyone there were hanging on every note. I guess us 2.gif fans are just getting old and a bit spoiled. Be glad that we still have the opportunity to catch our favorite group while they are still intact. Dream Theater and just about every other band I know are splintered But not 2.gif . We still have the same three guys since they got together in 1974 and they are still giving us New Music nearly 40 years down the road. So just shut the hell up and enjoy the ride!

You don't want me to go back there!

bitchslap.gif

Edited by losingit2k

So, getting back to the topic at hand. This is actually pretty big news if it's accurate and I have no reason NOT to believe losingit2k.

But I'm a little confused based upon FOH's earlier post.

Was it a summer tour that got pushed back to fall. Or a fall tour that got bumped to summer? confused13.gif

from Rushisaband.com

"From what my sources are telling me, it sounds as if the band is aiming to release Clockwork Angels in late April and kick-off the tour in late May somewhere in the Southwest. We can also expect a single to be released as early as late February. "

So according to this,us salivating Rush fans will have a new 2.gif single, new 2.gif album and new 2.gif tour all within the next 5 months!

Man does 2.gif kick Ass or what!

applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif